- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The Courting is not going well
Gibbs woke the next morning, stiff from the firm mattress in the hotel room. He missed Tony in the bed, but their nap yesterday had made up for that. He knew that would be the last time something like that would happen for a long while. He also knew that today he started his winning of Tony's heart. He was about to make Tony feel and be the only person in the world.

He didn't have to worry about Abby or Kelly but he did anyway. They were his daughters, but his mother would make sure they were well taken care of. Today at 4:00 Gibbs was expected to be at the family farmhouse and be ready for High Tea. His mother always loved High Tea, even as far back as he could remember. It was the only time he and his brother and their mother had the house alone. Their father wasn't home from work yet. It would be all three of them and they would dress up, nothing too fancy but a nice shirt and a nice pair of pants.

Then one day his dad came home early and almost beat their mother to death for making his boys fags. As he would say, High Tea was a stupid and sissy idea. His brother agreed and never attended anymore after that. He did; he liked it, not for what it was or the weird foods but for the time with his mother and no yelling in the house.

Gibbs' brother moved to California and now had his own family. They never talked. After Jethro attacked their father, he and his brother never spoke a word to one another. Not even at the funeral. Gibbs knew that his brother blamed their mother for all the fighting and thought that if she would have just played nice and not talked back to their dad, he never would have beat her. Gibbs always wondered if he was like that with his current wife. That would be his fourth, if he remembered correctly. Gibbs was a year older than his brother. He could hear his brother now about how their mother turned him into a fag and this was a sissy custom. He was glad his brother lived so far away; he was not welcome in the house any longer and it pained their mother to even hear his name.

Gibbs had a lot he wanted to get done today before 4:00. He got himself dressed in a nice pair of khaki slacks and a T-shirt. He was planning on picking up a polo shirt at the mall. He wanted to get Tony a gift and he would have to go to the mall. He was going to have to go to the next county since he knew that this mall didn't have a Sharper Image for what he needed. He also wanted to make sure to get a few other things, just to have for gifts. Shirts, pants, even a pair of silk boxers. Those would be a later gift, as to give it at this time would not go over well with his mother since she would have to approve of the gift and decide if it was fit for her son; Tony her son. Gibbs smiled at that; he had a family again and he was not letting it go.

Gibbs got into the car and drove over. He called in and checked with Kate. Come to find out that the guy that beat up Tony had also popped the family in the case that they were working on. Gibbs wasn't happy but in a way he was since now they could bring the asshole in and question him and Tony would not feel like he was in trouble.

Gibbs got to the mall. He didn't know a damn thing about electronics, but he knew about one of the things at the center.

‘Shit,' Gibbs thought. He would have to call them and let them know that he and Tony would be out of town for a while, that a family emergency had come up. He would call in the morning.

He got to the Sharper Image store and told the guy what he wanted. They had one left and Gibbs didn't care, he didn't even ask the price, he just bought it. After buying the gift he walked out and then he walked into the Banana Republic; they had polos in their window and Gibbs bought himself ten, all in different colors. He let the sales lady pick them out. He picked out the ones he wanted for Tony. He made sure they would accent his eyes or his skin tone. He could care less for himself but he wanted Tony to look good. He would get to take Tony out on a real dinner date one time again and he wanted Tony looking the best man in the place.

Gibbs then stopped in Spencer's and got Kelly a few things. He then saw Hot Topic and saw a teddy bear that Abby would love. It was in leather and chaps and had a whip. It was almost life-size but he knew his eldest little girl would love it. Then Gibbs went to the local card store and asked if they had cards for the blind. He was pleasantly surprised they had a few. The lady also said that the local Kinkos might be able to print custom ones out She was not sure but it was a good idea to look into. Gibbs got the two cards they had. Both were thinking of you cards and that fit. In this stage of courting, love was there but not to be stated just yet.

Gibbs drove over to Kinkos like the lady said and they did work with Braille and he could make cards right there and have them printed in Braille and puffed images. He sat down and spent a few hours with the technician and came up with quite a few cards for Tony from Jethro.

Then Gibbs went out for lunch. The waitress was a redhead but Gibbs didn't even notice. He ate his lunch and just relaxed. He still had two hours to get over to the house. It would take him about twenty minutes to get back to the hotel and unpack and getting ready would take less than five minutes. He just relaxed in the restaurant. The redhead liked him and was flirting with him and Gibbs didn't even notice. He would have needed to be hit with a clue-by-four to notice her. He was off the market and wasn't looking for anyone else.

