- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Warning! some sennes may not be suitable for persons under 15.

The party begins ...
somethings going on between the ncis team ... ...
‘It's tonight! It's tonight! It's tonight!' Abby screamed as she ran into the office the next morning.
McGee smiled while Gibbs dashed to MTAC. Cate had never seen him run so fast.
‘Where's Tony?' McGee asked, noticing that he was late (It's nearly 8:30).
Cate smiled.
Abby saw her and looked at her suspiciously.
‘Cate … we ah … need to go for a walk' Abby frowned at her.
‘I can't Abby … I'm busy' She answered.
‘Doing what?' Abby said and saw Cate's computer was switched off and there was not paperwork in sight.
Tony came into the office.
‘Sorry I'm late' He said. ‘Where's the boss?'
‘In MTAC … hiding from Abby' Cate smiled.
Tony smiled at her and turned his computer on.
Abby looked form Tony then to Cate then back to Tony.
‘Cate … we really have to go for a walk' Abby said firmly.
‘But Abby …' Cate started to say, but Abby wouldn't take no for an answer.
Gibbs opened the door of MTAC and peeped out.
‘NOW!' Abby yelled, causing everyone to jump.
The door of MTAC slammed shut again.
Cate looked at Tony questionly. He slowly shook his head.
‘Sorry Abby' Cate said.
‘Don't apologise Cate … it's a sign of weak …' Tony started to say.
‘Shut up you!' Abby yelled, but then smiled. ‘I know something you don't Cate' Abby said and looked at Tony, whose face revealed that he didn't want Cate to know what Abby was talking about.
‘Abby … you wouldn't' He said.
‘Why not?' Abby asked and glared at him.
‘You know why Abby' Tony said softly. Cate didn't want to hear it if Tony didn't want her to. ‘I'll go for a walk Abby … but you're not going to hear much … because there's nothing to hear' Cate sighed.
‘Yay!' Abby cheered.
She and Cate left the office.
Gibbs came running down the stairs.
‘Hey boss' McGee smiled at him.
‘I'm not staying' Gibbs said and grabbed his gun. He got his coffee as well and headed back to MTAC as fast as he could without spilling any coffee.
McGee and Tony just laughed.



Abby and Cate came back after a few minutes. Abby looked disappointed (Cate only said that Tony apologised and he stayed for dinner, but that was all).
Cate winked at Tony and sat back down. McGee saw this and considered telling Abby … but Abby's cell phone rang.
‘Yeah? Abby here' she answered and walked away so it was easier to hear.
‘I didn't know Abby had a cell phone' Tony said.
‘Me neither' Cate added.
McGee just smiled (he'd got it for her).







And the night finally arrives … …


Abby was waiting at the door for the few that hadn't turned up yet.
Gibbs and Jenny approached the dining/dance room that Abby had hired for the night.
‘Hey' Abby said and greeted them. (Gibbs had calmed down a bit now).
‘Good evening Abby' Jenny said and smiled. Gibbs smiled as well and gave Abby as kiss on the cheek.
They went inside. The place was well decorated and looked really lovely.
‘Where's Cate and Dinozzo?' Gibbs asked McGee as they went over to say hello to everyone.
‘I don't know … Abby's not going to leave that doorway until they get here though' McGee smiled and shook Gibbs's hand as a welcome.




Tony pulled up outside Cate's building. he told he he'd wait outside for her. And sure enough … after a few minutes, Cate came outside. Tony thought she looked so beautiful. She had her hair up and was wearing a red dress and shoes.
‘Wow' He said as she got into the car next to him.
‘Thanks … and wow yourself' Cate was impressed by the quality of Tony's black suit.



They got to the place and Abby ran out to greet them.
‘Wow … you two look so cute together' She said. ‘I mean … it's not like you are together … are you?' Abby asked in surprise, as Tony and Cate didn't deny it.
Cate just smiled.
‘Shit' Abby said. ‘I mean … that's great … but shit' she said again.
‘Shhhh' Tony said and led Cate up to the party.
‘Don't you shoosh me' Abby grumbled but followed them happily.



Tony linked arms and entered the room. Every face in the room turned to look at them. They smiled and went over to the crowd of their fellow workers.
‘Now don't you look beautiful' Ducky smiled to Cate as she gave him a kiss on the cheek as a greeting.
‘Thankyou Ducky' She smiled.
‘I agree with Doctor Mallard' Jimmy smiled.
Cate smiled and gave his cheek a kiss too.
‘I didn't know you could actually look so amazing Cate' McGee smiled, causing Abby to frown at him.
Cate smiled and kissed his cheek as well.
‘Now now everyone … She's my date for this evening' Tony smiled happily.
‘Yeah McGee' Abby frowned.
Ziva and Jenny came over with Gibbs.
‘Wow … reality check' Gibbs said as he saw Tony and Cate.
Ziva at Jenny smiled warmly at Cate who returned their smiles.
Gibbs kissed Cate's cheek and gave her a hug.





