- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs has plans for himself and Tony.
Title: Misconceptions 21/?
Author: Ceindreadh
Email: Ceindreadh@eircom.net
Website: n/a
Permission to archive: Yes to WWOMB, anybody else, please ask first.
Fandom(s): NCIS
Genre (general, hetero or slash) : Slash, M-PREG, Angst/hurt-comfort
Pairing/Characters: Gibbs/DiNozzo, McGee/Jimmy
Rating: T
Warnings: THIS IS AN M-PREG FIC. If you don't like M-Preg then don't read it. If you read it anyway, then don't go complaining to me that you don't like it *because* it's M-Preg
Tissues may be required for this part

Disclaimer. I don't own the NCIS characters, I'm only borrowing them, and I promise to return them in minty fresh condition when I'm finished.
Notes: Thanks to FatCat for her Beta'ing
I was going to go into this whole pseudo-scientific explanation as to how M-Preg works in this universe, but then I thought, Feck it. It works, and that's it.


Previously on NCIS - Gibbs and McGee were discharged from hospital and together with Tony and Jimmy, moved into Ducky's house for a period of convalescence. A new cold case team consisting of Tony and Jimmy had been set up at NCIS.



-------------------------

[21]

"Jethro, are you sure about this?" Ducky asked as Gibbs carried a bag out to the car.

"I know what I'm doing Ducky," said Gibbs, dropping the bag in the trunk. "I appreciate all you've done for Tony and me over the last few weeks, but it's time for things to get back to normal. I'm cleared for work..."

"Desk duty only," Ducky pointed out.

"Whatever." Gibbs slammed the trunk shut. "I haven't had a dizzy spell in almost a week. I know I'm not one hundred percent...yet. But it's time I was back in my own place. I don't want to overstay my welcome."

"You know you'd never do that, Jethro." Ducky smiled fondly at him. "It's been more than a pleasure to have company these past few weeks."

"Thanks Ducky, but it is time for me and Tony to go home. There's still some stuff...stuff we have to deal with before the baby comes, and no offence, but I'd rather do it without an audience." He nodded towards the front door where Tony was busy giving McGee such a big hug that he almost knocked him off his crutches.

"Tony!" protested McGee, "I'll see you at work on Monday!"

"I know, but I'll miss you guys!" Tony let go of McGee and then hugged Jimmy as best he could with their bumps in the way. He let go finally and headed towards the car, stopping to bid farewell to Ducky on the way.

"Look after them, Ducky," said Tony as he accepted a hug from the older man.

"Of course, Tony," said Ducky. "And you look after yourself...and Jethro of course!"

"DiNozzo!" growled Gibbs, "Get your ass in the car now, or I'm leaving without you!"

"Not without these you won't!" retorted Tony, waving the car keys at him. "Remember, the doc said no driving for another few weeks." He added in an aside to Ducky, "Probably just as well, cause I don't think I'll fit behind the wheel in another week or two!"

"DiNozzo!"

----------------------

Ducky watched as they drove off, and then turned back towards the house. "So," he said to Jimmy and McGee, "I suppose you two will be the next to flee the nest?"

The two exchanged glances. McGee was the first to speak, "Well actually Ducky...since I'm going to be on crutches for another few weeks..."

"We were wondering," said Jimmy.

"If you wouldn't mind that is," added McGee.

"Putting up with us for a little longer..."

"My dear boys," said Ducky, smiling warmly. "You are both welcome to stay as long as you need to. There's plenty of room in this place for three...and four if you want to stay after your child is born."

"You really mean it?" Jimmy's eyes were wide with wonder. "I mean, we weren't trying to hint at that..."

"And we don't want to impose, really."

"It would be no imposition. I've gotten used to the company this past few weeks, and I would love to have you stay."

--------------------------------

"So...what was so important that you just had to get home, mmm?" asked Tony as he curled up on the bed beside Gibbs. "I mean, apart from getting a bit of privacy."

