- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I couldn't be bothered with chapters so i turned it into parts. Longer than chapter :)
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby has invited everyone to a party on Saturday ...

Meanwhile though ... Tony can't stop thinking of Cate and turns to alchol for support. Thisngs turn worst for him when he finds out about Cate's lawyer boyfriend ...
Can tony handle the pressure?
Cate was at work early today. She had loads of reports to do and knew that once Tony was there … well those reports will take a lot longer. She sat down and turned on her computer.
"Ding" The elevator opened and Gibbs entered the office. He wasn't surprised to see Cate there early.
‘Morning Gibbs' She smiled.
‘Morning Cate … you working on your files?'
‘Yes'
‘Good girl' Gibbs smiled and sat down.
Cate sighed and got to work.




6am …

Abby turned on the lights and ran around the room turning on all her of computers.
‘It's gonna be a long day Abby' She said to herself.
She opened her emails and started typing up what she'd planned all weekend.
‘Cate and McGee and Tony and Gibbs and ducky and Jimmy' She sung to herself while she typed.




"Ding" McGee entered the squad room and went over to his desk.
‘Good morning Cate' He said cheerfully to her (Gibbs was in MTAC).
‘Good morning to you too McGee' Cate smiled back.
‘How are those reports going?'
‘Nearly done … if I'm lucky, they've be done before Tony …'
"Ding" Tony came into the office and sat down.
‘… Or not' Cate sighed.
McGee nodded and turned his computers on.
‘How are my fellow co-workers today?' Tony asked and grinned at them.
‘I'm working Tony' Cate said.
‘As I am about to' McGee added.
‘Not with me here you're not' Tony said and sat down.
‘We know' they both replied.
"Beep"
McGee and Cate saw that they'd received an email from Abby.
‘Wow … sounds fun' McGee said after reading it.
‘Yeah … you gonna go Tim?' Cate asked.
‘Sure … why not'
‘What? What are you talking about?' Tony went into his emails. There wasn't one for him.
"Beep"
‘Ah …' Tony said and opened it to read.





My Dear Crazy Friends,
I am holding a party at my place this Friday at 7pm til late. As I am clearly inviting you to come … you can bring a partner with you if you wish … and I will be having some friends over for you to meet. Please dress appropriately and casually. At 8pm we will be going out to dinner. After dinner, my friends will have to go but we will then be going bowling unless we have something else planned.
I would really appreciate it if you could join my friends and I at this fun event.

Your dear friend
Abby
xoxoxo





‘Now that does sound like fun' Tony said and grinned.
‘What does Dinozzo?' Gibbs came into the room.
‘Check your emails boss' Tony replied.
‘Can't … they're not working' Gibbs frowned and sat at his desk with a fresh coffee.
‘What's wrong?' McGee asked and went over to Gibbs's computer.
‘How the hell would I know?' Gibbs shrugged at sipped his coffee and watched McGee trying to fix what Gibbs calls a useless machine.
"Beep"
‘There boss … it works now' McGee went back over to his own desk to work on his files.
‘How you do that … is beyond me' Gibbs sighed and read the email form Abby.
‘Yes! I'm done' Cate said happily.
‘Lucky you' Tony grumbled.
‘Yes lucky me … I'm going to see Abby'
Cate grabbed her PDA and left quickly.
McGee watched her in a little jealousy.
‘Well? Are you going to go boss?' Tony asked him.
‘Nope' Gibbs said and deleted the message.




‘Abby!' Cate called to her.
‘Cate!' Abby ran over and gave her a big hug.
‘I got your email' Cate said as Abby let her go.
‘Are you gonna go?' Abby asked.
‘Yeah. Tony and McGee want to as well'
‘And Gibbs? He didn't want to did he?' Abby asked.
‘Nope' Cate sighed. ‘He never does'
‘Not this time … he's going … I will find a way' Abby said firmly.





After work, Cate said goodbye to everyone and gathered her stuff. She headed towards to elevator.
‘Wait!' McGee called out to her.
She turned around as waited for him to catch up.
‘What is it McGee?'
‘I need your help with something' He gasped.
‘Sure' Cate smiled.
McGee told her what he needed help with and she agreed to help him. They left in the elevator together with Tony nearby wondering what they'd been talking about.
‘Dinozzo … shoo!' Gibbs said and tried to get rid of him.
Tony frowned and grabbed his stuff.






Tony went home and sat on his couch. He couldn't concentrate on the tv … he was thinking about Cate … again. He knew he had no chance with her … but his heart just wouldn't give up. He knew he had to tell her how he feels … but he could never make himself do it. The fear of rejection was just too strong. He liked to spend time with other women … it usually got his mind off Cate and how he'd never be able to spend time with her in the way he'd want to. He'd never get a chance to date her … or lay in bed with her all snuggled up beside him … he'd never be able to kiss her … he'd never be able to protect her from her fears or be there when she needs someone who cares …
‘You're going to kill yourself if you don't stop thinking of her Anthony' He said to himself and decided to go clubbing or something to get his mind off her.
He went to the bathroom, showered and put on nicer clothes … neat and tidy.
He locked the door and went to his car.




After a while, he arrived at a nightclub and went inside. He was a familiar sight there and some of the girls knew him very well.
‘Hey Tony' Said a blonde haired women.
‘Hi Lucia' He smiled at her and tried to hide his pain as he always did.
Tony went to one of the bars and looked towards one particular corner. Abby came here every now and again. She wasn't here tonight though. Tony sighed and ordered a drink. He was tired of hearing about all the great guys Cate whad dated or her current amazing guy. He was so nice … he was handsome … he loved her … he was sweet … etc …etc …etc … etc
‘Here's your drink sir' the bartender said and gave him his drink. Tony drunk it and ordered another.




