- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Same summary
Kate looked at the little girl in shock.
„That can't be true! You can't be..."
„You?"
„Yeah! You can't be me!"
It was amazing. This little girl looked like a smalled copy of Kate. The brown hair, the hazelnut eyes.
„I am you, Kate!"
„I must be dreaming!"
„Nope! I'm you. Actually I'm your past. I'm you when you where ten!"
„No, you're not!" Kate hat still the gun in her hand. Somebody played her a trick.
„You asked to be ten again. Well, that's impossible, but you meet me now!"
„What are you here for?" Kate was so shocked that she just accepted the situation.
„To help you to clear some things out!"
„What things?"
„Your life, actually. You're turning thirty tomorror, right?"
„Yes..."
„Bloody old, excuse my language!" the little Kate gave a sweet smile.
„What things in my life have to be cleared?"
„You're married?"
„No,but.."
„You've got children?"
„No, but..."
„You're engaged?"
„No..."
„And you really think there is nothing to clear?"
„I'm happy just the way it is!"
„Kate! I'm you! I know that you planned your wedding when you where eight! You can't pretend to be happy!"
„Well, it's not that easy when you're grown up!"
„No, not if you're blind!"
„What should that mean?"
„You'll know! I'll help you to find the right guy! I'll accompain you!"
„I can't take a child with me everywhere!"
„Don't worry, noone will see me!"
The little Kate started to walk around the room. She found a picture of the team. „Who are they?"
„My team mates! I'm a Special Agent at the NCIS!"
„Wow! But I never dreamt of being in the NCIS! I dreamt of the secret service!"
„You, I was! I changed!"
„Why?"
„Things happened. The job at the NCIS is really good! You'll like it."
„I think so, cutie cute!" she said pointing on Tony.
„He's just a team mate!"
„He looks the way I think Marco will!"
„God, Marco!"
She hadn't thought of him for a long time. He was her best friend since kindergarten. And in High School he was her boyfriend. She had all her experience with him. The first kiss, the first time...
„You still have contact with him, I suppose."
„Actually..."
Actually she hadn't. He surely was the love of her life. Maybe he even was her life. He was her best friend, boyfriend, lover, everything you need. And she thought he would become her husband, too. But he hadn't. He couldn't. He didn't even end High School.

*Flashback*
„I'm really sorry Mr. and Mrs. Bennini. It was too late. I'm really sorry." The doctor went away, his scrubs red with blood.
Kate was sitting near. She heard it. All she had from the accident where some cuts and a broken wrist. She coudln't look at Mr. Bennini when he told her. „Marco, didn't make it." She wanted to yell at him, to call him a liar. She waited for Marco to come around the corner to tell her that it was just one of his macarbre jokes. The ones she never thought were funny. He would come with one of this smirk, a cocky smile, be he didn't. He did not come laughing. In fact he never laughed again. It was the first time they drove his new car. He just had turned sixteen. They laughed, they joked. Then a crash. When she had openend hr eyes she was here. He was gone. Emergancy surgery. But he would never wake!
*end flashback*

„Kate?"
She looked up at the little girl. She had said down on her couch. This girl didn't know. This girl was suppossed to have the best time in her life in future.
„Well, I haven't talked to him for quite a time."
„Mhm, Mummy alays say that no friendship is forever! I guess, we had, will have, our reasons, right?"
„Yeah, right!"
No need to tell her she thought.
Chapter End Notes:
Please be nice! And thanx to eve for the plot bunny!