- Text Size +
Tony rolled over and felt the sun on his face. He last remembered driving to the nightclub again. he had a few beers … well maybe not a few … but then he remembered trying to walk home because he was too drunk to drive. He tripped and hit his head on a lamppost. He couldn't remember anything else after that. His surroundings at the moment felt soft and comfy. Had he made it back home? No, this bed was too comfy to be his. Did he sleep with someone? He hoped not … because he didn't remember it … and he hates waking up at their place … they make him stay longer and then he's late for work. The sun on his face usually meant it was fairly late in the morning or early afternoon.
Tony opened his eyes and had a look around the room. It sure of a hell wasn't his room. It looked like a female's in a way, but he didn't recognize the room at all.




‘Yes I know … I told you that last night … sure …' Tony heard a women's voice. She was talking on the phone and then she started laughing. Tony's heart stopped. He knew that laugh … he heard it nearly everyday … Cate … but how? She'd never sleep with him … and she had a boyfriend …Mr so perfect lawyer guy …
‘Yeah … okay Abs … I have to go now … Tony will be up soon … yes I said Tony … no I'm not … yeah, yeah … laugh all you want … bye Abby …' The phone was hung up.
Tony decided to try something. He heard Cate coming back into the room. He closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep.
Cate went into her bedroom. She saw Tony eyes were still closed. She'd known Tony long enough to know he was faking it.
‘What would you like for breakfast Tony?' She was.
Tony opened his eyes and frowned.
‘How'd you know I was awake?' He asked.
‘I know you Tony' she smiled. ‘I have a pizza … your favourite … if you want that?'
‘Sure … um … if you don't mind me asking …'
‘We'll take at breakfast'
‘Okay' Tony said.
‘We'll have breakfast and then get you home to change … then we are going to see Abby for an hour or so … I don't know what's after that'
‘Huh? But what about work?'
‘Gibbs said that all our paperwork was done and there was no case … we get the day off' Cate said and went to get breakfast ready.
Tony got out of her bed and went out to the lounge room.
He turned on the TV and sat on her couch.
He looked over at her clock on the wall. It was only 8am. He'd thought it was much later.
‘Here Tony' cate handed him a plate with two pieces of pizza on it. she sat next to him with her won pizza. He looked at her pizza in confusion.
‘I thought you don't eat yummy food? It's always that strange tasting stuff that you call health' Tony said and took a big bite of his pizza.
‘I have my moments' Cate said and also took a bite of pizza.
‘Ah … now ya tell me'
‘Yep' She smiled.
‘So um …' He didn't need to ask … it was kind of obvious what he wanted to know.
‘Well … I went to get this pizza and I saw you on the ground while I was driving home. You were drunk Tony and your head was cut … I know you party a lot but I thought you were still responsible enough to get home' Cate finally said.
‘I was … ah … a little stressed … and why were you getting pizza? I thought you'd be on a lovely date with Mr so perfect lawyer guy?' Tony shut up. He didn't mean to tell Cate the name he'd given Richard … he didn't want Cate to know he was over reacting. But he also knew that he couldn't fool Cate. She looked at him and then put her pizza down.
‘Tony … why do you have suck a problem with Richard? I mean other than him being a lawyer … I've dated lots of guys … you didn't seem to give them a second thought … just nag me about them … but you never too much notice of them like that … why Richard?'
‘Can I have some more pizza?' Tony held up his empty plate like a hungry little kid.
Cate looked a little annoyed but took the plate and went to get him more. Tony sighed … he knew he should tell her … but he was still afraid of rejection or her laughing at him. Cate came back with another two pieces for him.
‘Thanks Cate' He said and smiled. He seemed lost in thought, so Cate turned her attention to the TV.




After they'd finished their breakfast. They headed to Tony's place so he could change and brush his teeth etc. Cate waited in the kitchen for him. When he finally emerged from the bathroom, Cate couldn't help but giggle.
‘What?' He asked in worry. He checked his pants were done up … no problems there.
‘Here' She took the comb out of his hands. ‘Tony! you're tall … I can't reach your hair!' she said loudly … loud enough to make Tony jump.
‘Oh' Tony went to sit on the couch so she could brush his hair. He liked the attention he was getting but he knew that after today … it was back to work … back to her going out with her lovely Richard.
‘There … now you don't look like you have a cat sitting on your head' Cate smiled and handed back his comb.




They soon arrived at Abby's place. Cate knocked and the door flung open two second later. Tony nearly shit himself in fright. He was rather enjoying himself. He'd never seen Cate's place or Abby's. They went inside and Tony had a look around. He thought Abby's lab had creepy pictures on her walls … they were nothing compared to the ones in her house. Cate and Abby started chatting away like they hadn't seen each other in years. Tony has never been able to understand how females do that.
‘Oh … McGee's in the room to the left' Abby said and pointed to the hallway. Tony didn't know which room she was on about but was sure he'd find it. Sure enough, McGee was in one of the rooms that seemed full of computers. Okay there was only about 3 or 5 but it seemed a lot of one person to own.
‘Hey Tim … Whatcha playing?'
McGee looked up in surprise. He quickly turned his attention back to the computer and Tony stood behind him to watch.
‘Um … Attack of the Zombies 3 … Abby loves this game … number 4 is coming out next month' he said and waited for Tony to say something to tease him.
‘I see …' Tony got a chair and sat next to him to watch. ‘You winning?'
‘Um … yeah, I'm on level 12' McGee said.
‘Cool … did you stay here last night or just recently turned up?'
‘Oh … Abby invited me over this morning … I've been here since about 7am'
‘Okay … look out!' Tony yelled and pointed to this big thing raising from the ground.
‘Damn it' McGee tapped at the keyboard as fast as he could. Tony soon joined in.
‘YEAH!' They cheered as the monster zombie blew up. They gave each other a high five.
‘I beat your unbeatable level Abby!' McGee called out. ‘Well Tony and I both did' He added and smiled at Tony. Tony winked at him as Abby came running in and looked at the screen that said:



