- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Will Tony Push Gibbs a way for good
A few days after Kelly left, Tony was in the living room on the sofa, listening to the TV. He had it on a cooking show since that was what he and Gibbs had been doing when he'd left. He had just come up from the basement and listening to Gibbs work on the boat.

"No, Shannon, it's not all right. You don't think I know how to take care of my own daughter….He's safe…That's what this is about. Fuck, you have every dick you ever dated come into your house. I have a friend, not even a boyfriend yet, and you're getting pissy that I let my daughter meet him…Please. He and Kelly got along great."

Tony was now overhearing everything that Gibbs was saying to his ex-wife.

"This is just stupid. You even said you told her that it was okay for me to date men…Then what's the deal…Oh, please, we didn't even kiss in front of her….Yes, but did she tell you that I only slept in the chair and the one night she slept on my lap….I'm not you, Shannon, you know I have the right to…Do NOT even throw her in my face….Fuck you." Gibbs threw his cell phone against the wall and watched it shatter into pieces, then ran his hand over his face.

"Jethro!" Tony bellowed.

Gibbs reformed his composure and walked into the living room, seeing the man on the sofa who was mending well both physically and mentally.

"Yes, Tony?"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, why?"

"Well, I heard you yelling and then throw your cell phone against the wall and it shattered, so don't tell me it's okay."

"I'm just yelling at my ex-wife. She's being an ass."

"Why, what's the matter?"

"Nothing, don't worry over it."

"Hey, you know you asked me to open up to you and talk, so I expect the same."

A faint smile touched Gibbs' face. Tony had him there. "She's pissed I had you over during Kelly's visit."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'll leave then."

"The fuck you are. You're sitting here and mending and after you get done we start with you regaining your independence and getting you the helper dog and learning Braille. I meant it, Tony, you're not going anyplace any time soon. You understand?"

"But I don't what to create any problems."

"You're not, Tony. Please, I meant it. I trust you and I wanted you to meet Kelly. You would have in time now that I got my head out of my ass."

"Thank you, Jethro." Tony smiled and lay back down, using Gibbs' lap as a pillow and fell asleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gibbs hadn't heard from his ex-wife since the call. He got a new phone one day when he took Tony back to NCIS HQ to get X-rays done from Ducky to see how the bones were mending and such. It was the only time he would venture out of the house. He didn't want to go out, not even on the porch. It was a warm winter for some reason.

By the 8th week of the casts being on they were itching Tony to no end. He had found an old ruler of Gibbs' and was using that to scratch under his casts. One day Gibbs went out food shopping and left Tony on the sofa sleeping. Tony woke up to no sound on at all. He strained to listen to something but all he heard was an empty house.

"Hello!" Tony yelled out.

Gibbs could hear him in the basement, even when on the sofa yelling. It had happened one day when Gibbs had been working on the boat while Tony was sleeping and Tony had freaked out.

Tony sat up. He didn't reach in front of him on the table and find the tape recorder that was older than Abby almost. Gibbs had left Tony a message that he went to the store, but all Tony could think was that he was alone again. Always alone, he never could rely on others. He'd tried and now he was getting left again like every other time he had ever started trusting someone.

Tony started crying and flopped back down on the sofa. He hadn't even noticed the new sounds coming from the other side of the house and the door opening between the houses. Abby heard the crying the moment she walked in

"Tony, what's wrong?" Abby sat on the edge of the sofa, rubbing his back. She had just talked to her dad and knew he was held up in traffic due to an accident.

"Abby," Tony sniffled.

"Yes, handsome. Come on, let's sit up." Abby got him to sit up and was now looking into his eyes. Around the house Tony had started not wearing his glasses.

"Gibbs left me. I'm worthless."

A small head slap happened. "No, you're not. Did you reach in front of you?"

"Why bother?"

"You're as pigheaded as he is, you know that, right?" Abby moved and hit play.