Gibbs went back to the hotel and took all the gifts in. He'd made sure to get boxes and ribbon for everything to wrap each gift when he was ready to give it. Today's gift was going to be his big gift. He knew that would make Tony happy but would also make him feel the most uncomfortable and he would need time to get used to it. Plus this way he could start large and then he could do little things, then another big one would be the ring at the end. Start big and end big. He would do just like his mother asked and he would gladly take Tony's last name, if in name only, but if he needed he would get it legally changed.

Gibbs took a shower. He was washing himself and thinking about the nap they'd shared the day before, Tony's hard body lying in his arms. Gibbs wasn't even sure how Tony kept his body like that; he knew he never worked out and he would not eat the best.

Gibbs' hand started rubbing up and down his chest and a hand found a nipple and he stared lightly twisting one. His other hand moved between his legs and he started stroking slowly and just thinking about the back rub he'd gotten from Tony on their first date. It wasn't sexual beyond the point of Tony touching every part of him. His cumming twice was just a side effect of his reaction to Tony's touch. Tony hadn't been trying to get Gibbs to ejaculate but that was what had happened; twice.

Gibbs hand started moving faster now. His other hand still on his hard nipple; he was almost pulling it and his breathing was getting heavier. His hand moved faster and faster and Gibbs moved into the realm of fantasy now and while Tony turned him over he started kissing Tony's chest. Tony was a tactile person and he knew that touch would make Tony go over the edge. Gibbs ran his hands up Tony's furry chest. He stopped for a spilt second; this was the first man he'd ever dated that had hair on his chest and he liked it more. It made Tony more human in his eyes. Gibbs' mouth latched on and was licking the nipple now of Tony. Gibbs' hand on his own cock was moving faster and almost would hurt someone else.

Gibbs was moaning aloud now.

"Oh, God." And Gibbs shot his load on the wall and almost fell from being weak in the knees. ‘Oh, God, that was great,' Gibbs thought.

He finished washing himself and got out and got ready. He was going to stop in the barn before going into the house; there was always sawdust in there. The farmhand Momma hired in the summer and at times in the winter was always building or fixing a fence or something. He would make that scent happen. He tried picking up cologne but there was nothing like sawdust.

Gibbs got ready and headed out after trying to watch the bad signal TV he had in his room. All he could rent was porn and it was nothing he would care about anymore anyway. He drove over to the house and found Kelly out playing in the front yard.

"Poppy, Poppy!" Kelly was jumping at the door, waiting for him to get out. After he was out of the car she hugged her father.

"Hey there, Angel, how are you today? You listening to your Daddy, Abby and Grams?"

"Yes, sir."

"That's my Angel."

"You're early."

"Yup. I needed to get something from the barn first."

"Can I come? I like the barn."

"Okay, honey, sure," and Gibbs picked up his daughter and carried her to the barn with him. He still had on the cheap T-shirt.

"Is that what you're wearing?"

He was also carrying a bag in his hand. "Nope, but I want to change in the barn. You'll see why, Angel."

They walked out to the barn. He could tell his mother was watching him to see what he was up to. He disappeared into the barn but Kelly was with him.

"Poppy, what are you doing?"

"You'll see. Here, let's put you down so I can finish getting dressed." Gibbs found a spot where there was fresh sawdust that was clean. He removed his shirt, then picked some up and rubbed it between his fingers.

"What are you doing, Poppy?"

"Well, your dad likes the scent of sawdust."

"That's sneaky."

"Yup, and since the boat is not here, well…" He was now brushing it off himself with his old shirt. He rubbed it on his chest and then he pulled out a red polo for today and put it on.

"You look nice, Poppy."

"Thanks, Angel. I have a gift for Daddy in the car, so how about you go in since I have to start acting all formal."

"Grams said I get to sit between you both."

"Good, I miss you. You know that?"

"I miss you, too. Grams said soon, if you behave, you can stay over."

"Good. Give me a hug and run to the house."

Kelly ran up to her father and hugged him.

"I love you, Angel." He kissed her head.

"Love you, too, Poppy." And the little girl ran out of the barn.

Gibbs tucked his shirt in and walked back to the car, threw the old shirt in and got Tony's gift. He'd gotten the gift and the card in Braille. He walked up to the front of the house and rang the door bell. Abby answered. She was all in black, but it was a nice dress.

"Hello, sir. Grams has asked me to have you sit in the parlor for a moment."

"Thanks. Can a father get a hug from his daughter for a moment?"

"Sure, Daddy," and Abby hugged her father, both giving a bear hug.

"Abby, if you want, there is a gift for you and Kelly in the back of my car. If you are permitted to let me stay in the parlor alone, go and get them."

