- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs thinks about the last few months...
Gibbs entered the bullpen really pissed. There was more than one reason to be in a bad mood for Leroy Jethro Gibbs in the past few months.

First his best Agent nearly died. Only a few weeks later one of his Agents, one of his friends got shot. Then it wasn't even him who killed the murderer. As if that wasn't enough the new Director, his ex, had forced him to take a new team member. Ziva David, Mossad. Sure, he owed her alot since she killed her half brother to safe him but still, she wasn't Kate.

But worse than anything else he had a fight with DiNozzo nearly every day. Arguments, yes, he was used to that. But since Kate's death they weren't just arguments, they were real fights. Somehow Gibbs had the feeling that Tony tried to find a reason to leave.

He was three years at NCIS. The longest time he had stayed anywhere and Gibbs wasn't willing to let him go. Not now.

Gibbs shook his head trying to get rid of those thoughts which haunted him for too long. Why the hell was he giving the younger man such a hard time when he didn't want him to leave? Why did he care anyway?

Sure, Tony was an exceptional good Agent. Gibbs‘ team had been certainly the best of NCIS Washington. They were fitting together extremly well and Gibbs was proud on them. But the loss of Kate seemed to destroy their dynamic. It seemed to built a wall between him and Tony. A wall between their minds which worked together so well.

Something big had changed. He had been working with Tony for nearly two years before Kate came but now it seemed that she was the thing which kept them together. Or she was the thing which kept them apart. Gibbs just couldn't put his finger on it. Somehow Kate seemed to take the tension between him and Tony.

His gaze wandered through the room. Ziva was sitting at Kate's desk. It still was Kate's desk. McGee was working on his computer. And Tony. Tony was sitting in his chair, staring into thin air.

Gibbs felt a familiar tickle in his stomach. Well, quite familiar. He had never felt it as strong.

‚No! That can't be true!‘ he thought and in the same moment the younger man's expression changed to shock and knowledge.

"Found the resolution to all problems of the world?"

Gibbs was now standing in front of Tony's desk. Ziva and McGee had jumped at his bark but Tony only looked up at him in shock. But very soon Tony's expression changed again into something worse than anger. It was that bad that Gibbs thought the younger man was going to hit him when Tony stood up very slowly.

"I need a coffee."

Tony said toneless.

Tony needed coffee? Something was very, very wrong!

TBC
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to Eve.
No at the moment there isn't more...