As the night moved on and Abby's friends (Two couples. Each couple were Goth and had two kids). had gone home. Abby got the band on stage and a song started up. It was normal music, so nobody minded it.
Tony took this chance to hold Cate's hand and he asked her to dance. She didn't want to at first, but couldn't refuse. They went onto the dance floor and started dancing. Abby dragged McGee onto the dance floor as well. Ducky soon joined them with his date (A brunette that he'd known for awhile and had taken a liking to). Ziva convinced Jimmy to join her as Jenny tried to get Gibbs to dance as well.
‘I have heart problems' He said.
‘No you don't Jethro'
‘High blood pressure' He said.
‘Jethro' Jenny warned.
‘Fine' He got up and led her onto the dance floor.



McGee loved how Abby's hair twirled a little when she danced. He was usually the last person who'd want to be dancing (other than Gibbs), but he quite liked dancing with Abby.
Cate had never seen Tony dance before … and he was really good too.
‘Where'd you learn to dance like this Tony?' She asked.
‘Practice … you're pretty good too' He said.
She smiled.



After awhile, Abby got sick of this kind of dancing. She ordered a slow song. Gibbs looked like he was going to have a heart attack after all.
Tony stopped dancing and took a deep breath. he'd dreamed of this moment for so long and still can't believe that it's even real.
‘Shall we?' He asked her and geld out hid hand.
‘Why not?' Cate replied. She put her arms around his neck and he placed his hands on her waist. McGee did the same to Abby and Ziva did to Jimmy. After a moment of convincing, Jenny did so to Gibbs. Abby had to try very hard not to laugh at the look of horror on Gibbs's face. They all saw Ducky nearby dancing with the brunette that was his date. It's been a while since they'd seen Ducky this happy.




The slow songs continued for a while. Gibbs and jenny had gone to get something to drink. They went over and joined Ducky and his date for a little talk. Jimmy joined them; Ziva had received an important phone call and was near the corner and away from the noise. Cate and Tony were still dancing though. They were both lost in thought as they gazed into one another's eyes dreamily.
McGee was enjoying himself, but it was kind of annoying when Abby would keep looking at Tony and Cate every few minutes.
‘Abby … please' he said.
‘Oh … sorry, how about we have a break, then we can continue?' She asked.
‘Sure' McGee said and they went over to the bar for something to drink.
Tony smiled and placed his forehead against Cate's and looked in her eyes again. He'd never felt so happy to be with a women. But this wasn't just any women, it was the one he'd never thought possible to be with. The one he thought of everyday. This was Cate … the love of his life … this time for real.



Everyone was surprised that Tony and Cate were still on the dance floor. Gibbs was very nervous. They were to close for comfort. They all just stopped and decided to watch them for a while … no one more than Abby though.
‘Did anyone bring popcorn?' She asked them.
Gibbs just smiled.


Tony knew that it was now or never.
‘I really do love you Cate' He whispered.
Cate smiled at him. ‘I love you as well Tony' She whispered back to him. She was sure that she knew what was coming … she'd waited ages for this moment … and here it was.
Tony and Cate stoped dancing and Tony leaned forward. His lips touched hers gently. After a few moments of testing her reaction, Tony slowly stared pashing Cate. Cate responded in pure happiness and placed one hand on his cheek.



‘Awww' Abby sighed. ‘Why can't you do that McGee?' she growled at him.
‘What?' Gibbs asked and stopped talking to Jenny. He looked at Abby. ‘What are you on about?' Gibbs asked.
Abby pointed to Tony and Cate.