‘Tony, look, I ran to the food store and went shopping. You were sleeping and I didn't what to disturb you. I'll be home shortly. It's now about 1500 and I should only be gone for about an hour and a half. I WILL be home soon,' and the tape ended.

"Tony, he didn't leave you. I think it would take God herself to hold him away from you."

"What time is it? It's a lot later if you're home."

"Yes, it is. There was a major accident on Main Street and he's in that traffic; something about a car and a semi. See, he didn't leave you."

Tony just nuzzled into her neck and she smiled. Abby would be having a talk with her father. About twenty minutes later Gibbs walked in with an armful of bags with food in them.

"Abby, can you get the last? There only two more."

"Right, then we are SO talking." Abby bounded out mad at her father.

Gibbs saw that she was not in a good mood and this would be a deep talk. He was ready to kill McGee if needed.

"Jethro."

"Yes, Tony, give me a moment, I just want to put these down. Okay?"

"Sure, I'm sorry. Never mind."

Gibbs shook his head. He put the bags down right there on the living room table and sat on the sofa, looking at Tony.

"Yes, Tony, what can I do for you?"

"Oh, nothing, it's okay."

"No, Tony, it's not. I can see that you were crying. What's wrong? You didn't get my note?"

"No," Tony said plainly; the one thing Tony was getting good at was telling Gibbs the truth.

"I'm sorry, Tony. Next time would you rather I wake you up?"

"Yes," Tony said softly. He was almost needy-like.

Gibbs didn't care. He knew that Tony needed him more than anything right now, but he also knew that Tony needed his independence as well. He and Ducky had talked about it.

"Okay, now, what would you like for dinner?"

Abby walked in, seeing the groceries on the table in front of them, and she smiled, and she kept walking into the kitchen, then walking out before Tony could finish.

"Dad, McGee is coming over soon. We were just going to order Chinese. Want to join us in a movie night?"

"Yeah, sounds fun. Tony, you up for that?" Gibbs placed his hand on Tony's knee.

Tony placed his casted hand on top of that hand. "Yes, that would be nice, thanks."

"Also, Ducky told me to tell you that I'm to bring you over tomorrow and your casts on your arms can come off. He thinks; one more X-ray, but he is pretty sure. You up for a trip tomorrow?"

"What about my leg? I've put you out enough."

"Well, with that attitude, I might ask him never to take it off. Tony, you're not putting me or anyone else out."

"You have to go back to work at some point."

"You're right, and after you get your casts off I plan on it."

Abby shot him a look of death for that. Gibbs saw it and made a look on his face of ‘what wrong with that.'

"What? What's wrong?" Tony could tell just from the heavy silence that something was wrong.

"Nothing, honey, just yelling at my father," Abby said, then walked around and showed her dad her back as he went in to put away the groceries.

"What movie do you want to watch, Tony? We had planned on asking you over to my place if Dad wasn't joining us, and since you're the guest, you get to choose."

"I like Bogart. Do we have anything with him in it?"

"Yup. McGee is stopping at Blockbuster and picking up like half the old black and white section."

"Cool."

Tony just sat there. Abby hugged him and smiled. She liked Tony and in a way he would be her father if her real dad didn't fuck it up.

"I'm going to go and help Dad put the food away. You need anything?"

"Nope, I'm good." Tony turned on the TV and started listening to it.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Abby came in signing to her father.

"What?"

"He thought you'd left him. You can't do that to him, Dad."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I figured he needed sleep more and that I would be back before-"

"No, you don't get me. Also, you're not going back to work after he gets the casts off."

"Abby, I have to get back to work. Tony needs his independence and needs to know that he's helping out around here. Everyday I can see in his face that he feels bad that we do everything for him."

"I get that, but not RIGHT after he gets the casts off, you got me?"

"We'll play it by ear."

"You are so dense, you know that?"

Abby went out of the room and back to her place for awhile till McGee got there. After he did they ordered the take out and started watching the movies. Sometime in the middle Gibbs was passed out, Tony with his head in Gibbs' lap, both men sleeping. Abby and Tim left them on the sofa.

