- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Zoe give Gibbs the reason why she has to be on it
Gibbs cleared his throat to overplay his confusion.
"You won't go on field."
He simply said, his voice not as strong and ordering as usual.
Tony was not really surprised, at least this was his daughter.
But Zoe knew the failure in chosing the right tone had nothing to do with their relation.
"I did what you asked me for several months! Now it is on you to do me a favour."
"You didn't do me a favour! At least not because you changed into my team!"
Blue eyes locked together. Neither McGee nor Abby nor Tony dared to speak. This was a father-daughter thing. Or better a Gibbs-Zoe thing. And everybody who knows Gibbs knew that you better stay out of this. If you talk into this now both will turn all their energy on you.
"Elevator!" Gibbs said when he realized that all attention was turned on them.
Without another word Zoe and Gibbs stepped out.
Tony watched after them.
On one hand he thanked god that he wasn't in that conversation. He was pretty sure that his name will be in once or twice but he wouldn't have to answer questions before he had the chance to clear some things with Zoe.
On the other hand he would give everything to hear it. He wanted to hear what she thinks, what she feels. Sure, she was open to him, in the last few hours more than anytime else.
He suddenly felt two pairs of eyes focused on his neck.
He turned and saw Abby and McGee staring at him.
"What?"

"You will not going on field!"
Gibbs said after switching the energy button.
"Oh, yes, I will!"
"Zoe, everything we do is to safe you! We can't protect you propely when you're out there!"
"Dad, you say it is your case. Well, probably that's true. But this is my fight! Former I wasn't strong enough to take it but now I am! Sure he was a marine but he was in prison for thirteen years!"
"I'm not worried about that! You could handle people like him. I'm just worried that you can't handle just him!"
Zoe looked down at the floor.
"You say it made him less dangerous that he was in prison. I say it made him more dangerous. What do you think he thought about. He planned this. Maybe from the first day he was there!"
Gibbs gaze made her shiver. There was nothing left of that firm bastard they all knew. In this very moment he looked weak. If anybody could see him now, they would know that his children where the point to attack him.
"I need to be in, Dad! This is my fight! And I'll take it! I don't care if I die over it, death can't scare me! This has to be solved, once and for all!"
She switched on the button.
Gibbs knew there was no point to argue.
He would have to find a way to protect her somehow. Maybe she didn't care about her life, he did enough for both of them.
Chapter End Notes:
In the beginning it's nice, but it's getting worse...
Thanks to Mel, and especially to eve who helped me through my bunny attacks!