- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and Tony at home. Little loving.
Gibbs left the office fifteen minutes before McGee did. It was the first and hopefully only time he'd left the office before all members of his team had headed home. He'd always made a habit of being the last to leave, making sure everything was taken care of so that his team could start fresh the next day. But tonight, he needed the extra time if he was going to have things ready before Tony got to his place from Abby's.

Gibbs didn't believe in the benefits of aromatherapy. It was just so much new age bullshit as far as he was concerned. But he liked the scented candles Tony would light from time to time. The light fragrance would subtly permeate the apartment, lingering long after Tony extinguished the flames. It was soothing and comfortable in its familiarity; it was the scent of home, and Gibbs wanted Tony to have that sense of security have spending time in a cell as a murder suspect.

So the first thing Gibbs did when he got to Tony's place was light the candles. There were three his lover typically used. Gibbs wasn't quite sure what the actual fragrances were or why it took all three to create the one scent he wanted, he just lit the ones he'd seen Tony use the most often.

The reddish colored one was always in the living room. It sat on the top of the entertainment center in what looked like an antique silver bowl. The reflective metal was enough to brighten the small flame, adding to the soft glow.

Tony periodically moved the pale green one around the apartment. Gibbs wasn't sure why; he'd never asked. He was just glad he had no trouble finding it the small bookshelf. It was in a similar silver bowl as the reddish one, and the light it cast added illumination to both the living room and the hallway.

The third was a light purple. It was always in the bedroom, usually the last one Tony extinguished at night. Instead of a silver bowl the candle was set inside what looked like very thinly carved alabaster globe. It cast a pattern of light and shadow on the wall that resembled twinkling stars.

Gibbs moved on to checking the fridge to see what Louisa stocked it with. He wondered some times if the woman was psychic. She always seemed to know when Tony's appetite would need a little extra tempting. The top shelf had a Tupperware container filled with Tony's favorite comfort food, spaghetti and meatballs.

He set the table but didn't warm anything up yet. Gibbs wasn't sure if Tony would want to eat right away when he got home. Knowing his lover, he'd want a shower first. A good long soak in hot water would be better.

It shouldn't be too hard to convince him a bath would be a good idea, Gibbs decided with a smile, especially not if I offered to join him. Tony seemed to really like sharing the tub. Gibbs liked it too, more than he ever expected.

His ex-wives usually regarded baths as solo affairs. They were interested in their own personal down time, something he wasn't often included in. He knew he wasn't the easiest person to live with, and tried to be understanding of their need for time away from him. But Tony...he seemed to regard time alone with Gibbs as something precious, something to be savored. Gibbs was most definitely part of the younger man's down time.

Maybe it was because they so rarely had the chance to let down their guard with each other. All the time spent at the office was as teammates, not as lovers. So much care had to be taken not to overstep the lines of propriety. When they had the chance to just be themselves, neither man really wanted to spend time apart. Whatever the reason, Gibbs was just very glad the feeling was mutual.

Gibbs would wait to draw the bath until Tony got home. No point in having the water get cold. Or all the bubbles to lose their foam, he thought with a small laugh. Kelley had loved bubble baths, and he found Tony's similar enjoyment just as endearing.

Gibbs grabbed one of the larger towels Tony had and took it into the bedroom. He placed it and the bottle of massage oil on the nightstand in plain sight. He knew Tony loved having a massage, but his lover never outright asked for one. Hell for that matter, he rarely hinted he wanted one. Gibbs wasn't sure why; he added it to the list of things he needed to ask Tony about. At least with the massage oil and towel sitting where Tony could see it would be obvious Gibbs was offering him one; all the had to do was say yes.

Shannon had often asked Gibbs for a massage. He even went so far as to take a class or two when she was pregnant. The doctor suggested it as a way of helping Shannon deal with lower back pain and swollen feet.

Satisfied that things were as ready as they were going to get, Gibbs striped out of his clothes. He shrugged into the robe Tony had given him. Being in the robe would give Tony another clue that he was more than happy to take a bath and relax with him. Words he wasn't always so good with, so Gibbs was working on getting better at letting his actions speak for him.

He ran his fingers lightly over the sleeves of the robe. Gibbs loved the feel of it against his skin. He sighed, enjoying the smooth silk. He really needed to look at getting one for his house.

Gibbs headed back out to the living room. He eyed the TV warily. He moved on to the stereo, feeling more confident of his ability to use it. All he had to do with the stereo was hit the power button and cue up the right CD. It held a selection of over 60 CD's that Tony occasionally shuffled with the rest of his collection. But he always kept the styles in the same order.

