- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Originally written for Challenge 7 “giving something up” for rare_pair. Thanks to lonelywalker for the instant beta:D
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs has to give up control. Angelo is in trouble. Jarod makes a decision.

crossover with The Pretender.
"Who are you?" Gibbs asked the tall, brown eyed man who just walked into his office.
"Special Agent Jarod Morrow, NCIS."


-----------------------

"How is he doing, Syd?" Miss Parker softly asked as she walked in to Angelo's room at the Renewal wing.
Sydney couldn't help but turn to her, knowing that his face was an open book to her right now. "Not much worse than last time you asked me." The psychiatrist replied before he turned his gaze back to the lifeless body of the Empath. Angelo had slipped into a coma, and it had been all Sydney's fault. He pushed him too hard, because he was threatened by his boss, Miss Parker, to push him harder to try and find Jarod. Sydney knew that Angelo would NEVER betray Jarod, "rat him out" was the common slang, he knew Angelo only gave little clues when it came to Jarod. Angelo was a great find for the Centre, just not in finding the escapee.
"I am sorry, Sydney." Miss Parker slowly walked up to him and put her hand on his shoulder. "I shouldn't…"
"No, I shouldn't have. I should have told you." Sydney shook my head. There was so much about Angelo that she didn't know. She shouldn't know, but she needed to.
"What do you mean?" The tall figure of Miss Parker walked around the hospital bed and sat down at the other side of Angelo, looking at the older man.
"Angelo is in love." he sighed, not daring to look at Miss Parker because he knew how she looked like. Her big brown eyes would look at him in amazement, and then she'd look at Angelo.
"What?" she reacted after a while.
"Angelo is in love." he replied, looking at her. "He isn't as deprived from his own emotions as you think."
"Angelo is a mystery, Sydney. We all know that, and you know him better than anyone else."
"There's one person who knows him better than even me." he chuckled. Miss Parker had grown up with Angelo, formerly known as Timmy, thanks to his colleague Mr. Raines. And both Angelo and Miss Parker had grown up with their escapee, Jarod. It had been 10 years since Jarod had escaped. 10 long years, and it was tearing Angelo apart, bit by bit and now he was in a coma thanks to him, his caretaker.
"Who?"
"Jarod." The psychiatrist sighed again.
"What?!" she exclaimed.
"Shhh…" Sydney reacted. "Angelo doesn't need excitement right now."
"Jarod?" she echoed, not believing him.
"They were closer than you think."
"HOW close, Sydney?" Miss Parker said, half threatening.
"Jarod and Angelo are lovers." he reluctantly admitted.
"WHAT?!"
"Parker…" he got up, took her hand and dragged her out of the room. "Calm down!"
"Jarod is gay?" she mouthed.
He knew this was hard to take for her. She had given Jarod his first kiss, she had admitted to him in one of their sessions that she loved Jarod. She used to imagine that she and Jarod would get married and that they would get beautiful children. "They have e-mail contact through a secured line which Angelo created."
"Jarod is gay?"
"Bisexual, more likely."
"They're a couple? The lab rat and the monkey?"
"Yes."
"Dear God!"
"Keep this quiet, all right?" Sydney told her sternly. "Angelo is having a hard time already."
"Their love is the reason why Angelo never really gives good clues on Jarod's whereabouts, isn't it?"
"Yes."
Miss Parker huffed, lit a cigarette and walked off. "Call Jarod. Tell him." She managed to say before she entered the elevator.
He knew he had to inform Jarod about Angelo's condition. But what could he do? There wasn't much that could be done, Angelo was completely withdrawn into his own mind and body now, not even Jarod could get him out of it. Not that Jarod would dare to set foot in The Centre again. Sydney knew Jarod liked his freedom too much, even though he wanted him back too.
Sydney thought should have hit himself. Who was he to say that Jarod needed to come back to the Centre? There was no real reason for him to return, he had enough money and he liked helping innocent people. Jarod would never return, as his hatred towards the Centre was enormous.
Sydney sighed and went to his office. He didn't know why exactly, but he knew he had to tell Jarod about Angelo. He couldn't exactly tell him, or write it in an e-mail for him, and their secret word "refuge" had been abused several times by Mr. Lyle when he found out about it. Sydney sat down behind his desk and opened his mail box. "Refuge. Call me, Sydney." He hit the send button and there was nothing else he could do but wait and hoped that Jarod wasn't thinking that it was a trap.