"Thanks, Daddy." Abby ran out the door like a kid at Christmas.

Gibbs smiled and showed himself to the parlor. When he arrived he had to sit on the edge of the chair. Abby came running back in, squealing like a little girl.

"Daddy, this is so great! Where did you get it?"

"A store called Hot Topic." Gibbs had stood the moment Abby had entered the room.

She went running upstairs and put the bear in her and Kelly's room and brought Kelly her gift. Kelly got a Lava Lamp from Spencer's and she just loved it. Gibbs could hear her in the kitchen. A moment later Momma walked in and again Gibbs shot up and was standing.

"Thank you for coming. Young Tony is still getting ready. He wanted to make sure Capp's coat was perfect and she has a full undercoat."

Gibbs cracked a smile.

"Lee you can act normal, just remember manners. Now, give your mother a hug and kiss."

Jethro walked over and did just that.

"The gifts you got for your daughters were great."

"Thanks. I was shopping all day."

"You hate to shop."

"I know, but you said gifts, so I went out and bought half the mall."

"Leroy."

"Momma, he is very special to me. I fucked up, and I really don't deserve a man like him. He is just so caring and giving and doesn't even see that I fucked up."

"Well, I'm glad you did. That young man is lovely and I'm proud to call him a son. Unlike those first and third wives of yours."

"Hey, let's not bring them up. I messed up, and I'm now paying for it, two alimonies. Did Abby tell you about Kelly and getting custody?"

"Yes, she did. I know that you'll win, Jethro."

They both turned and saw the handsome man walk in, also in a red polo and a pair of slacks as well. Both Jethro and Momma smiled. Gibbs walked up to him and took his hand and kissed the back of the hand.

"You look lovely today, Anthony," Gibbs said.

Tony blushed. "Thank you, Jethro."

"Please have a seat."

Kelly was walking into the room with Abby right behind her, almost mirroring Kelly's movements. Kelly had the tray of tea and crumpets. Abby was making sure she didn't spill it.

"Thank you."

Tony sat on the one sofa and Gibbs sat on the other side. Gibbs knew that taking the hand and kissing it was acceptable, but that was it.

"Anthony, I would like-"

"Jethro, please, it's Tony."

"Fine, then, Tony, if you will call me Lee; only my mother ever calls me that."

"I would be-" and Tony got all choked up.

"It's okay, Tony, if you wish not to."

"No, I'm good, really, I am."

Kelly put the tray on the table in front of them. Momma was sitting in the chair next to Gibbs.

"Shall I pour?"

"Yes, please. I'd like one sugar and a little cream."

"Tony, you?"

"Just a sugar, please," Tony said like he was asking a question.

"Tony, will you permit me to present a favor to you?" Gibbs asked.

He looked at his mother, who nodded, and Gibbs got up and walked around the table and stood in front of Tony.

"Tony, I give you this as a token of my affection for you."

Tony reached out his hands. Gibbs met them and gave Tony the gift.

Tony opened the gift as Gibbs returned to his seat and took the cup of tea that his mother handed him. Kelly got to sit between them and she was handed a cup of tea. When Tony opened the gift, Abby started making high pitched sounds.

"Oh, my God, oh, my God, Daddy that's a-"

"Yes. Tony, it's a Blackberry for the blind. It will let you have a Blackberry and it also has a GPS built in and it will tell you where you're standing. I'm not sure how to program it, but I'm sure Abigail will be able to help you with that."

"This is too much. I can't."

"Tony, it would be rude to give a gift back. It's a lovely gift, Lee, very appropriate."

"I have a card as well."

Gibbs took the card out and handed it to Kelly, who handed it to Tony. Tony was shaking.

"Here, Daddy." Kelly noticed his hand shaking when she handed the card to him. "You okay?"

"Yes, honey, I'm fine, just a little overwhelmed."

"I love you, Daddy." Kelly hugged her new father.

Tony was by then lost to the tears and the waterworks started. Gibbs looked at his mother for the approval, but she didn't give it. Gibbs did reach and hand Tony a handkerchief; that and Kelly holding him seemed to work. Momma saw the pain in Gibbs' face and eyes when he couldn't help his lover. After Tony felt a little stronger, Kelly let go when he started to move and Tony took the card and opened it. He felt the Braille and almost lost it again. Gibbs' mother was glowing that her son would think to do that.

"Thinking of you" was all the card said and they had some textures of flowers on the card.

"Thank you, Jeth- I mean, Lee. It means a lot. So what did you do today?"

"Well, I spent the day acquiring gifts and such and new clothing and stuff for the girls, myself and you."