Tony felt so happy … he couldn't believe that he was really kissing Cate … a moment he hoped for everyday since meeting her. It was a long wait … but he knew that it was worth all they'd been through … all that has happened and everything else.
Their kiss was interrupted by a sudden choking noise. They parted and turned towards the crowd that they'd forgotten was there. Gibbs was being hit on the back by Abby as he tried to breathe. He apparently was coughing and choking at the sight of their kissing.
Tony smiled nervously. He took Cate's hand and led her over to the group. Abby was frowning at McGee, who looked devastated and fearful.
‘Hey' Tony said, like nothing had happened.
Gibbs recovered and looked at them.
‘What the hell was that?' He asked them in shock.
‘That was called a kiss boss … you know … something two people to when they're in love' Tony shrugged as Cate went red.
‘See McGee … people who are in love do that' She frowned.
‘Shut up Dinozzo … you're giving Abby ideas' Gibbs sighed.
McGee just looked at the floor.
‘Come on Jimmy' Ziva pulled Jimmy back to the dance floor and were soon joined by Jenny and a very worried Gibbs.
Cate (being a profiler) could read what McGee was thinking.
‘Come on Tony' She urged. Tony smiled and they went back to dance.
Abby crossed her arms and turned her face away from McGee. Tim placed his hand on her shoulder to get he attention.
‘What?' She asked and turned to face him.
‘I … ah … I do really like you Abby …' he was blushing nervously. Abby didn't think she'd ever seen him so nervous.
‘Then that's all you had to say' she said and kissed his cheek. Within moments, they were pashing and Gibbs felt dizzy … like he was about to pass out.
‘I think we'd better be going now' Gibbs said to Jenny. She agreed. They said goodbye to everyone and left.
‘Need a ride home Jen?' he asked her.
‘Sure Jethro'



After an hour or so, Everyone had left, but Abby and McGee. They were pashing while dancing slowly (Even with no music).
‘You may be a geek sometime McGee … but you're my geek now' Abby smiled.
‘Glad to hear it' McGee smiled.
‘Come on … let's go home' She yawned.
‘I'll drive you' He said and gathered his stuff.





Tony drove up the driveway and got out. He opened Cate's door for her and led her to the building. On their way to her apartment, the cleaner eyed them suspiciously when they passed.
‘I hope you like it miss' Said the man that they'd spoken to earlier.
‘Like what?' Cate asked Tony.
‘Tony smiled and opened the door to her apartment.
‘Oh my god' She said and looked around. The whole apartment was decorated with flowers, candles and many other lovely things.
‘I made a deal with the man that called you for permission of my visit … I hope you don't mind' He smiled at her reaction.
‘Oh wow' She said. ‘ Thankyou Tony' She hugged him tight.
‘No … thankyou for being my date tonight Cate' He kissed her cheek and returned the hug.
‘Wow … this is to lovely to enjoy by myself … please stay' She asked him.
‘Anything for you' he smiled.
‘I have to have a shower okay? Yu can watch TV until I get back' She smiled and went to her room to get her night gown etc.
‘Sure' He said.
After Cate was in the shower, Tony got up and went to her room. He was too tired for TV. He lay down on the same side he'd woken up on the other day.



Cate came out of the shower and went to the loungroom.
‘Hey Tony … ‘ he wasn't there.
Cate checked the toilet; the door was open … but no Tony. She checked her room … there he was, fast asleep on her bed. She crept up to the bed and sat next to him, on her side.
‘Tony' She whispered. He was out like a light. Cate leaned forward and kissed him on his lips and lay down next to him. Tony felt Cate laying there. He grabbed her and rolled on top of her.
Cate laughed out in surprise. Tony looked down at her and smiled.
‘I scared you Catie' He grinned.
‘That you did' She smiled, even though she hated being called Catie.
‘I'm going to have a shower … okay?' He asked and got off her.
Cate pulled a sad face. Tony laughed and went to have his shower.



Cate heard that the water was still going. She crept into the bathroom (It was her place, so she a had a key. But Tony hadn't locked it anyway). Cate walked over to the shower (Tony couldn't see through the curtains) and just stood there.
‘You nearly done?' She asked.
‘Shit!' Tony yelped and dropped the soap on his foot and hit his elbow on the tiled wall.
‘Hey' cate smiled and peeked around the curtain. Tony frowned at her.
‘And now I have a sore elbow Cate' Tony sighed.
‘Then come here and I'll kiss it better' She teased.
‘I'm naked' Tony said. The hot water cut out. ‘GEEZ!! Cold!' He screamed and leaped out of the shower. Cate passed him a towel.
‘Thanks' Tony said and dried himself.
‘I'll go out while you get dressed' She sighed and went back to the bedroom.