Level 12 Complete !!
New high score: 48 750 485




‘No way' She said. Cate came in behind her.
‘Yes way' Tony said as McGee looked at Abby proudly.
‘Well then … beat level 13 and 14 Mr genius' Abby smiled.
McGee and Tony stopped smiling. Abby nodded and left the room with Cate behind her.
‘Come on Tim … we can beat these … ah … um … things' Tony said.
‘Yeah' McGee nodded. He liked it when Tony was nice to him … but then he realized that this is probably the first time Tony had actually been this nice to him.




‘Those boys do know how to get along after all' Cate smiled.
‘Yeah … they're very different outside of work … or maybe that had something to do with Gibbs?' Abby smiled.
Cate laughed.
‘Hey? How's Richard?' Abby asked.
‘Um … well I actually broke up with him yesterday as I got home'
‘Why? … is it related to Tony's overreaction to you dating him?'
‘Huh … now way … I … how'd you know? Cate asked even though she was sure she knew the answer.
‘My geek told me' Abby smiled.
They could here the boys yelling and cheering in the room. They'd just beat level 13 and were now facing one of the nastiest zombie's of all time.
Abby chuckled. ‘They'll never pass level 15' She smiled.
Cate looked at the floor, lost in thought.
‘What's wrong Cate?' Abby asked and put her hand on Cate's shoulder in concern.
‘Why is Tony overreacting over me dating Richard?'
‘He's a lawyer?' Abby asked.
‘I've dated a few before and he was going off before he even knew Richard was a lawyer' Cate sighed.
‘Maybe he likes you'
‘Abby' Cate said and looked at her seriously. ‘I mean it'
‘So do I Cate … maybe that's what you're refusing to think of … maybe Tony likes you … it's possible' Abby shrugged.
‘LEFT!!!' Tony screamed at McGee from the room.
Cate smiled … they were like such children.
‘I dunno Abby … I …'
‘I know you're in denial and think that Tony's incapable of loving a girl properly … but you have to remember that he's always very quiet once he finds out about you having a boyfriend' Abby said, trying to convince Cate.
‘When we're at work and I've got a date afterwards … he helps me fix my hair and all before I leave work for my date' Cate whispered.
‘he's a great guy Cate … if any one can see that more than everyone else … it would be you … come one … give the guy a chance … you won't know if you don't try Cate'
‘Thanks Abby' Cate smiled and gave her a hug.
‘YES!' McGee screamed from the room. Abby and Cate looked at once another in disbelief. Abby raced to the room.
As she got there … Tony and Tim were smiling at her.
‘You didn't …' she looked at the computer screen:


Level 15 complete!
New High score: 98 346 355
Now loading stage 2 …



‘You did' Abby said in shock.
‘Yay to them' Cate said sarcastically.
‘How?' Abby asked them.
‘Teamwork … you can't live without it' Tony grinned.
‘Since when were you two a team?' Abby asked them.
‘We've always been a team … just couldn't stand one another' McGee said.
Tony agreed. ‘Tim's not useless … only at work' He winked at McGee, who looked up and frowned at him.
‘Wow … look at the time … we're going to be late for out movie McGee … we better get moving' Abby said.
McGee looked at his watch. ‘You're right' He said and locked the computer.
‘We better get going Tony … come on' Cate said. Tony obeyed and put the chair back.
‘See ya' Abby hugged Cate and Tony.
‘Bye' Cate said and Tony waved to them.




On their way to the car, Tony stopped and ran back to the house.
‘Tony?'
‘Hang on a minute!' He called and knocked. Abby answered it again and they talked for a minute. Tony came running back.
‘Ready to go?' Cate asked.
‘Yep' Tony smiled and got into the car beside her.
‘What are you up to?' She asked as they drove out of Abby's driveway.
‘Nothing' Tony said and looked out the window.
Cate didn't believe him … but what could she do?
‘Shouldn't you be getting back with Mr … with your boyfriend Cate?' Tony asked miserably.
‘No … he's visiting his sister today'
‘Oh … and he doesn't mind that I stayed at your place last night? Or that you're spending the day with me? Or are you two so much in love that he'll trust you with a meddlesome loser like me?' Tony asked, still looking out the window.
Cate looked at him in surprise. ‘No … I don't think he really cares who I hang out with Tony'
‘Isn't love great?' Tony growled to himself as they pulled up at Cate's place.
They went back up to her apartment and Tony settled himself on her couch again with the TV. Cate went to get them some lunch.





They spent the rest of the day watching TV and talking about work. Tony stayed for Dinner and them headed back home. They had work tomorrow and the day after … but then there was the party. Cate was actually dreading the party of some reason.
‘Okay … bye Cate' Tony said and gave her a hug. Something he'd always wanted to do. Cate was surprised but hugged him back.
‘See you at work' She smiled and waved as he got into his car (Cate had driven Tony back to the nightclub to get his car). She watched him drive off and then she did the same.
She had to tell him sooner or later … but she just wondered how much time she actually had until it was too late? She knew she had to tell him about dumping Richard and how she feels for Tony …

Cate decided to do that before the party … and who knows? Maybe he'll be her date for the night …
Only time would tell … that is … until time runs out ...
Chapter End Notes:
I couldn't be bothered with chapters so i turned it into parts. Longer than chapter :)