- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is a "What if...?" fic from "Probie". Abby is 5 months pregnant here. She and Tim supposedly concieved in my first story to this called "Regrets". So now, she must deal with Tim's passing and a new man in her life.
Author's Chapter Notes:
What if that Metro Cop was never shot by Gibbs?...Read what happened months after he took his revenge on Tim.

A few months after Tim's untimely death...A pregnant Abby gets another chance to be happy.
Read to Find out
Catch-A-Fire
By: Kelsey

Summary: In this sequel to my last fan fic "Regrets", a pregnant Abby is still reeling over Tim's death. But little does she know that she's about to get a confession from the last person she'd ever expect.

Additional Note: This is a sequel to a fic I worte called "Regrets", which I will post soon.



Prologue

Five Months Ago…

The whole team cried as the coffin carrying Tim's body was being lowered into the ground. As they left the cemetery, Jenny, Leroy, and Jimmy walked up front with Abby as Jimmy carried Abby's step-daughter Francine. Meanwhile…Tony, Ziva, and Ducky walked in back of them, their facial expressions filled with grief and sadness. Ziva walked with her face buried in Tony's side with his arm around her.

The day was sad, but at the same time, Abby felt as if she had 3 things to be grateful for. A chance to marry again, twins on the way, and being with a guy like Jimmy…and the weird thing was…she had Tim to thank for all 3 things. It felt so odd that she should even be with another man so quickly after Tim's death. But she guessed that he'd want her to move on.

As Abby pondered Tim's last wish to Jimmy, she looked down and touched her stomach, which carried her's and Tim's unborn children. She still regretted the fact that she never got to tell Tim about the baby. The sudden thought of that made her cry heavily.

Seeing this, Jimmy was at a loss of words. But his hands were full, so he could not console Abby. So, he saw as Gibbs put an arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer as she let all of her emotions pour out.

"Easy, Abs. I know it hurts. But just remember…you will always have somebody who will care about you as much as Tim did." Gibbs whispered to her.

Abby looked over at Jimmy "Yeah…I know. I love the idea that Tim ‘left me' to Jimmy as a last request." She said, linking her arm around Jimmy's.

Jimmy smiled as the trio walked towards the car. He opened up the back door of his Lexus, and handed Francine to Gibbs as he prepared the baby seat. Jimmy then took Francine and put her in the seat, strapping her in. "Well that about does it…Do you need a ride home, sir?" he asked Gibbs.

Gibbs sighed, looked both ways and shook his head "No Jimmy, I think I'll just walk home. It's a nice day, and I have to think about a few things." He said, walking away.

Abby was in the front seat, her face still stained with tears. She then saw Jimmy getting into the driver's seat. "Jimmy…Can I ask you something?" she said, putting her hand on his to stop him from starting up the car.

"Sure…What's wrong?" Jimmy asked, not wanting to refuse her in any way.

"Did Tim tell you anything to say to me when you visited him in the hospital?" Abby asked, wiping some remaining tears from her eyes with her free hand.

Jimmy started up the car and sighed "Why don't we have dinner out tonight, and we'll talk about it, okay?" he told her.

"Okay." Abby reluctantly agreed, as she felt the car pull out of the cemetery parking lot.

End Prologue…
Chapter End Notes:
This is a "What if...?" fic from "Probie".

Abby is 5 months pregnant here. She and Tim supposedly concieved in my first story to this called "Regrets". So now, she must deal with Tim's passing and a new man in her life.