Gibbs knew the first twenty would be a mix of old and new rock and roll. From there, up to thirty-five, would be blues and jazz. After that it was big, band and swing. The last ten would be would be something instrumental. They could be new age or classical. Gibbs never knew for sure what exactly he'd find there, but those were the ones he wanted. Something light, melodic, that could easily become background.

He smiled when the soft stains of an alto flute began filtering through the speakers. There was a time when Gibbs hadn't even known there was such a thing as an alto flute much less be able to recognize the sound of one. Tony had done more to broaden his musical horizons than anyone else in his life ever had.

He turned when he heard the door open. He watched his lover slip inside, blue eyes narrowing as he gave Tony a thorough examination. Gibbs winced seeing the lack of animation in his lover. It was unnatural to see his shoulders slumped, his expression painfully neutral as though he were forcing himself to not think or feel. Damn.

Tony tiredly shrugged out of his jacket, carelessly hanging it on a hook. He kicked off his shoes with a sigh. The shadows under his eyes were so dark they almost looked like bruises. Fine lines bracketed his mouth; lines Gibbs was sure hadn't been there when he left the office.

"Hey," Gibbs called out softly as he approached his lover.

Tony's head came up immediately, shoulders squaring. Gibbs almost hated to see him do that. He was momentarily worried it meant the younger man was going to try and hide the effects of the last few days rather than willingly let Gibbs help. But then Tony smiled. It was a smile Tony reserved just for Gibbs. It was a strange blend of hesitancy and welcome, brassy and shy.

"You're home." Tony sounded delighted and relieved.

"Yeah." Gibbs pulled him into a hug. Tony went willingly, wrapping his arms around Gibbs to burrow in closer, head resting on Gibbs' shoulder.

Gibbs hand rose to cup the back of Tony's head. He lightly stroked the short, soft hair. "You hungry?" Gibbs asked quietly, fingers moving to rub Tony's neck.

"Not really." Tony raised his head. "Was thinking a bath first."

"Sure." Gibbs agreed easily.

"You want to join me?" Tony waggled his eyebrows, patting Gibbs' silk covered chest. "Know you like that big old tub, Jethro. I'll even let you play with my rubber ducky."

Gibbs chuckled, like he had to be lured into it. "You don't have a rubber ducky, Tony."

Tony laughed, eyes warming to moss green. He leaned in, lips just a hairs breath from Gibbs. "Well, okay...I don't have a ducky, but I'm sure I can find something for you to play with."

Gibbs captured Tony's mouth in a fierce kiss, unable to resist the temptation being offered. Even though he initiated the kiss, Gibbs wasn't in control of it. Tony's hands moved to cup his face, tilting his head for a better angle, his tongue caressing the roof of Gibbs' mouth and making him moan. He'd never realized what a hot spot that was for him until meeting Tony. His young lover seemed to take delight in locating every spot on his body that made him gasp, moan, or shudder. Tony found an impressive number of them, and had an astonishing ability to remember each and every one.

He was gasping when Tony finally pulled back. Tony rested his forehead against Gibbs'; his breathing uneven and ragged. "God, I missed this."

"Me too."

Technically, it had only been a day and a little more since they'd last kissed. It had felt like a lifetime, especially when they didn't know for sure when, or if, they'd get the chance to be this close ever again.

"C'mon." Gibbs tugged on Tony's arm. He wasn't going to think about what might have happened. And he definitely didn't want Tony to dwell on it either. "Let's get that bath."

Tony followed him easily. He hesitated for a moment in the hallway making Gibbs look over his shoulder, raising an eyebrow. "You lit the candles."

"Yeah." Gibbs answered even though it was more a statement than a question.

Tony's smile was soft, his eyes taking on a glow that only appeared when something surprised and pleased him. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." The older man was constantly amazed at how little it took to make Tony happy.

Gibbs started the bath water, making sure to set the temperature for what Tony preferred. As stiff as he felt, Gibbs didn't think he'd mind the heat much himself either. He tossed in a handful of bath salts. He had no idea what the hell they were supposed to do, but they smelled nice and Tony liked them.

Tony reached around him to pour a generous amount of bubble bath into the tub. It began to foam immediately, reminding Gibbs of the froth generated by wave action against a rocky shore. It was just part of the appeal, he thought with an inner smile.

Gibbs shrugged out of his robe, hanging it in the usual place on the back of the door. He watched as Tony striped out of his clothes, carelessly tossing them into a pile rather than into the hamper. Gibbs raised an eyebrow in askance. His lover wasn't overly neat, but he rarely missed the hamper, and certainly not on purpose.