Gibbs' phone woke them both up sometime in the AM.

"Gibbs…Yes, Ducky. Oh, shit, sorry we slept in….No, nothing happened, just tired… We'll be right there." And Gibbs hung up the phone.

"Tony, we're running late, buddy, let's get up. Ducky wants us over to get your casts off your arms."

"Ummm," Tony mumbled.

Gibbs liked watching Tony sleep; he was like a baby, a little kid. He was innocent when he slept, and Tony saw too much in his life that at least in sleep he could be innocent.

"Come on. Let's get the casts off and you can take a shower and get that itch scratched."

Gibbs got Tony into the chair and out to the car, and then took Tony to the HQ. Gibbs took Tony to the morgue. Ducky was waiting for him in his office.

"Okay, Tony, let's have a look-see at your arms and leg."

Ducky wheeled him to the table. Gibbs helped him onto the table and they took the X-ray of his arms and his leg.

While Ducky was developing the X-rays, Gibbs helped him, getting him back into the chair.

"So, Tony, I think that now we have a timeframe for when we call the lady at the helper dog place and see about getting you signed up and on the list."

"Okay," Tony said.

He still felt like he was putting Gibbs out, even if the house was large enough. He felt like he wasn't pulling his weight. What still boggled Tony's mind was that Gibbs had feelings for him and had not moved on them, not even more than a kiss from that first time. They had showered each time with Gibbs in a swimsuit and the older man just washed him, nothing more. Tony was confused since every other time he'd had to put out. This time he just had to be there.

"Jethro?"

"Yes, Tony."

"I think that, well…"

"What?"

"Oh, nothing." Tony stopped when he heard Ducky walking into the room.

"Okay, Tony, I have great news. The cast on your leg looks like it can come off as well. It looks like it's healed enough that I can cut them all off."

"That's great news, Ducky," Gibbs said. "Tony?"

"Yeah, great," Tony said unenthusiastically. He was now worried that without his casts he would be pushed to the street. He felt that the casts were the only thing holding him to Gibbs since the other man had not made a move on him. He knew Gibbs liked him and was doing nothing about it.

"Tony, what's wrong, dear boy?"

"Nothing, Doctor. I'm just not awake yet."

Gibbs could tell he was lying.

"Well then let me get my saw and we can cut them off. I called a friend who runs a physical therapy place and she will be expecting you."

"I can't, Ducky, I'm sorry."

"Why not, dear boy?"

Ducky got the saw he needed and brought it over to the seated man. He plugged it in; Tony heard this and his head turned to the sound.

"Relax, it's just me plugging in the saw. So why can't you go to PT?"

"I don't have the money to pay for it, Ducky. I will once I get back on the-"

"You're NOT going back to the street, Tony."

"But I need to get money."

Ducky looked into the concerned eyes of Gibbs. The ex-Marine went down to the floor and was kneeling next to Tony, his hand covering Tony's.

"Tony, you're not going back to that life. We're making a new life for you. Don't worry about money. We'll get you back to work here, and then if you still feel you need to give money we talk about it then. You're not putting me out; I enjoy your company and our talks every night. Okay?"

All Tony could do was nod his head yes. He wasn't letting Gibbs do this; he couldn't. He wouldn't let himself get hurt and start feeling for Gibbs more than he already did.

Ducky explained what he was going to do and Gibbs took Tony's hand as much as he could while Duck cut the casts off the man.

"Okay, I still want you off the leg for a few more days. Walk around but do not over do it. Got me?"

"Yes, sir."

"Now, you both have a nice day and remember PT will start Monday."

Gibbs took Tony's arm and guided him around the building. Not that Tony needed help; he knew how many steps and everything. They stopped at Gibbs' desk and picked up a few things. Tony talked to Cait and McGee while Gibbs was talking to the director.

After Gibbs came back he said, "Okay, let's get out of here and call your physical therapist and the lady from the dog school."

"Okay, Jethro."

