- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
kelly grows up fast
“Poppy,” Kelly called running from her room to her fathers’ room. “Daddy!” Kelly yelled loud enough to awaken the whole house.

Momma had not let them have the door shut, even though they were permitted to have ‘dates’ without the kids now. The night before, they were alone walking in the fields. The men consummated their courting then, making love for the first time. It was wonderful, yet exhausting and they needed their sleep.

Kelly ran into their room and got to the bed, still calling them. Gibbs sat up, rubbing his head and eyes, trying to focus.

“Kelly, what’s the matter?”

“Time to go to the mall,” she said. Gibbs smiled and looked over at his slumbering lover, amazed that he could sleep through the noise. Then he looked at his watch.

“Kelly, Angel it’s not even 6:30. The mall isn’t open for another four hours.”

“But let’s go and wait.”

“Angel come here,” Gibbs gestured, and Kelly climbed into the bed. This seemed to rouse Tony.

“Um, who’s there? Kelly, what’s the matter?” Tony leaned on one elbow.

“Nothings wrong Daddy, she is just a little impatient about getting to the mall. Remember? We said we’d take her today.” Tony just smiled and lay back down. Patting the bed for Kelly to lay down with them.

“No, time to get up. Let’s get up and get ready. Come on Daddy.” Kelly started pushing him to wake up.

“Let Daddy sleep, Angel. He is tired after our walk in the field.”

“He’s okay Poppy.”

“Yes Angel, he’s just tired.” Gibbs leaned over and kissed his forehead. Tony was a little warm.

“Tony, you feeling okay?”

“Yes Lee, I’m just tired.” Tony closed his eyes.

“Kelly, how about you go and play? Let us get a little more sleep.”

“No. Time to get up. We have to get ready to go.” Kelly was insistent.

“Okay Angel, go downstairs and get the milk out. I’ll get dressed. We can cook breakfast for the house.”

“Okay Poppy.” Kelly hopped off the bed and ran happily out of their room. Gibbs could see Abby walking to the bathroom, and she seemed a little upset. Gibbs knew his mother had been awake since the sun came up. He got out of bed to shut the door so he could change. Instead, he crawled back into the warm bed.

“Tony,” Gibbs snaked his way up to the front of Tony, who opened his eyes.

“Lee.”

“You seem warm, you sure you’re okay?”

“I’m fine. I’m just really tired. You wore me out after our time together.” Tony smiled wickedly.

“Yeah, you’re okay. You’re not sore?”

“No Lee, I’m fine. I’m just tired.”

“Okay. I’m going down to cook breakfast. How about waffles?”

“How about breakfast in bed? We can pour syrup all over you and I’ll lick it off.” Tony said kissing his lover right in front of him.

“I like that idea but Momma would never go for it. Sleep some more. When it’s ready I’ll send your daughter up here and get you out of bed. See you down there.”

“Ummm, my daughter?”

“Yup, your daughter.”

“I thought she was ours.”

“When she doesn’t wake us up four hours before she goes to the mall she is.” Gibbs kissed Tony’s nose, got off the bed, and got dressed. Gibbs smiled going downstairs to cook; an obvious new spring was in his step.

His mother joined him in the kitchen, but he wouldn’t let her help. Kelly was watching TV, and Abby was dozing in the kitchen’s booth.

“Kelly, be nice and go wake Tony, okay?” Gibbs interrupted her program.

“Okay, Poppy.” Kelly ran up the stairs and walked into their room. Tony was still asleep in the bed.

“Daddy, time to get up,” she called quietly. Tony didn’t move. Kelly placed her hand on him and lightly shook him, but Tony still didn’t wake up.

“Daddy, Poppy said to wake up and let’s eat.”

“Ummm what’s …?” Tony answered groggily.

“Daddy, you okay?”

Tony’s voice was a little horse. “Yes Honey, I’m just tired.”

“You look white. You sure you’re okay?” Tony sat up and was trying to get out of bed. He wasn’t feeling well, and stayed on the edge of the bed. Cappucino walked over to him, waiting. He stood up, but fell right back down.

“Daddy, you sure you’re okay?”

“I’m fine Honey, give me just a…” and Tony couldn’t hold it in any longer. He puked on the floor right in front of him. The dog was able to move out of the way just in time, and sat down as close to his charge as possible.

“Daddy, that’s not okay.” Kelly told him concerned. She didn’t get worked up or scared; but calmly walked out to the hall. “Poppy, come up here please.”

