- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby is bored, really bored. That bored that she does something which could hange her life
„Hey Abs, whatcha doing?"

Tony asked when he entered her lab. It was the hell of a week. Not that they had a lot of work, a hard case or something, nothing of that. It was boring the shit out of them.

„What should I be doing? You know that I hadn't anything to test or exam in three days!"

She said a bit angry. That really got to her mood and even the regular Caff-Pow! didn't really light her up.

„I know, but there's something running."

He said and pointed at the monitor.

She looked caught and hesitated.

„Don't tell it anybody but I was so bored that I test my own DNA."

Tony frowned. Wow, she really must be bored.

„Ok, and what do you hope to find?"

„Nothing."

She said casual. Of course she didn't expect anything.

She walked over to her desk and set behind.

„Something particual why you came down?"

Tony still looked at the monitor when he answered.

„Nope, I'm just bored and you needed a drink, so I went this time. Ummm, Abs? You've got a match!"

She looked up from her magazin. Slowly she stood up and walked over.

„54 %? That couldn't be..."

She said absent but didn't click to get the file.

„What? What couldn't it be?"

Tony looked confused and waited for her to click.

„You know, I never told you but I'm adopted. So, this could be...one of my real family."

She said toneless and stared at the „54 % match" sign which blinked on her screen.

„Well, um, don't you wanna check it?"

He said confused and shocked.

She took a deep breath and clicked. Then her and Tony's eyes widened in surprise.

„That can't be true!"

„You think, what,...Abs, what could that mean?"

He asked afraid staring at the file of Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

„This could mean that Gibbs...Gibbs‘ my father."





„He can't be your father! I mean, you think,...how could that be possible? You grew up in New Orleans!"

„Tony, this is a 54 % match! Forensics don't lie!"

„I was busted for murder because of forensics!"

„But they weren't wrong! They were just placed! But this is my blood! Directly out of my veins into that machine! And this is a match to his DNA! He must be my father!"

„Who's your father?"

Gibbs voice came from the door and Abby immidiatly took the file off the monitor.

„Nobody."

She said innocently but Gibbs looked suspicious between her and Tony who had a confused, shocked and surprised expression.

Gibbs knew Abby was adopted and it would be certainly strange for her to find her father.

„Tony, could you leave me with Gibbs?"

She said low and Tony was more than glad to leave.

Gibbs waited until the doors had closed before he turned to Abby again.

„What is it?"

„You know, I was so bored that I ran my own blood through AVIS and now I got a match of 54 %. That only happens between relations, you know that."

„Yeah, so who is it?"

Abby sighed and turned to her computer. Gibbs‘ file showed again on the screen.

He looked confused at the file, then at her and back at the file.

„That can't be...I can't be...You're sure about that?"

Abby shrugged.

„I'm sure that this is a 54 % match to my blood. And as long as your not my brother you must be my father."

Gibbs didn't know what to say. Sure he felt for Abby like for a daughter but he never had only a single thought that he actually could be her father.

„I could do a paternity test. Just to be sure. Only if you want of course..."

She trailed of but even though her voice was low Gibbs thought he could hear hope in it.

„That's probably the best."

He said rather toneless.
Chapter End Notes:
Same as before.