They all said their good-byes and Gibbs handed Tony the phone to call while he drove. Gibbs overheard the times that he would have to be there at PT and what time his interview would be with the helper dog people.

They stopped at a diner around the corner from their house. Gibbs helped Tony into the place. Tony still had his cane but Gibbs was now being a little more touchy-feely.

"Jethro."

"Yes, Tony?"

They were waiting for the waitress to come and take their order.

"When we get back to your place-"

"It's your place too, Tony."

"I'm not arguing with you, Jethro. It's your house, not mine."

"Okay, not fighting, not here. What was your question?"

A lovely lady walked up. "What can we get for you?" she asked, then saw the cane and Tony's dark glasses and no menu open.

"I'll have coffee. Tony, what do you want?"

"A Coke, please."

"OKAY, SIR, ANYTHING ELSE?"

"Excuse me, ma'am, he's blind not deaf."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just…"

"Jethro, it's okay. Yes, please, can I have a Chef Salad?"

"Sure, honey. And you?"

"Just a burger and fries."

"Okay, be right back."

"Tony, you don't have to put up with people like that."

"No, you're right, but some people don't know the difference. It isn't that they mean any disrespect, but they just don't know any better."

"Okay, what's your question?"

"When we get home, will you permit me to really see your face?"

"Yes, Tony, you never need to ask that."

"Good."

Tony snaked his hand atop the table and sought out Gibbs' hand. Gibbs, seeing his hand almost pushing over his water, met Tony's hand and just held it tight. The food came and Gibbs helped Tony find his fork and the plate and then Tony was good to go. Gibbs watched to make sure he wasn't needed to help. Tony was making out pretty well really for not having use of his arms for a few weeks.

After eating and paying the bill they drove the rest of the way home. After getting into the house Tony wanted to see the house and started walking around. Gibbs sat on the sofa since he knew that Tony needed to do this on his own. Gibbs smiled at Tony's persistence and finding everything about the downstairs that he could. He was there for hours, walking around, counting steps and running his hands over things.

"Tony, you okay?" he asked when Tony came back to the living room.

"My shins hurt, but other than that I'm good."

"Well, let's get you off the leg. Ducky would kill me if he knew I let you do this already."

"Jethro."

"Shhh, just sit."

Tony sat next to Gibbs on the sofa. Gibbs took Tony's hands and placed them on his face. Tony's touch was light. He went all over Gibbs' face, learning every part, then smiled at the end.

"What color are your eyes, Jethro?"

"Blue."

"Hair?"

"Salt and pepper."

"You're handsome."

"Thank you, you're kind of nice yourself. You tired?"

"No, but I would love a shower."

"Okay, then let's get you in the shower, and then you can lie in bed and talk for awhile."

"I'd like that a lot."

Gibbs helped Tony up the stairs and into the bedroom. Gibbs still wore a swimsuit but didn't get into the shower with Tony. Instead he stood outside, making sure the younger man was fine. The chair was still in there if needed.

"Jethro, I think I need some help," Tony said from behind the curtain.

"Okay."

Jethro hopped off the sink and pushed back the curtain and marveled at the sight in front of him. He'd seen Tony naked many times, but for some reason this was different. All his blood ran right to his cock. Gibbs stepped in and without warning Tony's hands were all over Gibbs' chest. And Tony leaned in and found Gibbs' mouth and locked onto it with his. A kiss ensued, with Tony's tongue asking for permission to enter into Gibbs' mouth. Gibbs' head was swimming but he was starting to slowly regain control of what was going on when he felt Tony's hand down his shorts and on his hard cock.

"No, Tony, not-"

"Yes, please," Tony whispered. "You want me, too. I need to pay you back."

Gibbs went cold on that last statement. He wanted Tony. He wanted to mouth him in the worst way. He wanted to bury himself deep into Tony's ass and shoot his load there, but not because he had to but because they both wanted it.

