- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and McGee have survived their surgeries, but they're not out of the woods just yet.
Title: Misconceptions 18/?
Author: Ceindreadh
Email: Ceindreadh@eircom.net
Genre (general, hetero or slash) : Slash, M-PREG, Angst/hurt-comfort
Pairing/Characters: Gibbs/DiNozzo, McGee/Jimmy
Rating: T
Warnings: THIS IS AN M-PREG FIC. If you don't like M-Preg then don't read it. If you read it anyway, then don't go complaining to me that you don't like it *because* it's M-Preg
Later chapters *will* feature minor character death, just so you know.
Disclaimer. I don't own the NCIS characters, I'm only borrowing them, and I promise to return them in minty fresh condition when I'm finished.
Notes: Thanks to FatCat for her Beta'ing
I was going to go into this whole pseudo-scientific explanation as to how M-Preg works in this universe, but then I thought, Feck it. It works, and that's it.

Previously on NCIS. McGee and Gibbs were both injured following an explosion. Their pregnant partners - Jimmy and Tony - waited anxiously for news as they were operated on. Finally Ducky was able to bring them some good news.



--------------------------

[18]

Jimmy rolled over in the bed and stretched lazily like a well-fed cat. "You are *not* going to believe the dream I just had, Tim," he said, a smile on his face as he felt around for his lover. The smile faded as he realized he was alone in the bed. Opening his eyes, Jimmy looked around him in confusion. This wasn't his bedroom...this wasn't his bed... The memory hit him like a ton of bricks as he realized that it hadn't been a dream...that Tim was really in hospital.

Jimmy had sat by McGee's side in the I.C.U. The doctors had told him that the surgery had gone well, but they wouldn't know until Tim regained consciousness, if they'd managed to stop the bleeding in time and prevent paralysis. All Jimmy could focus on was that Tim was alive...whatever his condition turned out to be, he was still alive. In the meantime however, McGee was lying there on the bed, a tube down his throat, and I.V. lines and drainage lines and Jimmy didn't know what else attached to him. He was almost afraid to hold McGee's hand, for fear of hurting him, and all too soon Ducky arrived to usher him out to the corridor.

Ducky had unashamedly played the guilt card, telling Jimmy that McGee was unlikely to regain consciousness before the morning. "How do you think Timothy will feel, waking up to find that you've been neglecting yourself, putting your health and that of your child at risk by not resting properly."

"And as for you, Anthony," Ducky had continued.

"Don't try to play the guilt card on me Ducky," warned Tony. "If...*when* Gibbs comes out of this, I'm not gonna care how pissed he is at me." He stood there, arms folded, eyeing Ducky defiantly.

"I completely understand, Tony," said Ducky, just before reaching up and swatting him on the back of the head.

"Yeouch, Ducky!" yelped Tony.

"I'm sorry Tony, but until Gibbs is in a position to resume his duties, I've appointed myself to keep swatting sense into you, as and when required. This situation is *not* debatable. I've spoken to the head nurse, and you will not be allowed back into the I.C.U. until I - as your medical advisor - confirm that you are both rested and fit and healthy, and not likely to expose the patients to anything."

"Ducky!" Both men protested this time, but to no avail. Ducky stood firm, and even if both Jimmy and Tony hadn't been exhausted both physically and emotionally, they wouldn't have been a match for him.

Jimmy remembered them all piling into a car, and Tony grumbling loudly about the lack of legroom in Ducky's new vehicle. He remembered Ducky threatening to leave Tony on the side of the road if he didn't stop complaining. And he remembered that just after that was when Tony started in with the 'Are we there yets'.

Once at the Mallard house, Ducky had insisted that both Jimmy and Tony have some warm milk, before shooing them both off to bed. The last thing Jimmy remembered was Tony declining Ducky's offer of a pair of pajama bottoms. "No offence Ducky, but the last thing I borrowed from you didn't exactly fit too well."

---------------

Jimmy sat up in the bed just as the door opened.

"Ah you're awake," said Ducky, as he came in pushing a small trolley. "Capital."

"Ducky!" said Jimmy, "The hospital...Tim...is...is there any news?"

"I've already phoned Bethesda this morning. Timothy spent a comfortable night," said Ducky. "I'll drive you both back there just as soon you've had something to eat."

Jimmy looked around the room and saw Tony curled up on the other bed.
Ducky moved over to him and shook him gently, "Anthony, it's time to wake up."

"Go 'way, Ducky," mumbled Tony, "Just five more minutes." He pulled the bedclothes around him, and then tensed as he remembered where he was and why. "Gibbs!" Tony flung back the covers and scrambled clumsily out of the bed, "Ducky, is there any news?" He could see both Ducky and Jimmy staring at him, "What? What's going on? How's Gibbs?"

Ducky cleared his throat, "I'll update you on Gibbs's condition...but perhaps you might like to cover yourself up first?"

Tony looked down and realized he was naked. "Ooops, sorry guys," he said as he hurriedly sat back on the bed, pulling the covers over him.

"Now," said Ducky, "As I said, I phoned the hospital earlier. Gibbs is being weaned off the anesthesia as we speak. The doctors expect him to regain consciousness in a few hours." He turned back to Jimmy, "And Timothy's condition is improving as well. He was extubated during and the night, and even woke up briefly later on; just long enough to ask the nurse on duty was it time to get up yet. Sensibly enough, she replied that he didn't have to get up just yet, and he went back to sleep."

"I should have been there for him," said Jimmy, his voice racked with guilt.

"You are the last person he needed to see there," said Ducky, firmly. "If you'd been there, Timothy would have been worried about you and would have felt obligated to try and stay awake. He needed rest, and so did you, and you as well Tony."

Tony stretched and yawned, "I think you're right Ducky. Never thought I'd get to sleep though, but I was out like a light once I hit the pillow."

"Me too," said Jimmy.

"Ah yes," said Ducky, unashamedly. "That would probably be down to the warm milk...and the shot of whiskey I added to it."

"Ducky!" said Jimmy, in horror, "Alcohol?" he rubbed his stomach protectively.

"Yeah Ducky," said Tony. "I thought that was a no-no in our condition."

"Regular and excessive consumption of alcohol is most definitely contra-indicated during pregnancy, however, at your advanced state, in my medical opinion, the stress of a sleepless night would have been far more detrimental to you both. Now, I've prepared breakfast for both of you, and nobody is leaving this house until they've eaten. And I've hidden your clothing to make sure you don't sneak out while my back is turned."

Tony and Jimmy exchanged glances before Tony said with a grin, "What if I just stroll out of here buck naked?" He winked at Jimmy.

"You wouldn't," said Ducky.

"Oh wouldn't I?"

"No Tony," said Ducky, firmly, looking him square in the eye, "You wouldn't. Now, eat!"

-----------------------

To be continued
Chapter End Notes:
I wrote a fic called Reality Check, which featured an M-Preg dream. Feedback was so positive that I decided to do the real thing.