- Text Size +
�Why are you smiling?" Tony asked when he drove in a cap with Kate.
�Dunno! It's just, the yare so happy! That's nice to see!"
�Yeah, it is!"
�Wow! I never thought that you can think of marriage and children as something else than jail!"
�Well, I think, if it works it can be quite good." he saw her surprissed expression. �For some people!" he added. Suddenly her smile was gone.
�Something wrong?"
�No, no, it's just..."
�That you want the same?!"
She looked at him. She just couldn't read his mind. On the one hand it was annoying her on the other hand that was why he never failed to surprise her. The cap stopped.
�You wanna come in? We could have another drink."
�I would have to call me a cap later!"
�You can sleep on my couch. Please, come in!"
She didn't want to be alone. Not after that evening full of love. Getting back to the empty appartment would take all those great feelings away.
�Kay!" he nodded and payed the driver.

It was after 1 o'clock, three empty whine bottles stood on the coffeetable and they were on the fourth. They competed eachother with stories of miserable dates. Tony was about to win when Kate sighed deeply.
�I give up! You win!"
�There's no need to be sad! It's not that I'm proud of winnig a bad-date contest!"
�It's not that!" Kate said slowly �It's...You wouldn't understand it anyway."
�It's that you feel lonely, unloved and lost in some way?" She looked at him. As she said, he never failed to surprise her.
�You really think I like it to come home to an empty house every night?"
�Come on,Tony! You're not alone every night!"
�Kate, it doesn't matter if I have some girl with me or not, at the end of the night I'm alone."
She never thought of him that way. She never thought that Tony I-slept-with-uncountable-women DiNozzo could feel lonely.
�It's wired, isn't it?"he said pulling her back into reality.
�When you're together with Abby and McGee and Family Gibbs their happiness seems contagious, but the very moment they're gone it's depressing."
Kate had never seen that look in Tony's face. His handsome features were serious. No cocky smile, no sparkling in those incredible eyes of his. She didn't like that expression. It was sad, thoughtful, unhappy, it just didn't fit him. She leant close to him and kissed him gentle. It took a second before he reacted. He put one hand on her waist, the other on her cheek. It was sensation running through Kate. Adrenalin floating through her veins. It was the most intense kiss she ever got. It was too intense. There were too many feelings to deal with. All the feelings in her broke over her like a avalanche. Her eyes filled with tears but not a single one came out. He pulled back and she just looked at him. Asking him with glares.
�We both drank alot. I think we better call that a day and get some sleep!"
It wasn't a question, it wasn't an order. It was just a statement an no arguement in the entire world would change his mind right now. She nodded and left for her bedroom. He lay down on the couch. The kiss was too intens for him too. All the hidden feelings where there now and he had to deal with them, just because of that kiss. Maybe the happiness of the others was contagious but it didn't effect him the way it should. The happiness of them was a decease for him.

TBC
Chapter End Notes:
It came out of an extrem bunny attack. So I thought of the ultimate fanfiction where I can put all the bunnies in. It's nice now, but it just had started! muauaua!

Sorry, but I stopped Tate some time ago. So this won't be continued, except I'm in a really really strange mood.