- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Please be nice! And thanx to eve for the plot bunny!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate has another bad date and is going to turn thirty, so you can say she's having a bad day. But on top of it her past is chaising her in a very strange way...
Another screwed up relationship. It wasn't even a relationship. Kate hates birthdays, especially when it comes to the big round thirty. It's tomorror! TOMORROR! And her boyfriend has forgot it. Not only that, he even left her.
„Nice to leave me the day before the worst birthday of a woman's life!", she told herself while driving home. She looked forward to another lonely night followed by a lonely birthday and some more lonely nights. „And I told Abby not to come by!"
In fact, she had the naive thought that she would spent the night with Andrew, followed by breakfast in bed and a lovely day, some presents, so she would forget the number of years. „i wished I was ten again!", she said thinking of that time when everything was a lot more easy.
She got to her driveway and was surprised to see the lights on. „Thought I turned them out." She got to her door and saw movement in the living room.
She draw her gun. Who the hell is in her house? The door was still locked. Maybe they got through a window, but she saw none of them broken. The backdoor! No time to get around she had to take this way. She opened the door as silent as she could and walked slowly to the living room. She looked around the corner and saw the TV turned on. She looked again. A comic. Roadrunner. What kind of burglar take a break to watch Roadrunner? „HANDS UP OR I'LL SHOOT!", she yelled out while spinning around. Little hands showed at the couch. It was a child. Kate lowered the gun a little, but stayed read to shoot. „Hey! What are you doing in my house?", she asked a bit more calm now.
„Watching TV?!" the little girl answered slowly.
„How did you came in?"
„You asked me to be here, Kate!"
„I? I didn't... Who are you?"
The girl stood up and turned to face Kate.
„Oh , my, oh my God!"
Chapter End Notes:
Please be nice! And thanx to eve for the plot bunny!