- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Sorry this part took so long. I was injured in January and my ability to type was greatly reduced. I am still not up to speed but thought that you all would like the next part even if it is short.
Author's Chapter Notes:
What if Tony and Gibbs had met long before they worked together at the NCIS and had a relationship? What if only one of them knew about there past and had a secret.
Chapter 6: Congratulations it's a (Coffee Drinking) Girl

As Jethro put the journal down on the table he heard his front door opening upstairs, followed by a lot of shuffling and foot steps. He couldn't believe his ears he thought he heard Tony telling someone to wait right there and that he would be right back.

Tony walked down the stairs into the basement and saw Jethro standing next to his worktable with his back to him. Tony took a deep breath before speaking. "Julia is upstairs and she would like to meet you. I would suggest bribing her with a cup of coffee to be nice. She has learned way too much about the whole situation from Mark and unfortunately she inherited other traits from you besides a coffee addiction." Tony said in a level tone of voice trying not to show any emotion.

Jethro turned around slowly and looked at Tony thinking how stupid he had been. How had not known that Tony was Julian, Tony when he wasn't putting on an act, acted just like Julian. He had not grown very much taller than he was as a teenager and his hair was only slightly darker. A lot of things that Tony had said and done since he had hired him in Baltimore made a lot more sense now.

Tony stood there with his heart racing as he faced Jethro down in the basement. Julia had known something was up the minute he had gotten to the hospital after he found out that she was going to be fine. After getting her home he had stopped at Gibb's house to drop off the letter and diary before running to the store and pharmacy. Julia had badgered him for over three hours after getting back from the store before he finally caved in and told her what was wrong. She was shocked to hear that her father finally knew about her and she demanded to go and meet him right away. Tony had not been able to think of any good excuses for why this was a really bad idea that Julia hadn't shoot down with 10 seconds. As they had driven over there Tony had tried to make some justifications for why Jethro had acted like he did sixteen years ago.

Jethro looked at Tony trying to get up the courage to speak and trying to come up with something to say. "I don't know what to say but to say that I am sorry. I… umm…" Jethro started to say before Tony cut him off. "We will have that conversation later if at all. I would suggest going and talking to your daughter before she has anymore time to think. Take coffee with you as it will buy you some lessening of hostility." Tony said quickly trying to control his emotions and heart which was aching to be with Jethro again. A very large portion of him had not changed from that 15 year old boy who woke up to find his fiancé gone who wished with all his heart that this was just some bad dream.

Jethro looked at Tony for another minute then nodded and walked past him to go up stairs. He stopped in the kitchen to get two large mugs of coffee then steeled his nerves and walked out into the living room. There sitting on his couch was a teenage girl with a cast on her arm and her ankle wrapped up in ace bandages. What shocked him the most was when she turned to look at him, he saw his own eyes staring back at him. Tony had told him in the letter that she had his eyes but in person it was unbelievable how much she resembled him but at the same time looked a lot like Julian. Julia raised an eyebrow at him and looked him over as he stood there in shock. He handed her the mug of coffee and then sat down at the other end of the couch and faced her.

"So… you're the bastard that left before I was born and broke mama's heart. My Uncle Mark told me all about you and how you shattered mama and almost destroyed him when he was pregnant with me. Do you have anything to say for yourself?" Julia asked mockingly. Jethro took a deep breath before starting. "First thing is that I never knew that he was pregnant when I left. If I had known I would not have left him or you. Second I left because I though that was the right thing to do. I had no clue how old Julian was when we got involved until we were already engaged. I had thought that he was about eighteen until a picnic at your Uncle's house when some guys from the unit were ragging on me about robbing the cradle. I found out that day that he was fourteen and I was disgusted with myself. Fourteen was too young, still just a child and it was against the law and immoral. I fought my conscious about what to do and I decided it would be best if I left because I knew I could not stay because if I did I would not be able to stay away from him no matter how old he was. I loved him more than anyone I have ever known or been involved with. I honestly thought at the time I was doing the right thing both for him and me."

Julia just looked at him as he finished. She took a sip of coffee and was surprised at the fact that it was strong enough for her. She looked at him intently trying to see if he was telling the truth. "Do you still think that you made the right decision to leave back then?" Julia asked. Hoping that she knew what his answer would be but still scared because she knew her life was going to change one way or another. "No, I don't. I missed out on your life so far and to this day I still have not found anyone that I loved as much as Julian. I should have told him that I knew about his age and talked with him instead of leaving. At the time I though that he had intentionally mislead me about his age but now I know that he did not. That makes a big difference about how I feel about the situation back then. If I had known that then I might not have left." Jethro replied honestly as she deserved.

"Ok, I have just three more major questions for you." Julia told Jethro. "First, do you still love him?" Julia asked quite bluntly. "Yes, I do still love him. I have always thought about him and in the last few years I have felt quite guilty because ‘Tony' reminded me so much of Julian." Jethro told her. Julia looked at him smiling slightly happy with the answer, thinking okay only one more hard question to go. "Second question, do you want to be part of my life? I have been without a father so far and I can live without one but I would like to see what having one is like." Julia asked. Jethro was shocked he though that she would never want him as part of her life. "Yes, I would like to be part of your life." Julia smiled brightly and then got an impish look on her face before asking her final question. "So, what kind of hicks were my grandparents for them to name you Leroy Jethro?" Jethro knew at that moment that there was more of Julian in her then him. "I was born in West Virginia and Leroy was your grandfather's name and Jethro was your great-grandfather's name I was named after them." Jethro told his laughing daughter. Julia grinned and laughed for a few more minutes before telling Jethro. "Show me where the coffee pot is, I need some more and your telephone, then go downstairs. I believe you need to have a discussion with mama that has been waiting sixteen years."
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry this part took so long. I was injured in January and my ability to type was greatly reduced. I am still not up to speed but thought that you all would like the next part even if it is short.