"No, Tony." Gibbs took both of Tony's hands and removed them from him. "Tony, look, I like you and want this...but not for this reason. I want you to do this because you want it and not because you think this is a way to repay me."

"But-"

"No buts. Tony, your test results have come back negative and I'm happy about that and I'm not worried about having sex with you but you have got to want it for you not for me."

Gibbs stepped out of the shower, leaving the shattered man in there. Tony didn't move, he just let the water run cold. Tony finally got out and Gibbs tried to help but Tony shrugged him off. Tony then walked to the bedroom and just curled into bed, not looking in the direction of or saying a thing to Gibbs. It had killed Gibbs to say that to Tony, but he wanted Tony to realize it wasn't just about the sex. He told things to Tony that not even Abby knew. Gibbs walked into the kitchen after Tony went to bed and he just sat there.

"Dad, you okay?"

"Hey, Princess. Yeah, I'm fine."

"Like hell. They tell me you start back next week at work."

"Only part-time, but yes."

"Are you daft? He needs you."

"I know that. Don't you think I know that? But he also needs to do things for himself."

"What happened?"

"Nothing."

"Like hell. What happened?"

"Abby, please."

Abby sat down after pouring a cup of coffee for himself. "Daddy, tell me what happened."

"Fine. He was taking a shower. I had the swimsuit on and was just in the room, making sure he sat most of the time and didn't fall while standing. Well, he called me in, so I was like sure he needs help, I'll help. I got in and was attacked."

"And?"

"Well, I lost myself for a moment, then when he said he felt like he had to repay me, I-"

Neither of them heard the man walking down the stairs until they heard him falling down the stairs. Both people were now next to the moaning form on the floor.

"Tony, you okay?" Abby asked.

Gibbs was already on the phone with 911. "Abby, don't touch him. He might-"

"Dad."

"No. Moving him might make it worse. The paramedics will be here any moment."

Gibbs sank down onto the floor and took his hand. Abby went to the door when the cop got there and then the paramedics got there and loaded him onto the ambulance. Gibbs rode with him, Abby following in the car and waking up Ducky, who was going to meet them at the hospital. When they got to the hospital Tony was out of it. Ducky asked what was wrong and Gibbs told him everything.

"Okay, Jethro, you stay out here for a moment."

Ducky walked into the room and overheard the conversation that Tony was leaving since he was not wanted and was a burden on Gibbs and his family. Gibbs heard it, too, when the door opened.

"Fine, he can fucking leave," Gibbs said aloud.

Abby was next to him. Gibbs got up and was walking out.

"Dad, where are you going?" Abby was a few feet behind him.

"I'm leaving. He fucking wants to leave, then let him leave."

Abby jumped on her dad's back and just hung on.

"Abby, get the fuck off me."

Ducky came out and saw Abby on her father's back, holding on as he was storming off.

"Abigail, please," Ducky said and she slid off. Ducky walked up to Gibbs and slapped him on the face, hard. "You will not leave that boy, the same boy you professed your love for, in that room scared and helpless. You will march your sorry excuse of an ass in there and talk to him and help him see why you rejected his offer to you. He doesn't understand why someone who said to him he loved him would stop him from pleasing him." Ducky was almost yelling himself.

The staff was looking at the outburst and moving to calm down the people, but Gibbs marched back into the room they had Tony in. He hadn't headed to X-ray or CT yet but he was slated to have the tests run. He shut the door and he found a crying man in the bed.

"Tony, look-"

"No, you're walking out, I get it. I'm not worth your time."

"Damn it, no." Gibbs stopped, took in a deep breath and released it. "No, you're worth my time. Tony, my time is your time. I'm sorry that I had that outburst. I suck at this. Come on, three ex-wives and countless other exes besides that. You know all about them. Come on, did you not learn that I suck at this part?"

"Like I would know. Every time I had anything I was getting paid to suck his cock or fuck his daughter or what not."

"Okay, point. We both don't know what to do. I'm sorry, Tony, I really am."

There was a knock on the door and Ducky poked his head in. "Jethro, they need to take Tony for his tests."