“Kelly, what’s wrong?” Gibbs called back. He was mixing something in the kitchen and didn’t want to leave.

“Poppy, I really think you need to come up here.” Kelly answered him when she heard Tony puke again. She went to the top of the stairs as Gibbs began to ascend. When Gibbs saw his daughter in the hall, he heard the sound. He moved faster, and entering the bedroom; saw Tony wiping his mouth.

“I’m so sorry Lee. I couldn’t…”

“Shh. It’s okay. Kelly, Angel, go down and tell Grams that Tony isn’t feeling well and that she’ll have to finish cooking, okay?”

“I want to help Daddy.” Kelly lingered.

‘I know Angel, and you did by not panicking and getting me up here. After you eat you may bring Daddy some soup and help him eat, okay?”

“Thank you, Poppy.” She turned to leave.

“No Angel, thank you.” Gibbs shut the door and sat on the bed. “Tony you’re not well. Here, lay back.”

“I need to clean up the mess. Oh god, did Capp get hit?” She was looking at her charge as the gray haired master helped him.

“You’re not getting out of bed.” Gibbs moved the sheet over Tony.

“I feel like shit, Lee.”

“Okay, it’s about time you told me the truth.” Gibbs piled pillows up for Tony to lean back onto. Tony was sweating profusely; his skin was hot to the touch. “Let me clean you up, and then get something to clean this up.” Gibbs handed Tony a small trash bin that was near the bed. “Here is a pail if you need to vomit again.” Gibbs left the room and returned with supplies to clean Tony and the vomit off the floor.

Abby appeared at the door biting her nails.

“Yes Sweetie?” Gibbs noticed her while on the floor.

“Dad, is he okay?”

“Come in and sit with him. Make him feel okay.” Gibbs left to get another towel.

“Thanks.” She hopped into the room.

“Tony, you okay?”

“Abby I’m…” Tony started puking in the pail this time. It was dry heaves and nothing was coming up. “Oh god, I’m sorry Abby.”

“Tony, don’t worry about it.” Abby sat on the bed and laid her head on Tony’s shoulder. He tried to smile.

“Oh, this is a great sight.” Gibbs was back to finish cleaning up the mess. “Abby, take Cappucino outside and let her go potty. Then you can feed her, okay?”

“Sure Dad.” Abby got off the bed. She called Cappucino to come with her, but the dog didn’t move.

“Cappucino, potty and food.” Gibbs said waving his arm to the door, and she went out with Abby. Gibbs had also brought in a basin and washcloth for his lover. After cleaning up the floor Gibbs sat on the bed and started sponging Tony down.

“You’re officially bedridden for a few days.”

“No, we have to take Kelly to the mall.”

“Tony, you’re not leaving bed and I’m not leaving your side.”

“Kelly won’t understand.”

“Abby and Momma can take her.” Gibbs tried soothing him.

“That’s not fair.”

“Tony, she’ll understand. She is a smart cookie. I’m guessing that when you started vomiting, she didn’t panic. She just yelled for me calmly. She knows a lot of what’s going on. She’s nine, well, will be in a few days.”

“Still.”

There was a small knock on the door. “Come in.” Gibbs said softly wiping Tony’s chest. Kelly walked in with Momma right behind her.

“Here you go, Son.” The older woman carried a small tray.

“Thanks Momma,” Tony said wearily, “but I’m not hungry.”

“I know Honey. But you need something in your tummy. It’s only toast.” Kelly put the tray onto the bed.

“Poppy, I asked Abby to take me to the mall. Is that okay?”

“Sure Angel. Tony, you alright with that?”

“Kelly, come here please.” Tony said crooking his finger. Tony was feeling like shit, trying not to vomit right at that moment. Kelly now stood next to him, and he tried to pick her up. Understanding that he wasn’t strong enough, Kelly climbed onto the bed and laid her head on Tony’s chest. Tony patted her on the back. Gibbs and Momma smiled at the sight.

“Kelly, I promise when I feel better, we’ll take you to the mall. We can get your present then.”

“It’s okay Daddy. You need to get better now. Grams said that Poppy needs to help you, so I can go with her to the mall. I am going to get you a ‘get well’ gift.”

“That’s okay Honey. Daddy doesn’t need that.”

“Yes, you do Daddy. You’re sick and Poppy got me one when I was sick once. It made me feel better.”

“Thanks Sweetie.” Tony kissed the top of her head.

