- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony's remembering just how wrong they were about things
Cabin for four, and Tony in the middle. But to his surprise it wasn't one of his room mates but the one next door asking him questions before they were on the open sea.

„Rule 7"

Tony thought. If you lie use congrete details.

„Last chance. The court said Military or jail, well, now I don't know if it was a good choice."

But Hensley had grinned.

„We'll see my friend. You‘ve ever been in Cuba?"






„You need to go home, boss. Get a little rest."

Tony tried to sign as much as possible but still he had to say things. He didn't want to use his voice since he couldn't hear it. He was afraid he would sound desperate, frightful, everything he was feeling, but Gibbs had told him that it was ok and since he was still able to speak he should use it.

Gibbs dismissed the suggestion with a gesture.

„I'm fine."

Tony looked away. He sometimes forgot that he could only talk to people when he looked at them, so he was startled when he felt Gibbs hand on his arm.

„You ok?"

„Terrific."

He said but wasn't sure that the sarcasm was delivered. Gibbs nodded.

„Shall we go on?"

The whole day before he had teached Tony ASL and Tony was a fast learner.










Tony looked down on the small paper he had found in his pocket after his working hours. It had only a time and a place on it and Tony tried to get there unsuspicious.

He had to admit that it was pure horror. He didn't know much about those smuggler, how far they would go to get the job done. Maybe they would get all wet pants when he would draw his badge, maybe they would shot him without blinking. This was maybe the hardest job he ever had.

He opened the door and closed it behind him again. The light went on and he saw two of the three suspects in the room.

„And you think we can trust him, Hensley?"

Curtis, another Petty Officer, asked but Hensley only nodded confident.

„Sommers is ok. Right, Sommers?"

Tony took the seat Hensley offered him. Then Curtis took out a small bundle. He opened it and Tony saw the fine white powder.

„Cocain?"

„Finest Cubain quality. We have a lot more of that."

Tony looked down at the drugs then at the two Petty Officers and grinned.

„Can I?"

Hensley and Curtis shared a look.

„Let's wait with that till tomorror. You wouldn't sleep all night."

„C'mon! I'm used to more."

But Curtis shook his head.

„This is a bit, well, too worthy for us. It's pure, my friend. But now that your here, we can go for more than we had planned. As you certainly can imagine, there's only a small amount every one of us can get into the States without being too suspicious. Besides, it's not good to ge drugged on a ship like that!"

‚You can say that again‘ Tony thought, ‚especially if you've never ever tried cocain.‘







„What happened on the ship?"

Tony asked after hours of ASL learning but Gibbs only looked sad.

„I don't really know, Tony. Just pieces of it. But the doctor said it's better for you to get your memory back on your own."

Tony nodded. What could have happened that he'd lose his hearing? And why were his lungs hurting like when he had the plague? He didn't know what was worse, the pain he was in, the deafness or the leak of memory.

„You got who did that to me?"

Gibbs sighed and Tony knew the answer. He knew that look on Gibbs‘ face. It was the look when the bad boy get away.

„We busted those we had suspected, but it hadn't been them."

Tony nodded.

„I know. It had been other guys."








Tony lay down on his bed. They had the cocain, that would be enough to bust them. But all they had told him they couldn't use. To get them while they're buying the stuff was impossible. If he was still with them when they byu it, oh lord, he would get into trouble.

„Hey, buddy!"

Curtis entered the cabin with another guy.

„That's Davis."

Tony nodded to the third man.

„What's up?"

He asked Curtis.

„We'll be in Cuba tomorror, you're ready for it?"

Tony shrugged and grinned a half grin.

„Not the first time I do that."

„You speak Spain?"

Davis asked.

„Si, senior."

The door opened again and a small man looked in.

„Petty Officer Sommers, your wife's on the phone. She said it's an emergency."

The others shared a look but Tony followed the small sailor.



„How is it going, Honey?"

He answered the phone mockingly.

„Funny, DiNozzo. What's new."

It was a safe line and everybody there knew about Tony.

„Boss, we couldn't have been more wrong. I'm on those guys. Just look that you're there when we come back."

„Good, DiNozzo, keep out of trouble."

„Please, boss, you know me!"

He hang up before he could hear Gibbs say, „that's why".
Chapter End Notes:
Same as before