- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
past-Kate is making Kate's life a bit more complicated
Kate got out of the elevator. She hadn't slept much because past-Kate had keep her up. She wanted to know everything about her future life. She said it's important to help her. But now, all Kate could think of was the fact that she is going to walk into the bullpen with a little girl at her side.
„Don't worry! As I said! They don't see me!"
„Yeah, great, so they see me talking to thin air!"
„No, when you're talking to me, noone will see!"
Kate looked at past-Kate.
„It's kinda magic!" The girl just shrugged and walked over to her desk.
„You're working here?"
„Yeah!" in that very moment Gibbs stormed into the bullpen, no coffee in sight. His look was freezing and he walked fast past her, not even looking at her.
„Where's DiNozzo?"
„Dunno, Gibbs!"
„Who is DiNozzo?"asked past-Kate
„He's my team mate."
„The cute one?"
„Yes...I mean...The one who reminded you on Marco..."
She looked back to Gibbs.
„Shall I go and ask Abby? McGee isn't there either!"
„Mhmm" Gibbs mumbled.
„It's not polite to mumble an answer!" past-Kate said but it came from Kate's mouth.
Gibbs looked in shock at her.
„Excuse me?"
„Nothing! I go to Abby!", she went into the elevator and pushed the down button.
„What was that?" she cried out.
„Oh well, I can interact with your friends. That's important! At least you wanted to be ten years again!"
„Yeah, but I thought I would be back in elemantary school then, and not a ten year old Special Agent! So please! Don't do that again!"
She got out into the lab and saw Abby, Tony and McGee sitting at the desk playing paper, siccor, stone. „What the hell are you doing here? Gibbs is already pissed off with you two!", Kate said her co-workers.
„Well, that's nothing yet! We have to tell him that we need a new truck..." said Tony
„And that I need a new spectroscope..." continued Abby.
„And the coffeemaschine is broken..." added Tony.
„And we have a virus in the system, so no computer is working!" completed McGee.
„Wow!" said Kate and sat beside Abby. Tony stood up. He bent down to his bag.
„Yummy!" said past-Kate again through Kate.
He turned around. „You said something?"
„No!" she breathed out and walked out of the lab as fast as possible.

„You're ten!" she screamed
„I'm precocious, you should know that!"
„God, I can't believe you did that!"
„But You must admitt, his buttom is yummy!"
„That has nothing to do with it! You can't go around and tell him that!"
Kate walked up and down in the elevator and kept yelling at the little girl.
„Sorry! It's just...*sop*... I wanna help...*sop*...and it's new for me too..."
Kate looked at her. „It's ok! Sorry, I didn't meant to..." she put a hand on the child's shoulder. Past-Kate looked up at her.
„What are we going to do now?" smiling her sweet smile again.
„We are going to Gibbs and wait for a case to come in."
„A case? With dead and everything?"
„Well yeah I guess, it depends...Just, don't say anything to, well, anybody, ok?"
The girl nodded slowly.
Chapter End Notes:
Please be nice! And thanx to eve for the plot bunny!