- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
There it is, the final meeting
It was a pretty hot day. Gibbs and McGee were again following a trace. Nothing in the last months had brought them any further and Gibbs started to get frustrated. And to get frustrated meant for him to get pissed off every single day. And that meant that McGee really hated his life. Without Tony all the anger in Gibbs was focused on him, all day long.

They stormed an abandonned house. McGee walked right behind Gibbs when he felt a hit on his head and everything went black.

When he blinked his eyes open he was still lying in that house. He hadn't been moved an inch. He looked around. No sign of Gibbs. He looked at his watch. It was nearly 6 PM. He was gone for more than a hour. No way that Gibbs would have left him here. He was gone. Why he was gone? He got his cell phone and called him. No answer.

8 PM

"Sweety, you should really go home and rest!"
"Abby, nothing will move me from this bed, except the birth pranks."
Abby sighed. Every day the same conversation. 8 months and two weeks. Pranks wouldn't be that surprising anymore.
Suddenly they heard McGee arguing with one of the Marines.
"I'm Special Agent Timothy McGee! I was here yesterday!"
Abby and Zoe looked at eachother.
"Of course I look like on the picture!"
"McGee?"
Abby got up and out of the room.
Zoe could see them talking. Abby seemed shocked and McGee looked nervous over to Zoe now and then.
They entered the room. The look on Abby's face made Zoe know exactly somehing had happened.
"Honey,"Abby talked very calm to her.
"Gibbs, he is , well lost."
"Lost?"
"We guess he is kidnapped."
"You guess?"
Abby and McGee changed nervous looks.

Gibbs was sitting in a room. His hands and feet were cuffed tightly. He couldn't move an inch. For more than two hours he was sitting here but he had lost time.
The door opened and a tall man entered.
"Well, well, well, Jethro. Long time, eh?"
"Why are you wasting time?"
"Well, Jethro, you best Field Agent is lying in that hospital."
Gibbs wanted to punch him only for mention Tony.
"You are here, Zoe is pregnant, at least month seven or eigth. There is only that weak guy of yours. I have all time I need!"
"Why are you doing that? Zoe can't see you doing it."
"Jethro, not everything is about Zoe."
Gibbs raised an eyebrow.
"Well, yeah, it is about Zoe. But this time, I want her on her own."
"She won't be that stupid to come."
"She will!"
He got up and left the room again.

Zoe had left the hospital. In a unaware moment she got away. Abby and McGee were searching everywhere. She drove to a house.
The door was open. Not a good sign. She got out of the car. It was Tony's Mustang. She walked towards the door. She had stepped by her place and had her gun.
Kelly's bicile was lying on the ground. She walked slowly, listening to every sound. But there was none. The house was deserted. The living room was a mess. The couch and several chairs were turned over.
"He doesn't even try to hide it!" she said to herself.
"Where are you, you bastard?"
In that moment her cell phone rang. She had a new one.
"Hello?"
"Hi, honey!"
"What do you want?"
"Meet you at home!"
He hung up.
She turned around and hurried as fast as possible to the car.

The door opened and Jetson entered again. But this time he wasn't alone. He threw Shannon and Kelly into the room. The little girl was crying. Gibbs could hear her sobbing ever through the duck tape over her mouth. Shannon looked frightfull at Gibbs.
"Why don't you let them out! They have nothing to do with it!"
Jetson sat Shannon on a chair opposite Gibbs. Kelly was still lying on the floor.
Jetson pulled out a hammer.
‚This is nothing good!' Gibbs thought.
"Honey close your eyes!" he said to Kelly and she did.
Jetson grinned at Gibbs.
He grabbed Shannon's face.
"Doesn't she remind you on somebody?"
Gibbs gave him an evil look.
"Beauty is very fragile!"
he beat her on time with the hammer over her jaw. By the sound Gibbs knew it was irreparable broken.
Shannon's eyes filled with tears. Her cry was never heard.

Zoe stepped to the front door. It was unlocked.
She hadn't called McGee. This was her fight, not his. No need for him in danger.
She stepped down to the basement and entered the room where he made her doing her "job".
Shannon was lying on the floor lifeless. At least she assumed it was Shannon because her face was to damaged to identify.
Gibbs was sitting on a chair. He still threw up. Probably he had watched the whole time.
Kelly was still lying in a corner, crying, eyes closed.
Michael stood in the middle of the room. Smiling at her.
He grabbed Gibbs by his hair and held the hammer over his head. If she would shoot him now, the hammer would at least knoch Gibbs out. And since she didn't knew how much he had to bear already sh couldn't take the risk.
"Put that gun down, Honey!"
She let the gun fall down.
"Let them go!"
Jetson only laughed hollow.
"You got what you want, so let them go!"
"You think I got what I want? You really think that?"
"I'm here! Am I not?"
"I wanted to show you something!"
"What?"
"You know, when somebody's born there is that place in life. It is what it is. You can't change it! You were meant to be a whore! Like your mother!"
"Shut...up!"
She pressed out between her teeth.
Jetson smiled.
"You know, only a few people ever get the chance to change their life. You had this chance, but you wasted it. You couldn't deny what you are. Even if the men weren't paying you were a whore! How many were there? Three or four hundred?"
Gibbs looked weak but disappointed at her. Again, he never thought of her as a nun but this...
"You know, I had a good life."
Jetson continued.
"Until you thought you could change your life! Maybe you would have made it. A father, a sister, that boyfriend of yours and a child on the way. You don't think I could have let that happen, do you?"
e let go off Gibbs hair and turned to Kelly.
He held her and raised the hammer.
"You know, people say, bones of children grow better than those of adults. Shall we try?"
In that moment Gibbs had taken all strengh left in his body and threw himself against Jetson.
Kelly feel on the floor again and Jetson started to hit Gibbs with the hammer.
In that moment Zoe had time to get her gun up.
"Leave him alone!"
She pointed the gun at Michael. He stood up, let Gibbs left behind.
"You can't shoot me! How many people have you ever shot?"
Zoe couldn't really tell.
"Three! And two of them not deadly!"
She had raised her gun and aimed on his forehead.
"I can! You think noone can change their life? They can! I did! Maybe they won't canonize me but I'm not a whore! You will go straight to hell for this! And that is even too good for you! You don't even deserve death! But I'm not that stupid to let you get away again!"
She pulled the trigger.
Chapter End Notes:
In the beginning it's nice, but it's getting worse...
Thanks to Mel, and especially to eve who helped me through my bunny attacks!