‘Tony, I'm not going anyplace." With that Gibbs leaned over the rail, holding Tony's hand and kissed him deep and hard, much like the first kiss on his sofa. "I'm here for you. I'm calling my boss and informing him I'm NOT coming back just yet. I'm here for you and us. Got me?"

"Yes," Tony said as they wheeled him away.

After he was out of earshot, Gibbs looked at his older and best friend in the doorway.

"I know it's hard, Jethro, but think of it from his point of view. He doesn't know anything about himself, he only knows how to make others happy. Just be there for him, Jethro. He doesn't understand any of this, it is all new to him, all new to you."

"God, Ducky, why? I was done with this kind of thing. I was content to just have one night stands for the rest of my life."

"Yes, but whomever had a better plan for you."

"I can't even give you a real reason why I even love him. It was just, well, everything about him I love. It hurts so much at times. I want to fix him and help him but I can't. I can't change who or what he is and was."

"No, but you can help him see why you like him, why you are giving him a chance. Abby tells me you introduced him to Kelly but Shannon had problems with that."

"God, she is such a bitch. She had the nerve to tell me that Kelly is not allowed over while he is there. She doesn't trust him."

"But you do, right?"

"I trust him with my daughter, Ducky, you tell me. She never met any of the others."

"Okay, well, then, what do we do about this?"

"What is there to do?"

"Well, you can fight her for custody. You have told me a few times that she is not the best of mothers."

"Yeah, like the court would give her to me."

"That is why it's called fighting, Jethro."

"Shannon isn't all that bad, really; she's a good mother, but sometimes she isn't the best judge of character."

"But you trust Kelly."

"Yes, she wouldn't leave Tony's side. It was cute. And she wanted to help."

"She is a Gibbs, after all. I think it is bred into you all."

"Thanks, Ducky, but right now I have Tony to worry about and helping him regain his independence."

"Is that so bad that he would rely on you?"

"No, I would wait on him hand and foot."

"Now, Jethro, that's real love. For you to say that, it is a lot. I also know that you are not one to run from a fight."

"I'm not, but right now I think Kelly is good with her mom. But if she pulls this shit again, I'm so taking her back to court."

"Good. About Tony, I had a friend look into the school that you're planning on using for the dog and learning Braille. They have a very great reputation."

"Thanks, Ducky, that means a lot to me. What do I do about his advances?"

"Would it kill you to start courting our young man there?"

"But-"

"I'm not saying fuck him right on the first date, but just that: date, get to know each other, build the trust even more. If things get out of hand, then slow it down. Lay the rules down in the start so you both know what you're getting into. Also, Jethro, his tests are negative."

"I know, Ducky, I plan on playing it safe for a while. Always have and always will."

"Smart lad. Well, I will leave word with the ER doctor that I will take up on his after care. They do not believe that he broke anything but with his recent casts coming off they want to rule it out as well as a concussion."

"Thanks, Ducky. Send in Abby. I'm sure she needs to vent at me."

"She loves you a great deal, and she loves Tony, so play nice, you two."

Ducky left and sent in Abby. She looked her father straight in the eye and did not break eye contact.

"So?"

"What, Abby? What do you want me to say?"

"That you're not leaving him, that you're going to grow the fuck up and deal with reality and not walk away from him."

"I'm sorry, Abby. I'm not leaving him, I'm just…"

"Dad, you suck at this, I know, believe me I know. He isn't the normal guy you meet. He's worth your taking the time and not fucking it up. Open your heart again."

"It's not that easy, Princess. I got hurt one too many times."

"I know that, Dad, but Tony is different. He's worth trying it."

"I'm going to try, Abby, I will. I'm calling Morrow in the morning about not going to start back till Tony is okay. I can work from home."

"Good, then Grams will just get to talk to you both."

"WHAT?"

"Well, I wasn't sure if Ducky or I could talk sense into you, so I called Grams and she's coming in a few weeks to make sure that you're not being stupid."

