- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jimmy is pregnant with McGee's baby, and they're both delighted. Tony is pregnant also, but not so happy.
Title: Misconceptions 02
Author: Ceindreadh
Email: Ceindreadh@eircom.net
Website: n/a
Permission to archive: Yes to WWOMB, anybody else, please ask first.
Fandom(s): NCIS
Genre (general, hetero or slash) : Slash, M-PREG, Angst/hurt-comfort
Pairing/Characters: Gibbs/DiNozzo, McGee/Jimmy
Rating: T
Warnings: THIS IS AN M-PREG FIC. If you don't like M-Preg then don't read it. If you read it anyway, then don't go complaining to me that you don't like it *because* it's M-Preg
Later chapters *will* feature minor character death, just so you know.
Disclaimer. I don't own the NCIS characters, I'm only borrowing them, and I promise to return them in minty fresh condition when I'm finished.
Notes: Thanks to FatCat for her Beta'ing
I was going to go into this whole pseudo-scientific explanation as to how M-Preg works in this universe, but then I thought, Feck it. It works, and that's it.

Previously on NCIS. Jimmy was four weeks pregnant with McGee's baby, and both of them were happy. So far, Abby was the only person they'd told and she'd been sworn to secrecy.
Tony also was pregnant, but he was far from happy, as he'd only been involved with Gibbs for a month, and he knew it couldn't be Gibbs's baby.

------------------
Tony jumped as Gibbs's voice brought him back to reality, and his heart sank. He'd only been involved with Gibbs for a little over a month...how was he going to explain to him that he was having somebody else's baby.

-------------------
Misconceptions
[02]

Jimmy splashed some water on his face and wondered just how long he was going to get away with concealing his pregnancy. As he'd told Abby last week, he knew that once he told Doctor Mallard, that his boss would certainly wish him to curtail his activities in Autopsy. At the very least, he'd probably insist that Jimmy not accompany him in the field.
If truth be told, thought Jimmy as he patted his face dry, Tim would probably be in agreement with Doctor Mallard. It had taken a lot of convincing for him to agree that there was really no reason for Jimmy to take medical leave.
"I'm pregnant, not sick," Jimmy had protested. "What do you want me to do all day, sit at home and knit booties?"
He knew that it was out of love that Tim worried, and he *did* love him for it. But Jimmy had no intention of giving up his job...not for several more months at least. Doctor Wu had told him that so long as he didn't strain himself with any heavy lifting, then there was no reason for him *not* to continue working. "When you get closer to term, you probably won't want to be on your feet too much anyway, but for now just make sure you get plenty of rest when you need it."

So for now Jimmy was being careful, making sure he wasn't in the room when the x-ray machine was in use, wearing sensible shoes to crime scenes...and trying not to sneak off to the head *too* often. He was about to leave, when he heard a noise coming from one of the cubicles, as if something had slammed into the door.
"Uh, hello? Are...are you okay?"

"Go away."

Jimmy blinked, "Tony? Is that you?"

Inside the cubicle Tony looked at the M-Preg test he was holding in his hand. Two blue lines...he read the instructions again, just to make sure he wasn't mistaken. But there was no mistake. He'd had the test in his backpack for over a week now, trying to summon up the nerve to use it, wishing with all his hear t that it was just a false alarm, that it was a phantom pregnancy...hell, he even wished he'd had Y-Pestis again or something, anything but this. But then the blue lines had appeared and his life as he knew was over and in desperation he'd slammed his fist into the wall of the cubicle. The sound of Jimmy's voice had startled him and he let the test fall.

Glancing down, Tony saw that the test had fallen half under the door. He cursed under his breath as he reached down for it, intending to grab it before Jimmy could notice. But even as his fingers touched it, he saw it pulled away from him. "No!" yelped Tony, unbolting the door. "Give that back!"

Jimmy looked at the test, a look of awe on his face, "Tony! Is this yours?"

"Don't see anybody else in here, you autopsy gremlin," snapped Tony as he snatched the test away.

"You're pregnant! That...that's wonderful! Congratulations Tony," said Jimmy. "Wow, I bet Gibbs is gonna be thrilled..." His voice trailed off as he saw the expression on Tony's face. "What's wrong?"

The noise of the outer door startled them both, and Tony just had time to shove the incriminating test back in his pocket before another agent walked in. He looked curiously at the pair, acknowledging Tony with a nod before stepping up to the urinals. Tony grabbed Jimmy by the arm and hustled him outside.
"I don't want to talk about it," he said, "Not here...not now..." Not ever, if he was being honest.

