- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's more between chapter, than really one of its own, so I can't really give you a summary
Zoe sat at Tony's bed. His features weren't peacful. Not to her.
She could hear the doctor talking to Gibbs outside the room.
"His condition is critical. He lost pretty much blood and some of his inner organs were injured. We could stop the internal bleeding for the moment but it doesn't look good."
Gibbs nodded slowly.
"Chances?"
"If he wakes up 60 % if he stay in this coma 30% or less."
"What if he wakes up?"
The "If" made Zoe angry. There shouldn't be an if, maybe a when, but no if!
"Will he fully recover?"
Zoe knew pretty well why Gibbs asked that question. He was his listed as Tony's next of kin, so he would be asked first to turn off the machines. But the hell would froze over and heaven would burn before she let anybody turn this machines off.
"Well, at the moment I can't answer your question."
"Ok, thank you anyway."
Gibbs said low and returned to his daughter.
"I will not let him die!"
She simply said. Gibbs knew what she was talking about.
"I didn't thought so."
He looked intense at her.
"You really should go to my place and get some rest. Abby will stay with Tony!"
She shook her head.
"You know, I don't understand this. I was there! I was in the open! He could have killed me! Why haven't he killed me? Then and there?"
Gibbs didn't answer. He knew why, just as Zoe did. She knew perfectly that Michael wants to see her suffer.
And he didn't knew any lie which could comfort her.

Every day there was this young woman sitting at the bed of this good looking coma patient.
All the nurses pitied her. They always gave her a comforting smile when they went in and out the room.
She said there, every day, singing quitely to him. Somewhere she had heard that music is good for coma patients. And she also had heard that it is good to talk to them.

"Such a lonely day, and it's mine
the most loneliest day of my liiife.
Such a lonely day should be banned
It's a day that I can't stand.

The most loneliest day of my life
The most loneliest day of my life

Such a lonely day shouldn't exist
It's a day that I never missed
Such a lonely day and it's mine
The most loneliest day of my liiife.

And if you go, I wanna go with you
And if you die, I wanna die with you
Take your hand and walk away

The most loneliest day of my life
The most loneliest day of my life
The most loneliest day of my life

Such a lonely day and it's mine
It's a day I'm glad I survived..."

She started to sob again.

Days became weeks, weekes became months.
There was only a little change in his condition. Nothing major.
Zoe did the best to hide her pregnancy but she was in the seventh month now and it started to get hard. The doctor had told her that she's critical and has to stay calm.
But nothing could move her away from Tony's side.
It was as if she feared he could die the very moment she went away.
At least she was safe. There were alway two Marines watching the door until they catch Jetson. That was a little comfort to Gibbs. But he started to worry what would happen to Zoe when the child was born.
She couldn't sit in the hospital next to Tony all day long with a newborn.
She was depressive, she had talked much to him the last months, in fact she hadn't talked much to anybody but to Tony.
In the last few months nothing changed.
Chapter End Notes:
In the beginning it's nice, but it's getting worse...
Thanks to Mel, and especially to eve who helped me through my bunny attacks!