- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The point where to attack Zoe is recovered
Tony couldn't find the words to explain what he thought about what Gibbs had told him.
"You can't seriously think that Zoe listens to me more than to you."
Gibbs shifted uncomfortably. He didn't like the fact that he needed help at all, especially not when it comes to the protection of his daughter.
"In this situation she doesn't fully trust me. But she trusts you."
"I can't tell her to stay out! You know her."
"Yes, I know her and I can feel that there is something beyond me. Something why she actually cares about her life. And it has nothing to do with me. I can't really point out what it is but most likely I guess it has to do with you."
Tony slowly shook his head.
"Even if there is something, she won't stay out! I mean she did everything to make clear that she won't. She even changed to the NCIS."
Gibbs nodded.
"If I ask her to stay out she'll be pissed with me, too and then we have we'll have no chance to look after her." Tony explained.
He knew Zoe well enough to know that she wants to be alone when she's pissed. Then the place to find her was her garage where she built a car (‚At least it's not a boat' Tony smiled to himself).
"I'll agree to have an eye on her, but that's all I can do."
Gibbs nodded once more. This was at least something. And he would have somebody to blame if anything happened to Zoe.
"Boss, we have a clue!"
McGee voice came over to Gibbs and Tony.

They were in a forest. There was a blace with less trees and it looked like somebody was here.
"Zoe, take photos of the scene, Tony, do the skizzes."
Gibbs went over to the man who found the place.
"You think it could have been Jetson?"
Tony asked carefully watching Zoe's expression. Maybe this trip would change her mind to stay in.
She took more photos then bend down and took a picture lying on the floor.
"If it's not Jetson, I ask myself where this guy got a picture of me when I was ten from."
She answered showing him the photo. He grimaced for a moment. She didn't seemed to give up her intention to solve this case herself or at least be involved.
It was then when she heard movement in the trees.
She looked around and everybody noticed her standing, listening, gun out.
Tony and Gibbs placed themselves near her, ready to jump into fire if necessary.
There was one shot. Then silence. Zoe could feel blood running down her right arm. Then there was a gasp for air and a nump "pflump".
Zoe looked down and saw Tony lying on the ground.
The silence seemed to killed her. Actualy there was a lot of noise around her suddenly. The Police Officer who had called them was now calling an ambulance. Gibbs and McGee where trying to make out where the shot had come from.
But no sound was getting in Zoe's ear.
She collapsed next to her lover.
She took his hand, crying silently.
At least she thought it was silently, in fact she was sobbing loudly.
"Tony...You can't..."
"Zoe..." his voice was low, shivering, sending chills up her vein. She couldn't look at him.
"Zoe...*cough* look at me..."
She slowly opened her eyes. The first she saw was the bleeding wound on his stomach. His light blue shirt was nearly complete dark with blood. Wincing she tried to focuse on his face. He was pale. She could see the pain in his features.
"I..*cough*...want you to stay...*cough*...in, Zoe. You understand me?"
She shook her head sobbing.
"Tony, I can't..."
"Zoe..*cough*...I need you to know something..."
"Don't do that Tony! Don't say good bye to me! You'll make it!"
"Zoe, I...*cough*...I...love you, more than anything else."
"I love you, too, Tony! But you'll make it! You hear me? You can't die! You can't let me alone! Not now"
She bent down to kiss the love of her life gentle.
"Promise me...*cough*...to stay in...promise!"
Zoe slowly nodded.
He smiled weakly at her.
The paramedics arrived and she was pulled away by Gibbs.
She started to struggle with him.
"HE CAN'T DIE! HE MUSTN'T! I DON'T ALLOW IT!"
She yelled and started to beat her father on the chest. The older man tried to calm her down and eventually made it.
Chapter End Notes:
In the beginning it's nice, but it's getting worse...
Thanks to Mel, and especially to eve who helped me through my bunny attacks!