“Okay Honey, lets go and get ready. Jethro can take care of Tony.” Momma said retrieving her granddaughter. They left the room, shutting the door much to the surprise of the men.

“See, I told you she was a smart cookie.”

“What do you expect? She’s my daughter.”

Gibbs just smiled and picked up a piece of the toast. “Okay Tony, let’s have you eat something.”

‘No, I’m not hungry. I’m tired. Can I sleep some? I promise I’ll eat later.”

“Okay Tony.” Gibbs sat Tony up and removed the pillows, helping him get comfortable under the covers. They heard Cappucino scraping at the door. Gibbs finished covering Tony and got off the bed to open the door. She came in and went right to her master’s side. Gibbs did something he’d never done before. He patted the bed and gave the command for her to “get up”. She followed it, curling up with her master and licking his face. She snuggled to keep him warm. Gibbs sat on the bed, petting Tony’s arm and Cap’s big head.

Gibbs sat watching as Tony fell asleep. After about fifteen minutes, Tony started to shake violently and mumble loudly. Suddenly, he sat straight up, screaming. Gibbs didn’t want to make it worse, so he began rubbing Tony’s leg. It was gentle enough for Tony to get his bearings.

“Tony, I’m right here.” Gibbs calmly replied.

“Lee, oh God!” Tony fell back down, tears now coming out of his eyes. Cappucino had moved off the bed and, was now laying her head on the bed watching the men.

“Shh, Tony I’m right here. You were having a nightmare.” Gibbs was now lying next to him, only inches from his face. He stroked Tony’s head lovingly with his hand.

“He killed you. I can’t have that happen. You have to let me go.” Tony choked out.

‘Shh, who killed me?”

“My father. He came here and killed everyone.” Tony lost all of his remaining control and sobbed, “Oh God, I’m going too…” Gibbs had the pail on the bed and was able to get it in front of him in time. More bile pumped from Tony’s stomach. Gibbs was stroking Tony’s hair now to keep it out of the pail.

Gibbs heard people talking in the hall and then a knock on the door. “One moment please.” Gibbs said softly but loud enough for them to hear him. Tony tried to lean up but he wasn’t strong enough. Gibbs helped him so that he was sitting and leaning on the headboard.

“Okay, come in.” Tony was still only in his boxers, and Gibbs covered him up. In walked an energetic little girl holding a giant teddy bear.

“Daddy, I hope this makes you feel better. Do you like it?” Kelly hadn’t even gotten over to him, standing at the foot of the bed.

‘Honey, let Daddy feel it.”

‘Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot.” Gibbs smiled at the little girl’s frankness in forgetting Tony’s blindness. To her, he was her Daddy and that was all that mattered. She walked over and stood next to Cappucino. Kelly placed the gift on Tony. Tony’s hand roamed around, feeling the silk ribbon around the neck and the soft as silk fur on the bear.

“What color is it, Honey?” Tony lightly traced all the contours of the fuzzy animal.

‘It’s brown. I made it all by myself. I even put the heart into it. And I have a Marine outfit that it can change into if you want. Abby said that would be cute. I got it at Build-a-Bear.” Tony was moved that the little girl took the time to make the bear specifically for him. He smiled at the idea of the Marine uniform and knew Kelly was referring to Gibbs.

“I love it Honey, thank you.” Tony held out his arms for a hug. Kelly looked at Gibbs for approval to hug the sick man. He nodded his head, and she hugged Tony like it was her last hug.

“Now Angel, how about you go down and make Tony some soup? Have Abby or Grams help you.” Gibbs suggested to their daughter.

“Abby stopped and got him some. She calls it ‘moza ball’ soup.”

‘That’s Matzo Ball soup Honey and good, that works. How about you help her okay?”

“Okay Poppy.” Kelly ran out of the room.

“That was sweet of her.” Tony played with the bear.

“She loves her Daddy, Tony.”

“She is your daughter.”

“No Tony, she is our daughter.”

“Thank you, Lee” Tony hugged her bear close and slid down in the bed, until he heard the clanking of a food tray.

“Hey. And how is my Young Man feeling now?” Momma placed the tray on the dresser. Kelly and Abby were right behind her.

“I’m fine,” Tony answered.

“Jethro, is he fine?”

‘No Momma he isn’t, but we’re going to get him well in no time.” Gibbs replied, noticing the digital thermometer in Momma’s hand.

“Okay, open your mouth and put this under your tongue.” Momma placed the thermometer in Tony’s mouth.