Abby was singing to her music and chatting to McGee online with a web cam.

Deathstlker49: What time is it?
McGeek: Late
Deathstlker49: How late?
McGeek: Don't u have a clock?
Deathstlher49: WHAT IS THE TIME?
McGeek: Fine. It's 10pm
Deathstlker49: Thank u
McGeek: u r welcome, I can't wait 4 your party on Saturday!
Deathstlker49: Same. I have 2 think of a way 2 convince Gibbs 2 come as well.
McGeek: Is that even possible
Deathstlker49: Everything's possible
McGeek: :)
Deathstlker49: brb … phone
McGeek: ok



‘Hello?' Abby answered.
‘Hey … it's Cate'
‘Hey Cate … what's wrong?'
‘Nothing's wrong … I just wanted to tell you about this guy I met and we're dating now'
‘Really? Oh wow! What's his name?' Abby asked happily.
‘Richard and he's a lawyer'
‘Oh … Tony would love to meet him' Abby smiled.
‘Yeah … do you think I could bring him to your party?'
‘Sure Cate … tell me more about him … is he hot?'
‘Yeah … he's so sweet … he bought me flowers just to thank me for keeping him company'
‘Ohhhh … how sweet' Abby said.
‘I'm going to dinner with him tomorrow … I can't wait'
‘Sounds like fun Cate … I wish McGee would do something like that'
‘Why don't you ask him Abby? Don't forget that he doesn't even know that you like him'
‘True … true … maybe I will … speaking of McGee … I have to go, he's waiting for me to go back online' Abby said.
‘Okay bye Abby'
‘Bye Cate' Abby smiled and hung up.

Deathstlker49: Back
McGeek: Yay … who was it?
Deathstlker49: Cate … she's dating a lawyer guy named Richard
McGeek: Tony hates lawyers :)
Deathstlker49: I know. She's going 2 bring him 2 the party. I'm sure Tony will be very happy about that :)
McGeek: Cool … hey I was wondering … would you like 2 go 2 lunch together sometime?
Deathstlker49: How about tomorrow?
McGeek: Sure
Deathstlker49: It's settled then :)

They talked for a little longer but then logged off and went to bed,




The next morning …


Tony had a headache as he walked into the office and sat down.
‘Yeah sure … yes of course Richard … the flowers were great … yes okay … I have to go now …ok … love you' Cate hung up.
Tony sat down miserably.
‘Hey Tony' Cate smiled.
Tony ignored her.
‘What's wrong? No girls last night?'
‘Shut up Cate … just leave me alone' He grumbled and went to get a coffee off McGee's desk (there were some for everyone. McGee was currently giving Abby her Caf-Pow).
Gibbs came in and whacked his head.
‘Ouch! What was that for?'
‘Don't tell Cate to shut up' He said and grabbed a coffee too (there's always one set aside for him).
Tony sat down and closed his eyes. He was waiting for the pain in his head to stop but it only seemed to get worst.
Gibbs left to go and see Ducky as McGee came back.
‘You okay Tony?' McGee asked.
‘Leave me alone' Tony opened his eyes again.
‘What's with you?' Cate asked.
‘Nothing … you just enjoy your smart and handsome boyfriend who loves you very very much and you can't imagine living without him … you're probably going to see him again tonight while I'll just sit at home with my TV and enjoy my loneliness!' Tony nearly yelled.
McGee looked at him. ‘Has this got something to do with him being a lawyer?'
‘Oh … even better … a lawyer!' This time Tony yelled. He sat back down and ignored them after that.
He even ignored Gibbs later on … until he was nearly shot by him for doing so.




On Cate's way home that night, she felt really bad about what had happened that day. She was surprised of how Tony reacted to her dating Richard. She'd hurt his feelings somehow. She felt so guilty. Tony was after all … the guy she was really in love with.
As Cate arrived home, she got out her cell phone and called Richard. She told him that she had doubts about their relationship and wasn't sure if it would work out. In other words … she dumped him. He said he understood. Cate hung up and went inside her apartment.
Cate went to her bedroom and got out a box that she had hidden in her clothes drawer. It was a picture of Tony. Cate thought of him each and every day. All she wanted was to be with him … but he's Tony … the skirt chaser …
‘Oh Tony' She whispered. While holding the photo frame close to her chest, Cate went over to her window and looked out at the night sky. She decided to go and get something that reminded her of him … like his favourite pizza … even though she didn't like to eat fatty foods … this once couldn't hurt.




‘That will be 16 dollars miss'
Cate handed the guy the money.
‘Thankyou … enjoy your pizza' He said and turned to serve someone else.
Cate took the box back to her car and put it on the seat beside her. As she was driving home, she saw a figure on a footpath near the park. The figure had blood around it's head. As she got closer, she saw that it was actually Tony.
‘Tony!' Cate stoped the car and ran over to him.
‘Nnnnnnnnnnnnmnnnnnnmmmm' He groaned as she lifted his head up to see if he was okay.
‘Come on' She helped him into the backseat of her car. She was very concerned about the blood though. She drove towards home again.




Cate helped Tony into her apartment and then she made him sit on her couch. She got a washer from the bathroom and cleaned the blood spot on his head. It was just a scratch. Tony was obviously I bit drunk and had hit head on something. She convinced him to have a shower. He did and after only a few minutes he was done. Cate took him to her room and put him to bed. He was fast asleep in minutes.



Cate put the pizza in the fridge for later. She went to have her shower and get changed into her nightgown. Cate was thankful for her double bed as she climbed in beside Tony. She just lay there and watched his breathing. He was so adorable when he was sleeping. She kissed his forehead and soon fell asleep as well …
Chapter End Notes:
I couldn't be bothered with chapters so i turned it into parts. Longer than chapter :)