"Was thinking I'd rather burn them than wash them." Tony looked away, hands making a helpless gesture. "Haven't made up my mind yet."

Gibbs understood the desire to get rid of things now tainted by a negative association, but he wasn't sure if he should argue or agree. He opted for what seemed like sound, neutral advice, "Sleep on it."

Tony looked up, once more making eye contact. "I'd planned to."

Gibbs nodded. He tested the temperature of the water with his fingers. It was more than hot enough. He turned off the water. They'd found out the hard way just how much was too much. Gibbs chuckled. Having to mop up the bathroom floor hadn't ruined the mood any, but it had nearly resulted in a change of venue.

"What?" Tony asked, arms wrapped around Gibbs waist, a soft kiss placed on his shoulder.

"Remember the first time we did this?" Gibbs raised his hands to capture Tony's, pulling him in just a little closer.

Tony snickered. Gibbs could feel his lover hiding his face between his shoulders. "That was not my fault." That declaration was mumbled against his skin.

"You could have said something."

"I did," Tony protested, pulling away.

Gibbs looked over his shoulder. "Before we got in the tub."

Tony rolled his eyes, a smile lurking about the corner of his mouth. "Picky, picky." Tony waved a hand. "Get in already."

Gibbs stepped into the tub, hissing in response to the hot water. His toes were definitely more sensitive to the temperature than his fingers had been. He eased himself into sitting down, adjusting to the heat before offering a hand to Tony, inviting the younger man to join him.

Tony grinned, taking Gibbs hand. He stepped into the tub, moving carefully to situate himself between the older man's legs. He leaned back, resting against Gibbs' chest, huffing out a playfully breath so that some of the bubbles became airborne. They made it to the edge of the tub, reflecting rainbows briefly before popping against the side.

Gibbs grabbed the washcloth. He lathered it before taking Tony's right hand in his. He very carefully washed each of the long, elegant digits, massaging as he went. He spent time just rubbing the fleshy area between Tony's thumb and forefinger. Gibbs had found out by accident that it was something of a personal trigger point; massaging that area almost always got Tony to relax even when he didn't want to.

Gibbs loved the level of trust implied when more of Tony's weight settled into him. Tony's head tipped back to rest on Gibbs' shoulder. The older man couldn't resist nibbling on the pulse point of Tony's neck. Tony turned his head, clearly giving him permission to continue. Gibbs sucked hard enough to leave a mark.

He released Tony's hand to lazily rub the washcloth up his arm. He bypassed his lover's chest in favor of giving his left hand the same treatment he'd given the right. Tony released a breath with a long sigh of contentment, tension easing out of his shoulders.

"Love it when you do that."

Gibbs smiled. "I know." He sucked on Tony's earlobe, then blew across it. Goosebumps rose along Tony's skin in reaction.

He moved the washcloth to Tony's chest. Gibbs rubbed in slow circles, gradually zeroing in on one of Tony's nipples. He played with first one than the other, enjoying the way his lover responded to him.

Tony arched his back, mutely asking for more. Gibbs abandoned the washcloth, pinching and rolling those tight little nubs between his fingers. He sucked on Tony's earlobe, nipping with his teeth before licking away the small hurt he'd caused.

Tony moaned, his hands gripping and releasing the sides of the tub. His hips were moving lazily, brushing his ass and lower back against Gibbs' hardening erection. The play of hot water and then smooth skin over the head of his cock was a delightful torture. He found himself mimicking Tony's relaxed thrusts, moving easily with him.

Gibbs moved his hands down Tony's soapy torso, caressing his abs, brushing his hips and tops of his thighs, skipping his groin before heading back up. Tony whimpered, clearly wanting more.

"Touch yourself," Gibbs whispered hoarsely. "Show me how you like it."

Gibbs was intimately familiar with just how Tony liked to be touched; he knew how rough to be, how tight to hold, how fast to move. But he also liked to watched Tony do it himself.

"You...are a closet...voyeur." The smirk was obvious in Tony's breathless voice.

"Just for you." Gibbs nuzzled Tony's neck. He didn't care if he ever saw another picture of a naked body or porn film. Tony was who turned his crank. "And you like to show off, don't try to tell me different."

"Just for you." Tony echoed Gibbs earlier statement, shifting just enough to be able to capture Gibbs lips in a sloppy, passionate kiss.