“Poppy, we brought the food for Daddy.”

“Thanks Angel. So, did you have fun at the mall?”

“Yes. Abby and I went into this one store where I got a collar with spikes on it, just like she has.” Gibbs glared at his older daughter. Abby stood there smiling mischievously. “Then Grams and I went into another store and she got me a new dress. Then I got this other bear at Build-a-Bear. That’s what I wanted to do for my birthday. Is that okay?”

“I said almost anything, Angel, and that’s great. How about you go and get it?" Tony suggested kindly.

”We want to see it after Daddy eats a little.” Gibbs said fluffing a pillow for him.

“Watch him,” Momma light tapped Tony on the head for talking. Momma looked at her watch and took the digital device.

“Yup, you have a fever, 101.3. You’re stuck in bed Honey.” She wiped his brow with her hand.

“Thanks Momma,” Tony said softly.

“You’re welcome. Let see about getting some food in you.”

“No Momma, I’m fine, I’m not that hungry.”

“Tony, you said that after your nap you would eat for me.” Gibbs gently reminded him.

“Lee, I don’t want too.” Tony tried not to whine.

“Shh, Kelly bring that tray over here okay?”

“Yes Poppy.” Abby helped the nine year old bring the tray to her father. Gibbs picked up the soup bowl, starting to feed Tony himself. Tony just sat there.

“Kelly, lets go and play out back, okay?” Abby thought the men wanted some privacy.

“No, I’m helping Daddy get better.”

“C’mon.” Abby said, trying to give Tony his dignity.

“It’s okay Abby, Kelly can stay. I’m fine.” Tony answered.

“Okay, you all play nice. Jethro, a word in the hall please.” Momma gestured to Gibbs.

“Okay Momma. Kelly, you think you can do this just like I was?”

“I can try,” Kelly replaced Gibbs and started helping Tony. He was beginning to wear more than he was eating. Abby helped her steady the spoon as Gibbs walked out into the hall where his mother was.

“Yes Momma.”

‘Jethro, I’m guessing he has a bad strain of a stomach bug. Do you think it’s wise to have Kelly in there?”

“Well, Kelly is his daughter and she wants to help.”

“Jethro.”

“Momma I think its fine. We’ve all been exposed to him already.”

“Okay, Jethro. As for your sleeping together, the door may stay closed until he gets better.”

“Thanks Momma.” Gibbs kissed his mother’s cheek and went back in their room. Seeing Tony with a chest full of soup amused him.

“Okay, I think someone needs a shower.”

“Can I help Poppy?” Kelly asked, continuing feeding Tony the last of the soup.

“I don’t think so Angel.”

She started to pout, obviously wanting to help someone she loved.

“Kelly.”

“Yes Daddy, I can help.”

“Kelly, Honey, you know that I love you, right?”

“Yes.”

“Well, a dad shouldn’t shower with his daughter Honey. It’s just not a good idea.”

“But I want to help you.”

“I know Honey,” Tony moved his hand, trying to touch Kelly’s head. He misplaced it, accidentally hitting her body, eventually finding her head “You can come back in and help Lee after we’re showered and changed. Okay?”

“Thanks Daddy,” Kelly hugged her father and softly climbed off the bed so as not to tip the tray.

“You play nice in there, guys.” Abby kissed both men’s cheeks and took her sister out. Gibbs grabbed a clean pair of boxers for Tony and himself. He also got towels for them and helped Tony walk to the bathroom. After Gibbs got the water temperature and pressure adjusted, they climbed into the shower nude.

“I think we have time for some fun, Lee.” Tony groped at his lover.

“Tony you’re such a sex machine. You’re ill.”

“Party Pooper, think I can at least get a kiss?”

“Yes, that I will give you” Gibbs leaned in and met Tony’s lips. It was a quick kiss. Then Gibbs proceeded to wash Tony from head to toe. Making sure to clean his chest well since a lot of soup was embedded there. They dried each other off, and headed back into the bedroom.

“Okay, Tony lets get you back to bed. Your little nurse can feed you dinner.” Both men smiled and laughed. Tony was shown back to bed and Kelly came back in to help him recover. She didn’t leave her Daddy’s side for the rest of the night, until it was time for her to go to bed.

The next few days were pretty easy for them. Tony was getting better and Gibbs was happy about it. Kelly wouldn’t leave his side, showing her maturity and love.
Chapter End Notes:
I would love to thank my new Beta ic789. this is her Live journal name she is a big writer for CSI