Tony went back into her room after a few minutes and lay down beside her. Cate was lying on her back and starring at the ceiling.
‘Are you okay?' Tony asked in concern.
‘Sure … it's just still a little unbelievable'
‘Same … I'm half waiting to wake up' Tony sighed.
Cate had to test him … she was curious and still in doubt if she was any different to his other women. Cate rolled on top of him and looked down at him in the eyes. She smiled at him cheekily and he smiled back. He raised his hand and moved a strand of hair away from her eyes.
‘You really are beautiful Cate' he said and closed his eyes sheepishly. Cate was convinced. She relaxed and leaned forward to kiss him again. Tony opened his eyes and responded to her kiss.
They parted and Cate let out a yawn. Tony rolled over so he was on top of her again. Cate's doubts returned. Tony was loving this. He could see her doubts and he knew she was testing him. He decided to see what she'd do. He pulled the blankets from under them and placed it over them. Cate now had a look of fear in her eyes. Tony knew she'd doubt if she was any different to the others. Tony smiled at her.
‘You don't seriously think that I was going to treat you like you were just anybody? No way … I love you Cate … you're not a female to just have sex with … you're my angel that knows how to kick my ass' Tony smiled and he felt her relax.
‘Sorry' Cate said, embarrassed.
‘It's okay … I understand your doubt … you've just got to trust me okay?' He asked and smiled at her again.
‘Of course' Cate smiled.
Tony kissed her cheek, then kissed his way down to her neck. He felt her tense slightly. Tony kissed his way down to the low collar of her nightgown and stopped. He looked up at her. She was starring at the ceiling again. Tony smiled. She looked so worried. He didn't like worrying her … but he had to prove himself to her. He leaned forward and kissed her lips slowly. Cate didn't' respond this time. Tony gave up and proceeded to making her assume he was after sex. He got into sitting position (still on top of her, but not putting too much weight on her … he didn't want to her even the slightest). Cate looked like she was about to push him off. Tony was disappointed that she still didn't trust him. He rolled off her and lay on his back again. He frowned and turned over to the other side. Facing away form Cate.
‘Tony?' Cate asked softly and leaned closer to see his face.
‘You don't trust me … do you Cate?' Tony asked and turned to face her a little. Cate looked terrified. ‘Cate? What's wrong?'
‘I … went I was in high school … a guy who I'd assumed loved me … he … nearly raped me … it was close but also very scary' She said through a few tears.
‘Oh Cate … I didn't know … please don't cry' he rolled back over and hugged her.
Cate cried on his shoulder and made him feel really bad.
‘I'm sorry' Cate gasped and tried to stop crying.
‘For what? You didn't do anything Cate … just please … don't cry … I always do something to make you cry' He whispered and stroked her hair.
‘No Tony … please don't think like that' She looked at him and wiped her eyes.
‘Okay … I'll try … do you trust me Cate? I would rather kill myself then to hurt you' he whispered and kissed her nose.
‘Now I do' Cate smiled and kissed him again. Tony yawned and thanked her. He lay down, too tired to stay sitting up. Cate got over her pain of the past and kissed his lips and then his chest and then just above his belly button.
‘Okay … now you're teasing me' Tony said and tried not to loose focus.
‘Maybe' Cate smiled and placed her hand just above his boxers.
‘May I ask what you're doing?'
‘Well … I'm admiring your boxers Tony' Cate said and placed her hand on the center of his boxers.
‘Okay … is there any particular reason to why you are doing that Cate?' Tony asked nervously. He was nervous because he didn't want to do anything in case she was simply teasing him, but nothing more.
Cate placed the blanket back over them. After a few minutes, Cate said it was a bit hot … as the window was shut as well. She took off her night gown so she was only in her bra and undies.
‘That's better … not as hot now' Cate sighed and kissed Tony's chest again.
‘Okay … Cate you're making me nervous … please explain' Tony tried very hard to keep himself in control.
‘I trust you Tony' She whispered in his ear and winked at him.
‘I'm still not sure what you want' Tony said, hoping she wasn't just teasing him.
‘I thought it was clear … sex machine' she whispered again.
‘Are you asking … what I think you're asking?' Tony looked at her suspiciously.
Cate took off her bra and smiled. ‘Guess' she said and looked at him cheekily.
Tony didn't know what to do or say. ‘Um … no thanks … not tonight' Tony yawned. ‘I wouldn't last very long'
‘Good … because I was testing you … again … you've convinced me now' Cate said and put her bra back on.
‘Aw … you really don't have to put that back on Cate' Tony grinned.
Cate frowned. ‘Yes I do … it's cold' She said.
‘Come here' He opened his arms. She lay in his arms and the closeness started to warm her up instantly.
Cate yawned. ‘Although I must say … those women that were your sex partners … they must've been very lucky'
‘You think so?'
‘Yeah … with a body like yours … and now I'm the lucky lady' Cate said.
‘The only difference Cate … is that you own me now and I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon … or ever' Tony kissed her forehead.
‘Sometimes I have a strange feeling that we were meant to be Tony'
‘We were … but we would never admit it in the past' Tony smiled.
‘And now we are together … and I'm glad' Cate was barely awake.
‘I love you Cate' Tony said softly and they both drifted to sleep in each other's arms.
A place that they would stay for a very long time … … …
Chapter End Notes:
I couldn't be bothered with chapters so i turned it into parts. Longer than chapter :)