- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
How does their fist night at camp go? Surely they wouldn't care much about who gets the only top bunk beed or who showers when? surly they'll negotiate? right?
The campsite was nice, even Gibbs admitted it at some point. They all had their luggage with them and were awaiting orders from Gibbs. All his agents, his M.E's , their driver Max and Abby were standing in line … waiting.
They were a little concerned. There were only two cabins in sight. A fairly large one (known as cabin 1) and a smaller one (known as cabin 2). The girls were hoping that one would be for them and the guys would be in the other … but Gibbs was keen on privacy.
‘Okay as you are aware … there are only two cabins' Gibbs pointed out.
They all nodded.
‘Okay … here's how it's gonna be. Ducky, Max and I get the small cabin … you lot can have the other one over there' Gibbs pointed to the larger cabin.
Tony grinned. McGee was surprised. Jimmy gulped. Abby and Cate … well they looked at the ground in disappointment and frustration (they had to put up with the boys).
They entered their cabin. It was fairly big. There were six beds. One of those bed was a bunk bed. But only one. Tony and Abby saw it.
‘I want the top bunk' They said at the same time. Realizing it was war … they ran for it. Tony pushed Abby out of the way … she pushed him out of the way and so on.
‘Geez … these two are going to give us hell' Cate sighed.
‘Argh!' Tony yelled as Abby bit him. That small distraction allowed Abby the time she needed to get onto the top bunk.
‘I win!' She yelled.
‘You cheated' Tony said, rubbing his arm.
‘And I won' She shrugged. ‘ McGee, pass me my bags please' Abby didn't want to leave the top bunk until she had her stuff there … just to make sure Tony was aware that it was hers and hers only.
‘Hmph' Tony grumbled.
Abby had the bunk bed, McGee's was next to hers, Cate was on Abby's other side, Tony's was besides Cate's and Jimmy's was next to Tony's. The bed next to Jimmy was empty.



After a few hours (in was now dark), the whole team had sorted out their stuff and were all crowded around a nice and warm campfire. Ducky handed a stick out for everyone and opened several bags of marshmallows for them all to share. Tony put a marshmallow on his stick and put it in the fire. After a few minutes, he pulled it out again.
‘It's burnt' He complained.
‘Here' Cate got another one form the bag and put it on Tony's stick. She gave it to him … perfectly cooked.
‘Ah … thankyou Catie' He smiled at her. Cate frowned.
Abby watched for any signs … nothing.
Jimmy saw Abby's marshmallow was about to burn and he knew how she'd throw it at someone if it burned (that someone would most likely be him). He held onto her hand and moved the stick away from the fire.
‘Wha … oh … thanks Jimmy' She said and ate her marshmallow.
McGee frowned.
‘You know … this lovely location reminds me of someone' Ducky said thoughtfully.
‘Yeah? Who would that be Ducky?' Abby asked interested.
‘Oh … there's an old story about a murderer that lives within a place exactly like this one. He would wait until midnight and then he'd kill off a camper. Only one. There'd be one sign of murder or anything. The bodies were found the same night that another camper will soon disappear on. Quite interesting. People believe it to be a legend because no evidence was ever found. Not even forensic evidence. Ah … well I'm off to bed. If I die at midnight … I want to die in my sleep' Ducky got up.
‘Wait … how did you hear about this? I mean with all your experiences …' Abby asked.
‘Oh … I went camping with an old friend … it was only for one night … I went home alone' Ducky whispered and went back to the cabin (Max was already asleep in there).
Gibbs got up. ‘I'm going to get coffee'
Everyone gulped. All of Ducky's stories were true … they were very worried. They remembered Ducky saying earlier that he'd been here before.
‘Bed' They all said at once and got up. Cate and Abby had to drag Tony away because he was trying to eat the last of the marshmallows'
‘Leave some for tomorrow night. Some on' Abby said fearfully. Tony finally gave in.



In the cabin 1 …

‘Are you done yet?' Tony yelled.
‘No!' Came the girl's replies.
‘Why are we out here Jimmy? Tony's the untrustworthy one' McGee said.
‘Oh … and you two are gonna be perving at Abby? Huh Probie?' Tony grumbled.
Jimmy gulped.
‘Done!' Abby yelled to them. The boys re-entered the cabin.
‘Why is it that you can't trust us?' Tony asked innocently.
‘Because you're male' Cate said.
Abby was wearing black pyjama long sleeved top and long pants that were covered in red stars. Cate was wearing the same outfit but it was black with blue stripes.
‘Woah! Now there's something I never thought I'd ever see Cate wear!' Tony said is surprise. Cate frowned at Abby.
‘What? It's a good complement Cate … it looks good …' Abby tried to defend herself as she was the one who chose the outfit for Cate to wear to camp.
‘So?' McGee asked the girls.
‘So what?' Abby asked and got into her bunk bed.
‘Aren't you two going outside while we shower?' Jimmy asked.
‘What? Are you kidding? We'll freeze!' Abby said loudly as Cate got into bed as well.
The boys all looked at one another. They were very aware that the bathroom door inside the cabin didn't lock and they realized that the girls were planning to have shower first so that they could throw this at them. Tony went to the shower room and peeped in. He called McGee and Jimmy over. He whispered so Cate and Abby couldn't hear him … or so he thought.
‘Okay … there's two showers in there. One has a shower … one stands guard at the door and the other keeps his eyes on the girls … they're up to something and I don't think we want to be caught pant less when they do get us' Tony said.
‘If they get us' McGee said nervously.
‘Oh … they will … so who goes first?' Tony asked.
‘I will' Jimmy offered.
‘Okay … then me … you can go last okay McGee?' Tony asked.
Tim nodded.
‘Okay … let's go' Jimmy said.

While it's been only 20 minutes and it was up to Tony's turn. Jimmy was watching and McGee was guarding. Cate had gone over to Abby's bed to talk.
‘What are we going to do tomorrow? We have to get them' She whispered.
‘Oh … I have an idea. If we can't increase our numbers … decrease theirs' Abby smiled.

After their showers were over. The boys got into bed. Cate and Abby giggled as they watched the boys get into bed (They were only wearing boxers). Cate went to her bed and Tony switched the light off.
‘Don't forget … any sign of murders … scream' Abby said.
Everyone moaned at the memory. They rolled over and tried to get to sleep …
Chapter End Notes:
This ff is probably the one i've enjoyed writing the most. I have been to camp recently and thought it would be funny if ncis went camping. I apolize if the chapters are very long at times :)
Please let me know what you think.