Tony pulled back. The wicked gleam in his eyes the only warning the older man got before Tony turned around so that he faced Gibbs, somehow managing to pull it off without ever really losing contact. The water sloshed wildly for a moment, bubbles rolling with the motion, but never quite escaping the confines of the tub. Tony wrapped his legs around Gibbs' waist and pulled him forward a little. It brought their groins as close together as possible without Tony actually sitting in Gibbs' lap.

"No reason why I can't do us both," Tony grinned, long fingers of his right hand encircling both their erections.

Gibbs nodded, unwilling to trust his voice. The water and bubbles alternately added and eased the friction as Tony started to stroke them both. Tony moved his other hand around Gibbs back, fingers drifting south until they lightly brushed against his opening. He rimmed the sensitive area with his tips of his fingers, teasing with the promise of more. Gibbs bit his lower lip, trying to hold in the little whimpers of pleasure that fought to escape.

"Like that?"

He just wasn't sure he could get anything that resembled words out, so Gibbs opted for a jerky nod. Like it? Oh he more than liked it. Gibbs whimpered, too caught up the moment to care how needy and desperate he sounded.

Tony continued to stroke their aligned cocks, movements deft and sure. Gibbs moaned, head tipping forward to rest on Tony's shoulder when one finger breached his entrance, massaging the tight ring of muscle. Gibbs hips rocked backward and then forward, torn between the two sensations, both sparking jolts of pleasure through him.

Wanting to give Tony as much as he was getting, Gibbs reached around to caress the younger man's back before migrating to his ultimate goal. He fingered the small puckered opening, easing his way in and out, moving with his lover's lazy hip thrusts. His other hand focused on Tony's left nipple, alternating pinching and pulling, matching his movements to the hand stroking their cocks; up, pinch, down, pull, back and forth, in and out.

Tony murmured something indistinct against Gibbs' ear, his voice husky and raw. All Gibbs could make out was ?please', the rest was in Italian, but message was clear enough. He wasn't sure who was leading now as they began moving faster, touches less teasing and more aggressive, focused and intent.

Gibbs could feel small tremors starting to ripple though Tony. Muscles twitched and flexed at random, tightening with a familiar, well loved intensity. Gibbs could feel himself reacting to Tony's burgeoning orgasm as though caught in a feedback loop. He loved that feeling, knowing he was in sync with Tony.

Gibbs gasped when Tony added a second finger, chest arching in surprised pleasure. He shuddered. "Please...Please...Please," Gibbs wasn't even sure exactly what he was asking for, but he couldn't stop repeating the request.

Tony seemed to understand. The spiral of rising ecstasy continued to build. Gibbs could feel the tingle at the base of his spine, could feel it rising and spreading until it flashed white behind his eyes.

He bit Tony's shoulder, muffling his cry of completion, clenching Tony tightly to him. He felt as well as heard Tony's own climax a moment later.

Gibbs struggled to get his breathing under control. He ran his hand up and down Tony's back, soothing away the aftershocks that often flowed through him after a very intense orgasm. Gibbs kissed the bite mark he'd made, glad he hadn't done any more damage than create a bruise that would fade in a day or so.

"You okay?" Gibbs whispered.

"Okay?" Tony laughed quietly. "I'm golden, Jethro."

Gibbs grinned. He placed a soft kiss on Tony's temple. "Good."

"Very," Tony agreed with another soft laugh. He sighed. "Water is getting cold."

He nodded. It wasn't really cool by Gibbs' standard, but it was definitely by Tony's. Gibbs turned on the hot water, reaching for the wand as he pulled the plug. He rinsed away the evidence of their love making and the bubbles.

Tony rose gracefully to his feet, offering a hand to Gibbs. He took Tony's hand, making a conscious effort not to look at him. A naked, wet Tony was a thing of beauty, but if he looked, they'd never get to dinner. The rumbling growl from Tony's stomach was enough to let Gibbs know he'd made the right decision.

"Hungry?"

Tony shrugged, looking a bit sheepish. "Yeah."

"Louisa left spaghetti and meatballs in the fridge." Gibbs tossed him a towel before grabbing one for himself. He was still fond of that heated towel rack, enjoying the feeling of the warm terrycloth against his bare skin.

"Awesome." Tony grinned brightly. Gibbs felt his heart beat a little faster just from the simple, open joy on Tony's face. He never tired of seeing that expression.

"I need to send her flowers or something."

You're not the only one, Gibbs thought with a smile. He grabbed his robe. "C'mon. Dinner's waiting."
Chapter End Notes:
This is part of the Risky Series. Follows Covering the Risk