- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
He knew that look. It was like a déjà vue but he knew pretty well when he had seen this before. It was the same look she had exactly 13 years ago.
„Good work, guys!" Gibbs said when they walked into the bullpen. They had just finished a case they had worked on for months.
„Let's do the paperwork tomorror." They started to grap their gear when a woman around 28 stormed into the room followed by a security guy. „Sorry, sri, I couldn't..."
„Zoe?" Tony and Gibbs said surprised.
„You know her?" they asked eachother, „Of course I know her!" they stared at eachother then at Zoe.
„Could we forget that for a moment?" her blue eyes linked with Gibbs'. He knew that look. It was like a déjà vue but he knew pretty well when he had seen this before. It was the same look she had exactly 13 years ago.
„What is it?"
„He's back!"
Tony and McGee changed confused looks.
„He can't be back!"
„He is, Jay!" Tony mouthed a „Jay?".
„He got life!"
„He called me!He called me from a phonebox! On my privat phone!" He's out! He broke out and he knows were I am!"
„Who?" asked Tony. He had enaugh of being ignored by his girlfriend. He wanted some answers. Zoe and Gibbs turned to Tony.
„Who's back? And why does he call you when I'm not allowed to call you? And where the hell you know Gibbs from?"
„Where do you know DiNozzo from?"asked Gibbs.
Now that the topic was on the table she had to answer it. She hadn't thought that through. Storming into the bullpen was always a good way but now her secret boyfriend was working there.
„Ok, Jay, Tony's my boyfriend, Tony, Jay's my father! Now it's out. Could we get back to the insane stepfather who broke out of prison to kill me?"
Gibbs and Tony looked at eachother in shock. Tony feared to lose his life right at that moment and Gibbs had a certain death wish for Tony. But Gibbs knew Michael Jetson. Fifteen years long he had no chance to help his daughter but now things had changed.
„He called you from a phone box?"he tried to surpress his anger, „What did he say?"
„He said „I'm back, Honey"."
„That's all?"
„Well, at the sound of his voice I lost grip of the phone and it smashed on the floor. I took the first flight after my boss said that I can't work under such circumstances. So, here I am!"
„But he's in New York, right?"
„Yeah, but he found me when I was undercover, who long will it takles for him to find me here?"
„Not long! I guess I'll be the first person he'll look for you!"
Tony had enaugh of this. He left for the break room while Gibbs called the prison Michael should be in. She followed Tony.
„So, what is it?" she asked taking a cup of coffee, „Are you gonna yell at me or don't talk to me?"
„Neither! Just a question!"
„Ok!"
„Why didn't you tell me anything?"
„Tony, these are things I try to forget! There is enaugh what reminds me to that. I didn't wanna talk about it."
He nodded „And Gibbs?"
„It was, well, I got his protective site. I didn't want to bring you into the situation that you have to hide something from him. I know Jay pretty good by now! He help me through...everything. He told me about you. He didn't know how much we two have in common, talking about our sex life. He wouldn't have liked it. I wanted to prove him first that we can make it." she smiled softly, searching his eyes. „Can we make it? Even through something like that?"she asked.
He kissed her softly but intense.
"We can!"
Chapter End Notes:
In the beginning it's nice, but it's getting worse...
Thanks to Mel, and especially to eve who helped me through my bunny attacks!