----------------------------

Gibbs hated to admit it, but without Agent Morrow's help, they wouldn't have solved the case. The setup had seemed so complex, as if the case could only have a complicated solution, when really the answer had been lying in front of them all the time. It had taken Jarod's insight to help them see it. After spending a few days with the mysterious agent, Gibbs had felt attracted to him. Which was terribly wrong, since he and his M.E. Ducky were lovers. He admitted to Ducky what he felt about Jarod, and Ducky could only smile.
It made him realize once again what kind of a bastard he actually was. He had made Ducky suffer when he married three times to a woman, even though Ducky wasn't one to admit he was hurt. Ducky only encouraged him to do whatever he pleased, like he had done with the women he had dated. And that puzzled him.
Gibbs was in his office doing paper work when Jarod walked in. "Fancy a coffee?" he asked in his child like manner. Gibbs felt how his heart skipped a beat and smiled. The innocence of Jarod was appealing. Sure, he came across as a child, but not in the way of his Senior officer DiNozzo. DiNozzo was childish and a pain in the neck most of the time, but Jarod was different, as if he had lived under a rock for a very long time. He saw things differently and wasn't hardened by the big bad world Gibbs had grown up in.
"I'm working." Gibbs managed to reply.
"So? That can wait." Jarod pulled Gibbs out of his chair and handed him his coat. "I can't."
"What?" Gibbs swallowed.
"I'm going back to Delaware tomorrow."
"Delaware?"
"And crawl back under my rock." Jarod grinned. "Come on, Gibbs, let's have fun tonight."
"I have to make a phone call first… I'm eh…" Gibbs stuttered. Jarod knew to push the right buttons. Somehow, Jarod knew exactly who Gibbs was, and that scared him.
"I know about you and Dr. Mallard." Jarod smiled. "I also know, that Doctor Mallard asked me to take you out tonight."
"He did what?"
"Stop analyzing." Jarod pulled him with him to the elevator. "Think about nothing." Once in the elevator Jarod pushed Gibbs against the wall and kissed him passionately, taking Gibbs off guard. He had to admit, Jarod excited him. Jarod was tall, dark and handsome and Ducky was the total opposite of him. Ducky would never take control, and Gibbs was actually frightened by the fact that Jarod took control over him.
"What are you doing?" Gibbs asked, a little out of breath when Jarod broke off the kiss right before the elevator came to a stop.
"I'm going to treat you like you haven't ever been treated before, Jethro." Jarod smirked. "You won't be the aggressor tonight."
"I like…"
"Being in control." Jarod interrupted him. "I know that, so, it's time for something different then, isn't it?"
Jarod took him out to dinner in a fancy restaurant. Gibbs was starting to feel nervous. Why had Ducky asked Jarod to take him out? Why was Jarod being so dominant? How did Jarod know exactly what was going on in his head? He was torn out of his world of thoughts by a quick head slap by Jarod. "What the…"
"Stop thinking." Jarod warned.
Gibbs glared at him. "Don't head slap me."
"Well, it works, obviously." Jarod shrugged.
"Give me one reason why I shouldn't run the hell out of here." Gibbs muttered.
"Sex." Jarod replied nonchalant. "You have a thing for me, I know that."
"I don't…"
"Yes you do."
"No I don't."
"Yes. You. Do." Jarod paused after each word to make them sink in.
Gibbs knew, he wasn't going anywhere until Jarod was done with him. "I don't know if…"
"Don't worry. Dr. Mallard said…"
"I don't care what Ducky said!" Gibbs shot at him. "I don't want to hurt him."
"You're not." Jarod smiled. "He wants you to do this."
"I don't believe you."
"Thick headed bastard." Jarod shot at him. "I'm not letting you go until I'm through with you."
Jarod took him to a hotel, and once they stepped over the threshold and closed the door, Jarod started to undress Gibbs. "Relax." Jarod growled softly.
"Who are you?"
"Not now." Jarod kissed him passionately, to shut him up. "Stop thinking." He muttered while kissing and Gibbs decided to help Jarod out of his clothes. If he wanted to play like that, he sure as hell would get it. In his mind, he promised himself he'd yell at Ducky later, for allowing Gibbs to "stray".