"Oh, how interesting. Where?"

Gibbs regaled Tony with his day and where he went but not what he bought. The whole room was sipping their tea while he talked.

"Well, Lee, it's about time for me to start dinner."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I've overstayed my welcome. I wouldn't want to keep you from dinner. When my I call upon you again?"

"No, don't leave," Tony blurted out.

"Tony, I'm sorry, but that wouldn't be gentleman like of me."

"I don't care. I want you to stay."

Gibbs wanted to stay as well, but he was bound to make this courting work. Besides, he didn't have a ring for Tony's finger and he knew that was how it was ending.

"Tony," Momma said.

Tony didn't respond; he wanted Gibbs and only Gibbs right now.

"Tony, please."

"No, I want him to stay. You said what I want, right?"

Gibbs didn't care at this point; he would take whatever his mother gave him. He walked over and Tony smelled him and smiled. Gibbs was now holding Tony. Kelly was lost; she knew they weren't to touch but her grandmother pulled her out of the way.

"Listen to me, Tony. I want to stay, believe me there is nothing more that I want."

"Then stay."

"Tony," Gibbs said softly in his ear.

Momma motioned for Abby and Kelly to leave the room. Abby knew that her father would behave and Grams gave the red or green light and she was telling them to leave. Gibbs didn't say anymore till they had left.

"I want you, Tony, I want you so bad. Hell, I want to take you upstairs right now and make love to you, but-"

"No buts. You always said if I want it."

"I know, Tony, I did, and so did my mother, I'm sure, but this is the way it will have to be. Believe me, it won't be for long. I'm sorry I overwhelmed you with the gifts today."

"No, Lee, don't leave me, not tonight. I can't stay alone."

"Shhh, yes you can. I'm not going anyplace. I'll be back tomorrow, even if Momma doesn't permit me."

"I'm so alone."

"You have Kelly and Abby and Momma; they all love you."

"I know, but I want you. I feel safe at night with you holding me. I feel like-"

"Shhh, he can't get you. Not out here."

"Please, just for tonight," Tony begged.

He didn't have his glasses and Gibbs could see it in his eyes as he pulled out the words.

"Tony, look-"

"No, just don't go, please."

"Okay, how about this; I'll stay till you fall asleep."

"No," Tony said weakly.

"Tony, I really don't think that Momma will let me do more than that."

"Then I'm leaving. I'm coming with you. I'm a grown man, and if I want to go someplace, I go."

"Tony, I need you to stay and look after Kelly and Abby. They're your daughters now, and I can't be here."

"Oh, God, Jethro. I want you so bad it hurts."

"I know, Tony, I know, I want the same."

"Then I'm coming; they can't stop me."

Tony tapped his side and Capp came right up. Tony stood and walked to the front door with her help. During his time during the day he'd mapped out the house in his head. He walked out to the front porch and went to the driveway, Gibbs right behind him.

"Tony, please, come inside."

"No, I'm coming with you, damn it."

"Tony, who will watch Kelly and Abby?"

"Abby is an adult and Kelly has her grandmother."

"Yes, true, but she needs her Daddy."

"Then stay, please."

"Jethro, a moment, please," Momma said at the porch door.

Gibbs turned to Tony. "Tony, will you promise me that you'll stay on the porch while Momma talks to me?"

Tony didn't respond, and Gibbs moved closer and lifted his chin and looked into his stare, his warm stare.

"Please, promise. I'll see about staying, at least till you sleep, okay? Just promise me you'll be on the porch when I get back."

"Okay," Tony said weakly.

Gibbs kissed his forehead and walked into the house and to the kitchen. The girls were sent up to their room or out back. Gibbs didn't know, but they weren't there.

"I'm sorry, Jethro, I didn't think that-"

"Momma, he's fine."

"No, he isn't. I never would have guessed that you cared about him this much. Stay with him tonight."

"Momma."

"No. Stay with him. Be with him. Do what you feel you need to do, Son."

"Thank you, Momma." Gibbs walked back out to the porch. "Okay, let's go, Tony."

"Where?"

"Just take my arm. Let's let Capp out back to play."

"Okay."

Tony took her out back, hearing the girls out there playing on something. It was the old house tire swing. Tony gave the command and the dog when out, chasing them. Gibbs took Tony into the parlor and they curled up together, holding each other. Momma made dinner but didn't disturb them. After the sun went down Gibbs took Tony to bed, again stripping him to his boxers and placing him in the bed. Gibbs, after Tony begged, removed his clothing to boxers as well and Tony curled up into Gibbs and both men fell asleep.