They'd spent a lazy afternoon making out and other things, on Gibbs's bed like a couple of horny teenagers, before falling asleep in each other's arms. Even though they'd had a room to themselves at Ducky's house, they had always been conscious of the fact that there were other people under the same roof, and it had cramped their style somewhat. Not that they could get up to much, what with Tony's pregnancy bump and Gibbs still not back to his full fitness. But with a little imagination and creativity they'd still managed to have some fun.

"Come with me," said Gibbs, sitting up and pulling Tony's hand.

"Do I have to?"

A pair of sweatpants in the face was the only reply he got, so Tony pushed himself off the bed and pulled them on, together with a t-shirt and some shoes. Gibbs dressed quickly as well, and led Tony downstairs to the hall, and then to the basement door.

"I thought I wasn't allowed down there?" said Tony, as Gibbs opened the door. "In case I fell on the stairs or something."

"I just want to show you something," said Gibbs.

Tony shrugged and followed him down the steps.

"Sit here," said Gibbs, indicating a bench near the end of the boat.

Tony sat down astride it facing the boat, and Gibbs sat down behind him.

"It's time you learned how to work with wood," said Gibbs, picking up a plane.

Tony grinned as he leaned back against Gibbs. "I think I'm pretty familiar with working with 'wood'!"

Gibbs kissed him on the back of the neck. "You need to have a feel for the wood..." He took Tony's hands and placed them on the plane, guiding it along the side of the boat. "Feel that?"

"Yeah," said Tony. "Nice..."

"That's it," said Gibbs, taking his hands away. "Not too hard, you don't want to take off too many layers."
He let Tony do a few more strokes before taking the plane away from him.
"Tony..."

"Yeah Gibbs?" said Tony, lazily. He wasn't sure why Gibbs had gotten it into his head to bring him down here, but right now, with Gibbs chest pressed into his back, and his arms snugly around him, he didn't really care.

"I used to bring Kelly down here...taught her a little about building a boat."

"You know," said Tony, "Some people might say it's not exactly appropriate to be mentioning former girlfriends in a situation like this." He clasped Gibbs's hands in his.

"Kelly wasn't a girlfriend...she was my daughter..."

"What...what are you saying Gibbs?" Tony tried to pull away but Gibbs held him firm. "You...you have a kid already?" His heart was pounding a mile a minute, unable to believe or understand what Gibbs was saying.

Gibbs rested his head on Tony's shoulder. "I *had* a daughter..." He sighed heavily. "Her name was Kelly...and she was beautiful. Shannon nearly died while having her, that's why we couldn't take the chance on having a second child, but Kelly was we ever wanted...all we needed. And then one day..." Tears were pricking at Gibbs eyes, but he knew he had to continue. He needed to be honest with Tony, about everything...to lay all his cards on the table and let Tony decide their future. "She was six years old...just a baby...she hadn't even begun to live...and some bastard of a terrorist decided he didn't like what N.C.I.S. was doing to his cell...what *I* was doing...so he took a sniper rifle and he..." Tears were flowing freely now. "He targeted my wife and child...Kelly died...Shannon barely survived...and there wasn't a think I could do to stop it..." Gibbs took a deep gulping breath to get his emotions under control. "I couldn't stop him...I couldn't save Kelly...the best damn thing that had happened in my life, and I couldn't protect her. Tony, I'm scared that someday another bastard with a grudge will come looking for me and you and our child will get in the way. And I wouldn't blame you if you're not prepared to take that risk. If you want to walk out that door and out of the line of fire...I won't stop you...I just...I just wanted you to know the truth...the whole truth..."

"Oh God...Gibbs..." Tony maneuvered himself around on the bench until he was able to put his arms around him. "I'm so sorry...I didn't know..."

"You had no way of knowing...I should have told you before...I was afraid you'd blame me..."

Tony clasped Gibbs's face in his hands, "How can you even think that? What happened to Kelly...that was *not* your fault."

"Yes it was," said Gibbs, pulling away from Tony. "And it could happen again. I've made a lot of enemies over the years, but it was Shannon and Kelly that paid the price...and I don't want to see it happen again. I don't want to lose another family because I'm walking round with a target on my back."

