- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanksgiving at Ducky's house, but of course things don't go exactly as planned.
Title: Misconceptions 26/?
Author: Ceindreadh
Email: Ceindreadh@eircom.net
Website: n/a
Permission to archive: Yes to WWOMB, anybody else, please ask first.
Fandom(s): NCIS
Genre (general, hetero or slash) : Slash, M-PREG, Angst/hurt-comfort
Pairing/Characters: Gibbs/DiNozzo, McGee/Jimmy
Rating: T
Warnings: THIS IS AN M-PREG FIC. If you don't like M-Preg then don't read it. If you read it anyway, then don't go complaining to me that you don't like it *because* it's M-Preg

Disclaimer. I don't own the NCIS characters, I'm only borrowing them, and I promise to return them in minty fresh condition when I'm finished.
Notes: Thanks to FatCat for her Beta'ing
I was going to go into this whole pseudo-scientific explanation as to how M-Preg works in this universe, but then I thought, Feck it. It works, and that's it.



"Um...I wouldn't be too sure about that," said Jimmy. His face paled as everybody looked at him. "I...I think my waters just broke!"

-----------------------

[26]

That was the cue for everybody to start talking at once.

McGee was anxiously questioning Jimmy as to whether he had any pains or other signs that his labor had started. Jimmy was trying to reassure him that he'd only a few minor cramps and nothing worth noticing. Gibbs was yelling at Abby, angry that she'd been making bets on people's lives, his people especially. Abby was trying to defend herself, claiming that it was only a bit of fun. Ziva was wanting to know how it was possible for water to break. Ducky was trying to calm everybody down, and Tony...Tony was trying to retrieve his dessert while Gibbs was still distracted.

But just as Tony finally got his hands on the dessert bowl, he yelped more in surprise than in pain as another cramp, worse than the previous one, hit him.

Tony's yelp cut through the noise somehow. Gibbs immediately turned his attention back to him, taking him by the hand and murmuring reassuringly until the pain died away.

"Hospital," said Gibbs, when Tony's grip on him finally relaxed.

"Hospital," agreed Tony, as he caught his breath.

"I think we'll be joining you," said McGee as he helped Jimmy to stand.

"Just as soon as I get changed," said Jimmy, a slight flush tinting his cheeks.

"We don't have time for that," said McGee. "We need to get you to the hospital *now*!"

"Do you want me to catch a chill?" Jimmy gave McGee a peck on the cheek before turning to Ducky, "I'm really sorry about the chair, Ducky. "

"It's quite all right, my dear boy," said Ducky, a smile on his face. "Accidents will happen."

"My bag," said Jimmy. "It's in the hallway."

"I'll get it," said Abby, glad to have the opportunity to escape from Gibbs's glare. She didn't know what he was all fussed about. It wasn't as if she'd been planning on cheating to win the bet...not *this* time anyway. Although she had been planning on dropping a few discreet hints to Jimmy about natural methods of encouraging labor. She was sure he wouldn't have objected to being told that sex was quite a useful thing to try.

"Do I have a bag?" Tony asked Gibbs.

Gibbs petted the back of his head; "It's been sitting in the trunk of the car for the last month, you bonehead! Didn't you notice?"

"We'll just be five minutes," said Jimmy, as he and McGee moved away from the table. It was hard to tell which of them was leaning more on the other, but between them they managed.

Abby nearly ploughed straight into them as she came running back in, a backpack in her hand. "Ooops, sorry guys," she said. "Is this the right one?"

Jimmy nodded, then sucked in his breath sharply and clutched McGee a little tighter. "I think we'd better hurry up," he said, when he finally caught his breath.

"Abby," said Gibbs, reaching for his keys. "Put Jimmy's bag in the car and start it up. I want the car all warmed up when we leave."

"Okay, bossman," said Abby, snapping off a salute. "But we won't all fit in it, will we?"

Gibbs looked at her in surprise.

Abby's smile faltered, "You weren't gonna leave us behind, were you Gibbs?"

"Abby..." Gibbs started to speak, but Ducky waved him into silence.

"Abigail my dear, I think we should let Gibbs and Timothy take Tony and Jimmy to the hospital to be checked over. It's possible that for Tony at least, this may just be another false alarm."

"But Jimmy's definitely gonna be having his baby and..."

Ducky continued as if Abby hadn't said anything, "And in any event, for a primipara...a first time delivery," he added, before Abby could say anything, "It's likely to be several hours at least before anything happens. Do you really want to spend time in a waiting room again?"

"But..." Abby's voice trailed off, "I guess not," she said a little gloomily.

Ducky gave her a hug, "You and Ziva can help me tidy up here. Jethro and Timothy will keep us updated." He looked at Gibbs, "You *will* keep us informed."

"I'll make sure he does," said Tony, grimacing slightly as Gibbs helped him to his feet and over to the door. As he passed by Abby he gave her a hug, "Don't worry Abs, it could be worse."

"How?"

"At least I don't have to help with the dishes!"

-------------------

"Hurry up," said McGee, as he watched Jimmy carefully remove his clothing. "Please Jimmy, we need to get you to the hospital."

"Don't fuss, Tim," said Jimmy, calmly as he slid off his trousers. "There's plenty of time." He started to fold the trousers but McGee grabbed them from him and stuffed them into the laundry hamper. "Tim!"

"How can you be so calm?" asked McGee as he started pacing the floor. "You were getting all freaked out earlier...and now look at you." He stopped in front of Jimmy.

Jimmy put his hands on McGee's shoulders. "I can't explain it Tim...I guess...I guess I just feel that now it's all happening...there's nothing I can do to stop it...and I wouldn't want to even if I could. I don't know why, it just feels...feels so *right*..." He grimaced as a spasm hit him. "Of course it's going to hurt like hell before I'm finished..."

McGee put his arms around Jimmy, massaging his back and murmuring reassuringly. "But I'm going to be there with you all the way." He waited until Jimmy's grip loosened on him as the pain died away. "Okay, *now* will you move a bit faster?"

------------------------

With McGee hustling him along, Jimmy managed to make himself presentable, and less than fifteen minutes after his waters had broken, he found himself being strapped into the back seat of Gibbs's car. Tony was strapped in beside him, grumbling loudly about having called 'shotgun' as soon as Gibbs had said they'd all travel together.

"Airbag's," said Gibbs in response. "I don't know what effect on you they'd have if they went off unexpectedly, and I don't want to find out." So he had slipped behind the wheel, McGee hopped into the passenger seat, and Ducky, Ziva and Abby had waved them off.

Gibbs glanced in the mirror as he drove, and smiled as he saw Tony take Jimmy's hand.

"We're gonna be okay, kid," Tony said. It was hard to tell whether he was reassuring himself or Jimmy, but both men definitely seemed a little more relaxed by the contact.

Five minutes down the road however, Tony had groaned loudly, making Gibbs look behind him in alarm, "You having another contraction, DiNozzo?" he'd asked, a worried note in his voice.

"No," said Tony, "I just remembered...I never got to finish my dessert!"

"Tony!"

----------------------------

To be continued
Chapter End Notes:
I wrote a fic called Reality Check, which featured an M-Preg dream. Feedback was so positive that I decided to do the real thing.