- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I wrote a fic called Reality Check, which featured an M-Preg dream. Feedback was so positive that I decided to do the real thing.
Author's Chapter Notes:
There's a happy expectant couple at NCIS. There's also a not so happy one. M-Preg fic.
Title: Misconceptions 01
Author: Ceindreadh
Email: Ceindreadh@eircom.net
Permission to archive: Yes to WWOMB, anybody else, please ask first.
Genre (general, hetero or slash) : Slash, M-PREG, Angst/hurt-comfort
Pairing/Characters: Gibbs/DiNozzo, McGee/Jimmy
Warnings: THIS IS AN M-PREG FIC. If you don't like M-Preg then don't read it. If you read it anyway, then don't go complaining to me that you don't like it *because* it's M-Preg
Later chapters *will* feature minor character death, just so you know.
Disclaimer. I don't own the NCIS characters, I'm only borrowing them, and I promise to return them in minty fresh condition when I'm finished.
Notes: Thanks to FatCat for her Beta'ing
I was going to go into this whole pseudo-scientific explanation as to how M-Preg works in this universe, but then I thought, Feck it. It works, and that's it.

Misconceptions

-----------------------------

Abby was bent over her microscope examining a bullet for McGee when Jimmy showed up with an evidence bag from Ducky.

"You know, you must have an inbuilt radar system or something," commented Abby as she adjusted the focus. "McGee got here just five minutes ago!"

"Pure coincidence, Abby" said McGee, grinning as Jimmy squeezed his hand. "It's not as if we *planned* a rendezvous in your lab."

Abby glanced up at Jimmy, "Well it looks like you've been doing plenty of 'rendezvousing' already, Jimmy looks exhausted. You're wearing him out!" She bent back over her microscope.

McGee looked at his lover. Truth was, Jimmy *did* appear a little tired...but to him, he looked beautiful. "Actually," said McGee. "I think he looks *glowing*..."
He ignored the quick frown that Jimmy shot at him, and started counting silently to himself, reaching ten, before Abby's head jerked up, a look of surprise on her face.

"Oh my God, oh my God, are you saying what I think you're saying?" she asked, delightedly.

McGee nodded and squeezed Jimmy's hand. "Doctor Wu confirmed it last week...we're having a baby!"

Abby jumped up from her seat and started towards the pair. She hesitated momentarily, as if deciding which one to hug first and then compromised on hugging both. "This is just so amazing! How far along are you? Is it a boy or a girl?"

"Calm down Abby," said McGee, unable to keep the smile off his face. "It's early days yet."

"I'm only four weeks along," said Jimmy. "We were *going* to keep it quiet for another few months...just in case, but big mouth here had other ideas." He slapped McGee gently on the arm.

"I don't usually hear you complaining about the size of my mouth, love," said McGee, "And besides, Abby will keep it secret, won't you Abs?"

Abby pouted, "But it's such good news, I hate not being able to tell people good news."

"Abby!" said McGee, a warning note in his voice. "Please, we don't want to make a big fuss about it...not yet anyway."

"Please Abby," added Jimmy, "Just keep it quiet for another few weeks."

"Oh all right," said Abby. She hugged the guys again. "But this is just soooo awesome!"

"I know," said Jimmy, a happy smile on his face.

"Me too," said McGee, wrapping his arms around Jimmy and kissing him.

"Guys, guys, you know that normally I would have zero problem with you two making out in front of me, but there's a time and a place for everything. And my lab when Gibbs is expecting *you*..." she jabbed McGee in the side, "...upstairs with my ballistics report, is *not* the right time!"

McGee sighed, "Okay, okay." He gave Jimmy a quick peck on the cheek and then let him go. "I'll see you at lunch, okay love?"

"I'll be waiting..."

Jimmy waited until McGee had left the room with the report before adding, "Not sure if I'll be eating much though." He rubbed his stomach and grimaced slightly. "Dry toast and crackers is about all I can manage..."

"Morning sickness?" asked Abby, sympathetically.

"Just a little. Luckily it's been mostly in the mornings so I haven't had to say anything to Ducky yet. I just know that once he finds out, he'll have me sitting in the morgue all day and I'll never get out into the field."

Abby rubbed Jimmy's arm, "You know he only does it because he cares...we all do."

"I know."

"So apart from the morning sickness, how *are* you?"

Jimmy smiled, "I've never felt better!".

----------------------

Several hours earlier and miles away, Tony could not be said to be feeling the same way. He was on his knees in front of his toilet, rapidly losing what little breakfast he'd managed to force down.

Tony finished vomiting and pushed himself away from the toilet, his eyes closed as he sat back against the wall. "This is not happening," he told himself as he tried to think of an alternative explanation for his symptoms. Normally he only felt this sick during a hangover, or if he'd eaten something a bit iffy the night before...but he'd been throwing up every morning this week...and he hadn't been drinking for ages. All the signs pointed to one thing. "I can't be pregnant," Tony told himself.

Even though Tony had paid more attention to the female students in his biology class than he had to his teacher, he knew that it was entirely possible that he *was* pregnant. Standing up, he looked at himself sideways in the mirror. There were no visible signs of swelling in his stomach, but Tony knew it could only be a matter of time. He gently stroked his stomach, imagining how it would feel, swelling with his son or daughter.

A banging on the door interrupted his thoughts.

"DiNozzo! Get your ass in gear, we're going to be late."

Tony jumped as Gibbs's voice brought him back to reality, and his heart sank. He'd only been involved with Gibbs for a little over a month...how was he going to explain to him that he was having somebody else's baby.

----------------------------

To be continued
Chapter End Notes:
I wrote a fic called Reality Check, which featured an M-Preg dream. Feedback was so positive that I decided to do the real thing.