"You're not the only one in this family who could be a target," said Tony. "You think Chip was the only freak out there with a grudge against me? The world is full of people who'd like to hurt us." He pulled Gibbs back into his arm and kissed him gently on the lips before saying, "But the two of us together...maybe between us we can make this world a little safer...for us...for our child..."

Gibbs hugged him close, "I should have told you before, I just kept putting it off. I was afraid that once you knew the risks...I thought you'd want to get as far away from me as possible, and I didn't want to lose you. But you deserve to know the truth...and if you wanted to leave...I can't say I'd blame you..."

"I am *not* leaving you..." Tony held on to Gibbs as though he'd never let him go. "I love you Gibbs...you, me, the baby. We're a family...and family's stick together...I may not have had the best example growing up, but I know what a family should be..." He could feel Gibbs relaxing against him, and for a few minutes they sat there in silent comfort.

Gibbs was the first to move, pulling slightly away from Tony and reaching into his pocket. "Well if you're sure you're not going anywhere...then maybe you'll be needing this..." He pressed something into Tony's hand.

Tony looked down to see a small, finely carved, wooden ring. Wordlessly he looked up at Gibbs in puzzlement.

"It may not fit...I can pare it down a bit if it's too small."

"I don't understand...what are you saying?"

"I'm saying...I'm *asking*...Tony, will you marry me?"

"I...I...I don't know what to say?" Tony looked at the ring and then at Gibbs.

"You don't have to make a decision now," said Gibbs, "Just...just think about it okay?"

Tony shook his head, "I don't need to think about it." He flung his arms around Gibbs and kissed him soundly on the lips, not holding back this time, "Yes, damnit, yes!"

It was some time later, and back in the bedroom, before either man was in the mood for more talking.

Gibbs sat up against the headboard, Tony's head resting in his lap as he stroked his lover's hair.

"So," said Tony, idly as he played with his new ring. "When did you plan on tying the knot?"

"It's a five day waiting period in this district," said Gibbs. "I figure I get the paperwork sorted on Monday, find a judge...we could be married by the end of the week." He paused before continuing, "If you're okay with a small wedding. I mean, we can always wait till Junior's safely docked and take our time in planning it."

Tony looked up at Gibbs, "You'd rather it was soon and simple, hmm?"

Gibbs shrugged, "I did the whole white wedding bash with Shannon. Her choice, not mine. We spent the first two years of married life just paying the damn thing off. Diane wanted a big do as well. I've been there, done that...but I'll do it all again with you if you want."

Tony shook his head, "Nah, so long as it's you and me...we don't need anything else. It's not as if my folks would be showing up anyway. And in my condition...don't think a 'white' wedding would be all that appropriate!" He rubbed his belly and grinned. "So, you, me...what else...a best man or two? Dib's on McGee. Who do you want?"

"I'm sure Ducky won't mind doing it again. Although he'd better remember the rings this time!"

"He'll probably give you a nice long story about the origin of wedding rings and stuff before he hands them over." Tony grinned evilly. "I just thought of one advantage to getting hitched before I give birth."

"And what's that?"

"We'll only have *one* bastard in the family!" Tony laughed as Gibbs swatted him gently on the head. "Okay then, you sort out the paperwork...I'll sort out the tuxes. Speaking of rings, is this a wedding or an engagement ring?"

"Either...both...we can get pick up some gold bands if you think they'd be more comfortable. I just wanted to have something to give you..."

"Cool!" Tony tried to slide the ring onto his finger but it was just a little snug. "Drat..."

"It's okay, I can pare it down. Of course your fingers would be a little less pudgy if you didn't eat so many of Abby's doughnuts!"

Tony gasped in surprise, "How did you know?"

Gibbs grinned as he stroked Tony's face, "Because every time you came back from a visit to Abby...you always tasted like sugar!"

--------------------------

To be continued
Chapter End Notes:
I wrote a fic called Reality Check, which featured an M-Preg dream. Feedback was so positive that I decided to do the real thing.