- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
„I surely hate birthdays!" she said before diving into sleep.
„Next case! Gibbs against Jetson!"
Two men stepped up to the judge.
„So, Mr. Gibbs, you asked for the custody of Zoe Emilia Jetson, again?"
„Yes, sir, I did."
„Any changes in your lifestyle since last year?"
It was the seventh year in a row that Leroy Jethro Gibbs stood at this point.
„Well, I'm still working for the NCIS and I'm still divorced..."
„So no changes?!"the judge asked and Michael Jetson started to grin. He knew how this was going to end. Same procedior every year. 'Fucking Bastard'
„No, sir, no changes."
The judge sighed. He started to feel pity for Gibbs. It was the same judge two, three and four years before, only last year there was another. But the verdict was always the same. He slowly shook his head.
„Mr. Gibbs, we are here to decide what's the best for the child."
„I nkow that, sir!"
„And apart from your lifestyle I cannot think that it's good for a seven year old girl to be ripped out of envirement. Especially that this young girl had lost her mother. I'm sorry, but I can't give you the custody."
Gibbs nodded. „What about the weekend? One in a month, that's all I want!"
The judge looked into the files. Gibbs knew that look. It was only to pass time.
„I don't see any chance for that at the moment Mr.Gibbs."
They left the room.
„So, see you next year, Jethro." Michael smirked.
„You bloody bastard!" Gibbs pushed him against the wall. „First you steal me my fiancée, then my child and now you're making fun of me?"
„You couldn't have hold her any..." blood streamed out of his nose, clearly broken.
Gibbs opened his eyes. He hated that dream. T always haunted him at that time of year. Always around her birthday. If there was any year it was really important to get her it was that one. Gibbs shivered when a brise came to his sweat wettened body. Sure, to break this idiots nose didn't help him to get the custody the following years but it felt fucking good. Now he wished he would have beatem him to death. Then when he had the chance to safe his little girl. The little girl he loved more than life but never had seen.

It was early(or late). Zoe didn't care. She undressed and went under the shower. Her room was small but for an undercover action pretty good. The hot water ran down her body. It was covered with scars. Two or three of bullets, about the same of knives, she didn't count. For the last few year pain made her feel. And feeling meant life. There was not much other feeling before Tony came. Not much emotional feeling. There were only two people in the world who made her feel. Everything else was just physical. Gibbs once said she had to learn to feel again. She lookd down on her arms. Her under arms showed her the pain she had made herself feel. Six months until Gibbs noticed. She'd told Tony i was torture by a maniac on a case. Her look wandered upwards. Her inner elbows had many signs. Pointed scars of needles. The reason why she had to learn to feel again. Heroin did the effect. „It calmes you down! Makes you relax!" she heard Michael's voice. It was more than 20 years ago when he had given her the first shot but it was still there in her head. If she concentrated hard enaugh she could still feel the heroin working in her body and her brain. She got out of the shower and looked at the watch. Three thirty. Two hours until she had to be at the headquarter again. She threw herself into bed. „I surely hate birthdays!" she said before diving into sleep.
Gibbs was sitting at his desk. He had just finished his first case as the boss of his own team. His new subordiants were doing their reports when a girl around fifteen stormed into the bullpen followed by a security guy. „Sorry, sir, couldn't stop her!"
Gibbs looked at the girl. Her deep blue eyes were widened and she looked nervous and frightened.
„It's ok!" he said to the security guy.
„Hi! I'm Special Agent Gibbs, who are you?"
„I need your help, sir!" she whispered nearly inaudibly.
„Ok, and you're sure you need the NCIS?" he couldn't help it, this girl looked familiar.
She nodded.
„So, what is it?"
„Not here!" she shook her head and a dark bruise was seen when her red hair flew back.
„Ok, let me make a call and we'll get somewhere else!" he called The ME to clear the autopsy and took her there then.
„That's Ducky! He'll look at your eye, ok?" The girl nodded shyly.
Ducky smiled at her. „Don't you wanna tell me your name, sweety?" he asked.
„Zoe, Zoe Jetson."
Gibbs and Ducky changed a look.
„Why did you come, Zoe?" Gibbs asked slowly.
Zoe woke uneasy from the dream. Hell, 13 years and it still haunted her. Her phone rang again and reminded her why she had woken up. Who calls on her privat phone that late? She thought of Gibbs who's also haunted by nightmares around her birthday or a drunken Tony who had forgotten what time it was.
„Hello?" she answered it without looking at the ID.
„I'm back, Honey!"
Chapter End Notes:
In the beginning it's nice, but it's getting worse...
Thanks to Mel, and especially to eve who helped me through my bunny attacks!