"So… who are you?" Gibbs softly asked the next morning. He was tired. Jarod had been dominant all night and that scared Gibbs at first, but he had to accept it, because Jarod hurt him every time he tried to take control of the situation. It had been an amazing night. Jarod had showed him the galaxy beyond the usual stars he got while making love to Ducky. Jarod had hurt him in a pleasurable way. Jarod had teased him by rubbing little blocks of ice over his chest. Jarod had been swallowing him whole, and bit him when he was almost losing control. Jarod had been in control. Jarod told him whether he was allowed to come or not. "I know you're not a real NCIS agent."
"How do you know?" Jarod put his arms around Gibbs, and laid his head on his chest.
"Well, your hair is too long, to begin with."
Jarod snickered. "And yet, you let me work with you on the case."
"I knew I could trust you."
"You can."
Gibbs softly played with Jarod's dark brown hair. "You had a rough life, didn't you?"
"How do you know?" Jarod asked surprised.
"I'm very good at analyzing people." Gibbs smiled.
"I was taken from my family when I was young." Jarod started.
Gibbs was surprised. He hadn't expected THAT. He remained quiet as Jarod told his story.
"I grew up in a place called The Centre. According to them, I was a gifted child. They told me that I was highly intelligent and that I was special. I got trained to become anyone they wanted me to be and do tactical things for them, for special operations."
"I'm sorry." Gibbs said softly, not stopping with caressing Jarod's hair.
"Don't be, you can't do anything about it." He snickered sadly. "I grew up with the boss' daughter, Miss Parker, who is now trying to hunt me down because I escaped from the Centre 10 years ago after discovering that most of my pretences didn't get used for the right purposes. I left my lover behind, Angelo, a beautiful, gifted man with the ability to feel someone else's emotions and act out the person he needs to find."
"I can't imagine how you must feel…"
"It hurts not to be with the one you love. I sometimes go back to The Centre, sneak in and be with Angelo in secrecy, because if Miss Parker finds me, I'm doomed. I have been caught once, and Angelo helped me to escape again."
"And The Centre is in Delaware?"
"The Centre, is my rock." Jarod sighed. "A week ago, I received an e-mail from Sydney, who practically raised me, and at the same time trained me to become the man who I am now. I had to call him, so I did."
"They want you back?"
Jarod chuckled. "For once, I decided to go back willingly."
"Why?"
"Angelo is in a coma. Sydney fears that Angelo will die soon and he wants to offer me a chance to be with him." Jarod said softly. "Sydney told me that Miss Parker pushed Sydney to push Angelo harder to find me."
"How come he's in a coma?"
"Angelo can't express himself the way you and I do. Angelo helps the Centre in finding people they want to be found, like me, but he always manages to leave information behind on my whereabouts so they can't find me. Or he warns me when they're coming. I think that the emotions of Sydney and Miss Parker and his own emotions got too much for him and his body just shut down." Jarod swallowed. "I want to be with Angelo, so in exchange for that, I'm going back to the Centre… today."
"But you're giving up your freedom."
"Wouldn't you?"
"I would."
"And I know, last night doesn't make any sense."
"It doesn't." Gibbs chuckled.
"But we both needed that, Jethro." Jarod looked him deep in his eyes. "I met Dr. Mallard a few years back, and he told me about you."
"You did?" Gibbs asked surprised. "He did?"
"I was intrigued by you, just from Dr. Mallard's tales. He also told me that he wished he was able to give you what I gave you last night, but admitted that he just wasn't like that."
"He's not… but he's…"
"Unique."
"Yes."
"I took this case just to be with you. Dr. Mallard encouraged me to give you what you needed. And I did, because you're unique too." Jarod smiled. "And I knew you fancied me, and…"
"This would be the only time for both of us to get what we need."
Jarod smirked. "You and I are more alike than you think."
"That's scary." Gibbs chuckled.
"I have to go back to The Centre, back to my rock. Back to Angelo, before he fades away. I don't care if I get tortured again, or have to do assignments for them, as long as I'm with Angelo. I know that I'm giving up a lot, like Pez and ice cream and spam, but… he's worth it."
"I understand."
"And promise me Jethro, don't be mad with Dr. Mallard. He only wants what's good for you."
"I promise."

Gibbs barged in to his office with two big mugs of coffee and set one of them right in front of McGee. "Boss?"
"Find out anything you can about an organization called The Centre in Delaware."
"Eh.. boss?"
"Just do it, McGee!" Gibbs shot at him.
"I can't boss."
"Why not?"
"It seems that Agent Morrow put a virus on the entire NCIS computer network which makes it impossible to go online right now."
"Then fix it!"
"I can't."
"You're supposed to be the computer geek, McGee." Gibbs growled.
"I know a lot, sir, but… this is too complex, even for me. Even for me and Abby."
"Now what?"
"Eh… we're getting new computers and a new network sir."
"And?"
"I go home now and search for the Centre there?"
"Good boy McGee."
Chapter End Notes:
Originally written for Challenge 7 “giving something up” for rare_pair. Thanks to lonelywalker for the instant beta:D