- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The title says it all!
Chapter 5.
Too late...?

A flash of lightining... the sound of a single shot... Tony could feel his blood freeze in his veins... He knew it was Gibbs and he had been too late... God... It couldn't be true... he couldn't have done that.

He couldn't end every thing like that... he had so many things to tell him... they had so much to share... Tony realised he was running, crying and yelling Gibbs' name at the same time.

He had run in the direction of the flash but he couldn't tell now were he had seen it. The only thought coming through his mind was that he had to find him. He had to take him in his rams, to feel his heart beat...

He was lost, lost into darkness... he was unable to find him. He wanted to scream but nothing was coming out of his mouth... So much pain, anger were running through his veins....

He knew he had lost him... he had been too late...

Gibbs would never know how much he meant to him....

He would never tell him how much he loved him...

He would never feel his arms around him, keeping him safe...

He would never feel his body against his... the weight of his love...

He would never be able to give him everything he had: his soul, his body, his life....

Tony realised he couldn't breath anymore. He was so cold inside...He was running to nowhere now, on the dark beach. All would end here... he wouldn't be able to go on without him...

His knees gave up under him ... all strength gone... Why Gibbs hadn'tanswered him... why hadn't he talked to him... he had always believed there was another way...

He could have helped him...

He could have shared his sorrow...

He could have drowned him in his love...

He could have love him until he was unable to think about anything else but him...

Why...?
They could have been happy, could have grown old together.

He would not find peace in death... Tony knew there was nothing behind the black curtain of life...it was a trap, had been for centuries... helping men dealing with their pityful lives...letting them think that they would find something better there...

But Tony knew there was only emptiness... loneliness... coldness...

Where are you my love?

Tell me you are still there... I need you...

I can't live without you...

He stood up gathering all he had left: his strength... his hope...the power of his love...

He ran to him...

To the man that meant everything to him, the only one who had made him feel alive...

He had to be somewhere, he knew he was still alive... because he would have known if he was dead. He would have felt it in his flesh, something would have happened...

The world couldn't have gone on as if nothing had happened if the love of his life had died tonight. The stars would have gone out... teh Earth would have stopped turning.
Life couldn't go on without Gibbs...

He ran to him...

He was alive... Off course...

He will bring him back home... Kiss him senseless... Love him all night long... and fall asleep on his chest listening to his heart beat... What a sweet music!

He would have given everything to hear it once more...

He ran to him....

But he couldn't find him.... Even in his worst nightmares he hadn't felt so lost...

If there was a God somewhere no matter what his name was... he couldn't let that happen... he couldn't let that man die here...

He ran to him...

And finally found him... he was there...
It was so dark here... he didn't dare to look down at him... He couldn't think that maybe...
No... he couldn't be...

Tony knelt on the sand... put a shaking hand on Gibbs' shoulder...
Please, wake up my Love!

He found his hand in the dark... he was still holding the gun tightly...

He let out a sob when he felt a pulse under his fingers....
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry but I was not in a mood to write a happy ending tonight but tomorrow will be another day.. I hope