- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony got bitten by a werewolf and turned into a kitty cat.
Title: Emetib
Chapter 2: Miaow

Rating: FRT 13
Summary: Nothing can prepare the team for what happened on a full moon.
Warnings: supernatural, little bit of humor.
Disclaimer. If I owned the NCIS characters, Tony would wear considerably less clothing, so I'm only borrowing them, and I promise to return them in minty fresh condition when I'm finished.
Notes: Inspired somewhat by the story Issums Bunny on http://ncis.fictionresource.com/index.php
Thanks to Quislet for chapter title suggestions

-------------------

Ducky found it hard to stifle a smile as he sat down at Gibbs kitchen table. Tony the cat was sitting on the table and washing himself unselfconsciously. They had been unable to ascertain as yet whether Tony retained any of his human memories and consciousness, or whether he was simply a common or garden housecat, albeit one who would hopefully turn back into a human at some stage.

So far were-Tony had shown no inclination to do anything other than eat, sleep, and clean himself. Not really much different from human Tony, Gibbs had commented dryly.

"Well it is early days," said Ducky. "This is all new to him as well. He may well be able to transform himself at will. But for now I think we should be thankful that he's harmless."

At that, Tony stopped washing himself and looked straight at Ducky. Shining claws appeared on his fore paws.

"Hmm, it would appear that maybe Tony *does* understand what's going on around him." To Tony he said, "I do apologize Anthony, perhaps I should have said, relatively harmless." To make amends, Ducky reached out and scratched Tony behind the ears, making the were-cat purr happily.

Gibbs was about to say something when they heard a banging at the door.

Tony tensed on the table, tail twitching warily as he looked in the direction of the noise.

"It's okay DiNozzo," said Gibbs, quickly scooping him up. "Ducky, go see who it is and send them away."

-----------------------

"Ducky?" said Kate in surprise. "What are you doing here?" Without waiting for an invitation, she stepped into the house, shaking out her umbrella.

"I was going to ask you the same question. Is something the matter?"

"I've been trying to get in touch with Gibbs all evening. He wasn't answering his cellphone."

"Ah yes," said Ducky, thinking quickly. "He, uh, accidentally dropped it down the stairs and it hasn't worked since."

"Probably chucked it down the stairs deliberately," said Kate, brushing some drops of water from her coat. "I need to speak to him, it's about Collins."

"What about Collins?" Gibbs asked, as he appeared in the hallway, Tony still in his arms.

"He was stopped by a traffic cop this afternoon on a routine stop. Pulled a gun and tried to escape and the patrolman shot him. He's in surgery at Bethesda now and...aww, where did you get that lovely cat?"

Before Gibbs could react, Kate had reached out and plucked Tony from his arms. "I never knew you had a pet. He is soooo adorable. And his eyes...I don't think I've ever seen a cat with eyes this blue."

Ducky tried to stifle a snort of laughter as he watched Tony snuggle in close to Kate's chest.

"I'm looking after him for a friend," snapped Gibbs.

"Well he's lovely," said Kate, stroking Tony gently. "Oh and you must be hungry..."

"What makes you say that, Caitlin?" asked Ducky.

"Well the way he's sort of kneading my chest...that's what cats do when they're hungry. It's from when they're kittens and trying to get their mother to give milk." Kate saw the expressions on the guy's faces and said, "What? We had pet cats when I was a kid. Trust me, I know what they do."

This time Ducky couldn't control the burst of laughter.
Kate was looking blankly at them. "What? Hey, do either of you know where DiNozzo is? I've been trying to reach him all evening as well."

Gibbs had a resigned tone in his voice as he said; "You're holding him in your arms."

Kate looked at the cat then at Gibbs then at Tony.

"He was bitten by a werewolf last month. Tonight he turned into a were-cat."

Kate burst out laughing, but her laughter died away as she saw the serious expression on Gibbs face. "Wait...you're serious...you mean..." She looked down at the cat in her arms and could have sworn she saw it grin. Then she reacted as would any woman who had just been told that she was holding a were-cat that was really her co-worker in her arms. She squealed "Ewee, DiNozzo!!!" and threw him away from her.

Tony reacted as would any cat who'd just been chucked to the floor. Landing on his feet, he hissed and spat at Kate before making a run for the open door and disappearing into the rainy night.

----------------------

"Tony!" yelled Gibbs, as he ran to the doorway, but the cat was nowhere to be seen. "Goddammit!" He turned to Kate. "What the hell did you do that for?"

"Hey, it wasn't your breasts he was groping. I didn't know he'd run like that," Kate snapped back.

"We have to find him, Jethro," said Ducky, picking up his coat. "He has no idea how to survive out there. Not to mention the embarrassment if he changes back to human form unexpectedly."

"Okay, Ducky you go up the block, I'll go down. Phone me if you find him."

"Wait, Gibbs. What about Collins?" Kate asked.

"You said he was in surgery...is he going to make it?"

"Probably not," admitted Kate. "He was in a bad way last I heard. The patrol officer swears he only shot him once, but that the guy was bleeding from what looked like a whole clip."

"Good," said Gibbs. Seeing her face he explained, "Ducky thinks that killing the were who sired Tony could break the curse. If Collins dies, then Tony might change back."

"I only said it was a theory, Jethro. At the moment I'm more worried about the fact that Collins is evidently not invulnerable in either lupine or human form...and that probably means that neither is Tony."

"Okay, Kate, you get over to Bethesda. Stay there until Collins is either dead or able to talk. And whatever you do, make damn sure they keep him out of the moonlight!"

-----------------------

To be continued
Chapter End Notes:
Inspired by James wonderful Issums Bunny series