"Abigail Samantha, you had no right."

"I had every right. You're my father, and I love you, and he is my friend, and I love him. I will call Grams if I have to, to get you to open your eyes."

"Leave her out of this. She has enough problems."

"Yes, I know. Grams said Nanna had another fall the other day. Can we go visit her?"

"Abby, you have the vacation time."

"Yes, I do, but I think that we all should go."

"Okay, I'm saying okay with a big IF."

"Okay, shoot," Abby said, throwing her hands in the air for emphasis.

"The IF is that Tony is in the class for the helper dog and that he is stable to go. The only reason I'm saying yes is because if I don't, then-"

"Grams will kick your ass."

"Yes, I know. I'll call Shannon and see if Kelly will be able to come. I'm also telling you that if she pulls that shit again about Tony, I'm calling Brandon and going to sue for full custody."

"COOL. I would love to have Kelly with us."

"Abby, it might get ugly. You still have the e-mails about mine and Shannon's fights?"

"You know I do."

"Good," Gibbs said just as Tony was wheeled back in.

"The doctor will be in shortly with the results."

"Abby, give me and Tony a moment."

"Sure, Dad. Tony, I'll be in the hall; if he acts up, just yell and I'll kick his ass."

"Thanks, Abby."

Abby kissed his check and bounced out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Look, Tony-"

"No, Jethro, let me. I'm sorry for the shower. I just figured that-"

"Okay, Tony, I'm not good at this, but here goes. I love you. I told you that. I didn't move there because I've been hurt before and wasn't sure I wanted to, but I do. I'm not asking for a thing from you. I want you to realize that. This is now about US. This healing process is about US. I'm going to ask you out on a date. We'll still keep different rooms and at the end of the night we will go to our own room."

"But-"

"No, hear me out. If sex happens, it will happen. I want you to make me a promise."

"I'll try."

"Okay. If sex is to happen, then it is for you, not for what you think I want. I'm not going to ask for it till you make a move and then, only then, I want it to be that you want it for yourself and not to make me happy. Am I clear on that? That is why I stopped you in the shower. I liked kissing you. I liked that you took hold of my cock, but then you said that it was to pay me back. I don't want to be paid back. I want you to have sex for you to have sex; to make love, not even sex. I want your heart, soul and mind in there with me."

"I think I can live with that. Just make me a promise."

"I'll try."

"When it does, I want it, I really do that it is for you and not me, same thing you just asked me. Don't wait, just start. If I feel that I'm not ready, I will stop you, I promise. You got that? This works both ways, Jethro."

"I think I can live with that. Also, just a heads up; Abby called my mother and she is coming to visit and after that I'm sure she will twist our arms to go and visit my grandmother."

"Jethro, I'm not ready for that."

"Sshhh, my mother will love you. Also I'm telling you this because I'm not hiding anything from you. I might take Shannon to court and try for full custody of Kelly. I know it's a lot, that we just started to date, but I'm tired of Shannon holding Kelly over my head every time she feels slighted."

"I like Kelly. She's sweet."

"Good. Now, where is that damn doctor? I want to take you home and say good night proper." Gibbs went to the door as it was opening.

"Good news. Nothing is broken Mr. DiNozzo, and you're free to go home. The nice young lady out there is getting your car and pulling it around so the nurse will be in with the papers."

"Thank you, Doctor," Gibbs said, shaking his hand.

"Thanks, Doc," Tony said, moving around and now sitting on the side of the bed after the doctor left. "Do I really have to sleep in my own bed?"

"Yes, Tony, for now, just while we date. If we decide that we like each other, then we see about whose bed we end up in."

Gibbs walked up to him, parted his legs and moved between them, his cock hitting the side of the bed. He took Tony's chin and lifted it to meet his eyes and kissed Tony. Tony put his arms around Gibbs and they kissed till Abby came back in with the nurse and they signed the papers and left for home.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to all the readers for leaveing great feed back and telling me what you think.