- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs knew himself too good to think that this time he wouldn't make any mistakes. He also knew that it was hard to get along with him. And moreover Tony wasn't always a sunshine, either. Gibbs didn't even want to think about the moods the other man surely sometimes had.
After hitting the elevator button ten minutes Abby had decided to take the stairs.

She stormed into the bullpen not waiting for anybody to say anything.

"Where are they?"

McGee looked confused at her.

"Who?"

"Gibbs and Tony! Tony went pissed into the elevator and Gibbs was standing in there. I think Tony didn't notice!"

"You mean Tony is in there with Gibbs?"

McGee asked frightened. Ziva only looked confused between the two friends.

"Somebody could enlight me, please?"

"Pissed Tony. Pissed Gibbs. Very small room?"

Abby said annoyed.

"Oh, not good, huh?"

"No, Ziva! Not good!"

McGee answered calm before Abby would freak out.

"We can't do anything until Gibbs decides to come back."

He continued knowing his boss' habit with the energy button.

Abby sighed.

"You think they will kill each other?"


Gibbs' tongue was exploring Tony's mouth for about fifteen minutes but neither of them cared. The barely broke for air and they always only took one breath before returning to the kiss afraid that reality could hit them off guard.

But eventually Gibbs had to break for longer than a second and it really did hit him. He was kissing Tony. He wasn't just his team mate. He was his subordiant.

Gibbs knew himself too good to think that this time he wouldn't make any mistakes. He also knew that it was hard to get along with him. And moreover Tony wasn't always a sunshine, either. Gibbs didn't even want to think about the moods the other man surely sometimes had.

"Tony..."

He said but didn't knew how to go on. Tony leant against the wall eyes closed breathing hard. His lungs still hadn't their old volume and he was out of breath faster than he was used to. But anyway he looked just too hot like that to reject.

But now the younger man opened his eyes. The sparkle had returned stronger than it ever was and Gibbs hated himself that he had to destroy this moment.

"We can't do that, Tony. I wish we could, but I'm your boss."

"I can quit."

Tony's answer came fast. Gibbs knew that more than probably Tony had been thinking about that some time longer.

"I don't want you to quit. You love this job. And I couldn't take the responsability of that if this isn't working out."

Tony tried to look in his lover's eyes. But for the first time in about three years Gibbs avoided eye contact.

"You seem sure that it doesn't work out."

"Yeah. Three marriages to proof."

Gibbs answered cold.

Tony seemed a bit hurt.

"I'm not one of your ex wives. And I certainly don't wanna become one of them. Besides, I wouldn't hit you with a golf club, maybe billard cue in a bar if you would break up but not with a golf club."

Gibbs smiled a bit. He knew that Tony just tried to light up the mood but this wasn't working, it mustn't be working.

"No, Tony, seriously."

"I am serious, don't you see that? You think we can just go on and don't give it a try?"

Gibbs hit the energy button and the elevator started to move.

"As I said, Tony. We can't give it a try."

Gibbs could see the anger in Tony's eyes and as soon as the door opened the younger man was off to the bathroom.


Abby and McGee turned half in fear half in expectation towards the elevator when they heard the "Ding".

Quite like expected Tony stormed past them really pissed without a single word.

But Abby's eyes were fixed on Gibbs. He slowly exited the elevator and followed Tony with his eyes. He looked older than he ever had and very tired.

Abby wanted an explanation for those wierd actions of both her friends but she knew that neither Tony nor Gibbs would tell her except on their own pace. But first they surely both had to calm down.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to Eve.
No at the moment there isn't more...