- Text Size +
The door to Abby's lab opened and Tony went in. Before he saw them he heard them laughing. He knew that Zoe was a cheerful and open person just like Abby and would normally not be surprised that they like eachother but since this was a day when he had seen Zoe that emotional he had barely seen anybody before he was a bit confused.
"Have a good time, you two?" he asked smiling.
"Sure! You choosed yourself a good girl!",Abby laughed.
"So you told her?" he asked Zoe in a serious tone.
"I thought now that Dad knows it isn't a secret anymore."
Tony's confusion increased.
"Since when do you call him Dad?"
"Since we had a really good talk in the elevator!"
‚Ah! The magic elevator' Tony thought and asked himself how many people had wished that it wouldn't have that energy button when they were in there with Gibbs. But this was his daughter and Tony wouldn't even be surprised if she had switched it. He slowly started to realize that he didn't know her that good he had thought.
He sat next to her.
"Hey Abs, Gibbs want you upstairs."
"Okay!" she was off.
"So, Is this kinda a panic room for me?"
"What?" Tony looked at her. Wondering how much bigger his confusion could become.
"It was ok that I have to stay here with Abby. But why do I have to stay here with you since she is upstairs?"
"Don't you wanna be here with me?"
"You know what I mean!"
She looked at her boyfriend. His childish smile didn't reach his eyes. They were sad, full of concern.
"Gibbs don't want you up there. He thinks you wanna be involved if you knou what we are up to."
Zoe opened her mouth to protest.
"And I think that too!" he continued before a single sound had left her lips. His smile totally gone.
She smiled slightly at him.
"You know, Tony, I'm used to deal with maniacs! Well, sure this time he is focused directly on me, but I got shot, several times, I got stabed, also more than one time and some had their very own way to try to kill me! I'm like a cat! I have nine lifes! And I still got a few left!"
She sat on his lap and rested her head on his shoulders. He wrapped his arms tightly around her.
"But this very moment! Right here, with you, is perfect! I would never exchange with anyone!"
She kissed him gently and put her head back into the same spot it was before.
It was perfect. Well, her weight was heavy on one leg but he didn't want her to stand up. Not now. This moment was too good. Actually she wasn't what he expected to be the woman of his life. Sure he had thought about marriage and children some nights, never to a particular woman, just in generell. He then thought of a woman who has nothing to do with his job. A woman he doesn't have to worry that she could die every day. Sure, it was a nice imagination to rescue the life of the woman you love, but that's not what he needed, actually it wasn't what he wanted. He always thought of that typical marriage. A woman with a normal job, maybe two or three kids. A nice life. A house outside the city, maybe a dog or a cat. But with Zoe it was nothing of that. With her he would never have a quiet life. She was a FBI agent. With heart and soul. Just like Gibbs a NCIS agent. But God he loved this woman! Every inch of her skin, every word she says, every smile she sent to him. He fell head over heels for her. That was the reason why he stayed. Why he never had the desire to leave. Never felt bored. He didn't feel claustrophibic like he usually did when a relationship went on longer than a few nights or became more than sex. But this was different. She didn't pushed him into something he didn't want. Their relationship grew with them. In their own rythm. He knew she felt the same. Just by this small gesture. Sitting in his lap and feel comfortable. That she feel relaxed and safe with him. And that was the reason. That was the reason why it worked out. Because they were equal. They were equal in mind, in feelings, in everything. Maybe he didn't knew all about her, but from this moment on, maybe even before he knew her. And that was what mattered for him. He knew her better than anyone would ever do. No matter how long they talk to her, how long they know her. He even knew her better than Gibbs. Well maybe not better, but different. You always have secrets from your father. But she had no secrets from him. Not really. When she was with him, she was totally herself. No acting. No cover. And he was the same with her. He never felt that wanted and needed by anyone. He didn't need to have sex with her or kiss her passionately what would lea to sex, talking about those two who barely could let their hands off eachother. That was just an effect of what they had. She was right. This very moment was perfect. He felt close to her. Just sitting her, holding her. Helping her somehow through this hard time. Afraid of his own feelings, not because of the feelings itself, but because of the all time presence of possible loss, possible death which was lying on this relationship like a blanket and threatened to destoy everything. But he stayed. He was there. And knew that it was exactly what she wants. Not more, not less.
He softly kissed her top of her head.
"That's exactly where I want to be!"
Chapter End Notes:
In the beginning it's nice, but it's getting worse...
Thanks to Mel, and especially to eve who helped me through my bunny attacks!