- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A familiar character shows up and Zoe finds a way to be involved
Tony had never felt this complete but in that very moment with this woman he loved more than anything else. Maybe it lasted only for a few seconds, maybe for a minute but for Zoe and Tony time had lost its meaning.
But like everything what was good for Tony it didn't last forever.
His cell phone rang and Gibbs told him to get upstairs with Zoe. He sounded really pissed so they didn't wait long.

When the door of the elvator opened he let go of Zoe's hand. The last thing he needed now was a killing gaze by his boss.
Zoe looked protesting at him. All she needed now was the comforting and supporting hand of his.
Suddenly a familiar voice came to their ears arguing with Gibbs.
„Fornell!" she stepped up to them.
„What the hell are you doing here?"
„I'm taking over the case!"
„You're doing what?" Zoe and Tony were shocked. Gibbs was still walking up and down the room fuming with anger.
„If you think you can take this case away from me you're wrong! Very wrong!"
„Jethro, let's face the facts..."
„I give a shit on the facts! She is my daughter!"
„Yes, that is one reason why you shouldn't do that!"
Gibbs seemed to be jewing his own tongue.
He got very close to Fornell. His voice was low, nearly inaudible.
„Tobias, I'll say it very clear and only one time! I will solve this case! Me and my team! And no other! This was my case thirteen years ago and it is my case now! Did I make my point clear?"
Fornell nodded.
Gibbs walked back to his desk.
„She won't be doing anything here!" Fornell pointed at Zoe.
„You can't tell me to stay out of this!" Zoe said.
„You are a FBI Agent, my FBI Agent! Gibbs made a clear point that only his team is working on this case!"
Now it was Zoe fuming with anger.
Tony was surprised that she can look so much like her father. In fact he asked himself why he had never noticed it before.
Fornell became nervous. The eyes which were staring at him were so much like those which stared at him a few moments earlier. And the had exactly the same effect.
„Then I'm changing to the NCIS!"
„You can't just decide to change!"
„He needs an Agent and asked me to come before! Besides everything is better than to work for you!"
She turned to Gibbs.
„Is that a deal?"
Gibbs was so confused he just nodded.
For several months he tried to get his daughter to his team. Not only because she was his daughter but she was also a damn good Field Agent. But right now he almost regretted to take her to his team. Because now he had to shot her before she stayed out of this case on her own.
„Any more questions, Agent Fornell?"
Zoe still looked angrily so Fornell didn't dare to say something. He just turned and left.
„So, where to start?"
Zoe smiled and everybody stared at her.
Chapter End Notes:
In the beginning it's nice, but it's getting worse...
Thanks to Mel, and especially to eve who helped me through my bunny attacks!