"It's pretty quiet down in Autopsy," said Jimmy. "Doctor Mallard is going to a seminar this evening...he said he'd be leaving early unless a new body came in. Please Tony, you...you look like you need to talk about it."

Tony bit his lip but agreed. Truth be told, Jimmy was right. The last few weeks he'd been bottling his fears up inside of him, afraid to tell Gibbs, and hoping that if he ignored things long enough it'd go away.

-------------------------

Tony sat on the edge of an autopsy table, swinging his legs. Gibbs had been called into a meeting with the Director, so it had been an easy matter for Tony to disappear down to Autopsy. McGee and Ziva had been typing up reports and besides, as senior field agent, he didn't have to report to *them*.

"So," said Jimmy, "Why aren't you happy about being pregnant, I know I am..." He clamped his mouth shut, mentally berating himself for letting it slip.

Tony looked up, "You're what?" A sad smile formed on his lips. "I guess congratulations are in order." Leaning back, he sighed heavily, "No wonder McGee's been looking like the cat that got the cream for ages now."

"I'm sure that Gibbs will be just as happy to be a father," said Jimmy, carefully.

Tony shook his head, "I'm sure he would, kid...the only problem is...it's not his baby." Tony looked up to see a look of shock on Jimmy's face. "Don't look at me like that! I didn't cheat on him if that's what you're thinking...but Gibbs can't have kids...he told me so himself...and I haven't been with anybody else since we hooked up." He swallowed hard, "I guess...I guess I must have been knocked up already and just didn't realize it." He groaned, "I can't tell him I'm having a kid for someone else, I just *can't*."

Jimmy patted him awkwardly on the shoulder, "So what are you going to do? I mean, you're what..." he thought back to when Tony and Gibbs had started seeing each other, "...at least eight weeks along? You won't be able to hide it from him for much longer."

"More like ten by my count," said Tony, "I uh, had a bit of a dry spell before Gibbs...but I...I don't plan on having to hide it...because I'm gonna make sure there's nothing to hide." He bowed his head.

"But how...oh...I see," said Jimmy, as the realization hit him.

"Yeah," said Tony. "As soon...as soon as I find a doc to see to it..." He swallowed hard. "Look Jimmy, thanks for listening and all, but I really have to get this sorted out myself." He jumped down off the table. "I'll find a doc and get it seen to...and...and then I can get on with my life." He didn't sound quite convinced, but Tony couldn't see any other option open to him if he wanted to keep his relationship with Gibbs.

"You shouldn't have to do this alone," Jimmy hesitated only briefly before continuing, "I...I'll give you the number for my OB...she'll be able to see you. And...and if you need somebody with you," he swallowed hard. "I'll be there."

---------------------------

True to his word, Jimmy accompanied Tony on his visit to the OB. He felt somewhat guilty at having to lie to Tim, saying he was going to the dentist for a checkup, but he reassured himself that it was for a good cause. At the back of his mind he was still hoping that he could convince Tony to change his mind and tell Gibbs what was happening. But for now, Tony was his friend and if he needed his support, he was going to get it.

"Okay Tony," said Doctor Wu as she completed her case history. "Pop up on the couch and I'll just do a quick ultrasound to confirm how far along you are."

Normally Tony would have had plenty to say to any pretty woman who ordered him to lie down, but he just wasn't in a flirting mood. He lay back and pulled up his top, tensing slightly as the cold gel was applied to his belly. He could hear the swishing noise coming from the ultrasound monitor and resolutely turned his head away, not wanting to see anything that might make him change his mind.

"Hmm," said Doctor Wu.

"Is something wrong?" asked Jimmy, concern in his voice as he moved over to stand by Tony's side.

"No, no, there's nothing wrong." Doctor Wu moved the ultrasound probe around. "Tony, you said that you were at least ten weeks pregnant?"

"Yeah, that sounds about right." Tony did a quick mental calculation. He'd hooked up with Gibbs six weeks earlier, there'd been that dry spell that he'd told Jimmy about, so the last non-Gibbs sexual encounter he'd had, had been, "Nine or ten weeks, maybe more."

Doctor Wu shook her head, "Well not according to the size of the fetus."

"You mean I'm further along?" There was a note of panic in Tony's voice as he realized that he might have left things too late.

"No. From the size of the fetus, I'd estimate that conception occurred no more than...five weeks ago."

------------------------------

To be continued
Chapter End Notes:
I wrote a fic called Reality Check, which featured an M-Preg dream. Feedback was so positive that I decided to do the real thing.