- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony wants answers
Tony sat behind his desk wordless. He wouldn't tell McGee or Ziva, this was something personal, something between Gibbs and Abby and he could keep a secret if he wanted.

Somehow he couldn't explain this. He had seen Gibbs acting around kids and he knew that Gibbs had lost a daughter. Why should somebody like Gibbs give his daughter to adoption?

But maybe Gibbs hadn't give her to adoption. Shannon was his first wife but Abby was older so she must have been from one of his girlfriends, and as far as Tony knew was Gibbs alot like him before his marriages. Tony himself had recieved that call from one of his many girlfriends but he just couldn't think that Gibbs wouldn't accept such a child.

Gibbs would even marry that woman. No way he would give the child away. But maybe Gibbs never knew. Maybe that woman had never told Gibbs that she was pregnant.

Or maybe Abby wasn't even Gibbs daughter and all this was just some stupid mistake or joke and Gibbs was just Abby's accomplice.

But that would be a strange joke. Why should she tell him that Gibbs is her father on such a strange way when nobody could see his stupid face...

No, this surely wasn't a strange joke. This was real.





After work Tony waited until Gibbs had left and then drove to the other man's house. He needed to know and somehow he thought after all he had seen he had a right to know.

He knocked on the door but it opened before he had taken his hand down.

„You took long. Want a coffee? I've made some."

Gibbs said and already had turned to the kitchen. It took a moment or two until Tony could walk but eventually he followed him.

„You expected me?"

„You hadn't asked me anything or talked to me all day so I figured you would show up after work."

„How come you know that I didn't go to Abby?"

„She'd just found her possible father. You're not that insensitive. You‘re clever enough to know that it must be harder for her than for me."

Tony took a deep breath but Gibbs didn't continued his speech. He only places a cup of coffee for Tony on the table and then sat down with his own cup.

„So?"

Tony streched the word extremely when he sat down opposite his boss.

„So what? So, are you Abby's father? I don't know. She's running a paternity test. It'll be done tomorror, then we'll know for sure."

Tony nodded slowly and waited again.

„You think you could be her father? I mean is it possible that you knocked somebody..."

Gibbs shot him a look.

„I mean that one of your girlfriends became..."

Gibbs sighed. Tony was a good inverstigator and a good interrogator, he should have known that he wouldn't let him go with that answer. And right now he felt just like in interrogation.

„If you think I forced one of my girlfriends to give our child away or didn't accept the child you're wrong. As far as I know, I had only one child and she's dead. If you ask me if it's possible that one of my girlfriends had a child and never told me, yeah, that's possible."

Tony saw that he had offended Gibbs and regretted the question.

„How is it possible that you don't know?"

„You always stay in contact with all your exes?"

Gibbs asked sarcastical. He stood up and took out two glasses and a bottle of Jack Daniels. He sat down again and looked piercingly at Tony.

„You really want to hear the story?"

Tony met the glare. Could it be that hard ass Gibbs opened up to him? It certainly would be something he wanted for a very long time, among other thing he wanted from Gibbs.

Gibbs poured two glasses of Jack. He knew that soon he would need something stronger than coffee.

„I already counted back and I had only one girlfriend possible. She was my highschool girlfriend and she actually became pregnant."

„I thought you said you had only one child..."

„She lost it. In the fourth month. At least she said so. After that she left me and moved away. She said I'm remining her of her loss."

He took the glass and emptied it. He had heard that sentence twice.

„Now, I think she may hadn't left me because she'd lost the child but had given the child away because she'd left me."

Tony emptied his glass and Gibbs poured another round. Tony stared at the brown liquid. It must have been hard for Gibbs. More and more Tony thought he could see how Gibbs had become that bastard he was.

„Maybe she had left you because she didn't want the child. I mean how old were you, 18, 19?"

„17. And no, I don't think so. We had broken up before but she noticed that she was pregnant so we got back together. I wanted to marry her of course. I joined the Marine Corp and we got a small apartment near the base. I think she really wanted the child but just couldn't live with me. And she had to move and couldn't raise a child alone. At least that would be an explanation if Abby's my daughter, the only explanation."

„What could it be what makes it so unbearable to live with you?"

Gibbs emptied his glass again and Tony did it after him.

„There was a reason why we had broken up before."

Before the next question came he drained two more glasses with Tony. Jack wasn't exactly a drink you just drink in one sip so both Tony and Gibbs started to feel the alcohol. But that was exactly what Gibbs wanted. He wanted to ease up. He wanted to open up and he knew that he would only get this out with the help of his good old friend Jack.

„I still don't get it. What reason is that bad that she can't live with you just long enough to get married and get the child she actually wanted. If she'd left you then you would have paid."

„I would have been part of the child‘s life. I think she didn't want that. She, she'd been disgusted by me."

Now it was Tony who drank his glass first.

„Why was she disgusted by you?"

Tony couldn't think of anything that man could have done somebody could be disgusted of.

„She saw me in bed with a friend of us."

Tony frowned. Betrayel was something he didn't expect from Gibbs but it wasn't a reason to be disgusted.

„So, she caught you cheating. But that doesn't explain why she was-"

„It was a man, Tony. She caught me in bed with a man."

Tony's mouth fell open. He had expected a lot when he drove to Gibbs place. A kick in the ass and a yelled „none of your buisness" was one of them but certainly not a confession about a trip on the wild side.

„I think she could never look at me and doesn't think of it again. You know, homosexual love wasn't that accepted as it is today. And certainly not where I lived. I mean I'm not homosexual, I'm bisexual but that was my first experience, and I hadn't any in many years after that. It took me some time to accept it."

Now he had said it. It was all out, well, nearly all, all he would say tonight. But now he had to wait for Tony to react.

Tony looked for the right words to express his mind but when nothing came out of his thinking he decided to take another shot of whiskey.

„So, you've only been with this one man, in your life?"

Ohhh, good thing to start with, DiNozzo. Ask your boss about his sexual experiences.

But against expectation Gibbs answered.

„As I said, he was the last in many years. But after I had started to work for NCIS I let myself more into it. I had tried to deny it but in the Marines, well, let's say I knew about it but never lived after it. I had some men in my life, not very many but some."

Gibbs lowered his eyes on his drink. How could he do that? How could he tell Tony all that?

Tony could see the tension building in Gibbs. He wanted to give the other man a hint. A hint that a try to come together wouldn't be rejected. That he in fact was only waiting for Gibbs to make the first step and somehow he thought that was exactly what Gibbs was doing all the time from the moment he had opened the door.

„You know, the first time I was with a man it was so bad that I hadn't done it for two years."

Tony laughed nervously. Gibbs looked confused at him. Had Tony just said that he had sex with a man?

„You know he wasn't very sensitive. He had done it pretty hard and didn't took much time for preperation. It hurt for a week."

Tony waited for Gibbs to get the information down.

„And after that? You tried it again?"

„Yeah, sometime...I found this guy who did it good. He showed me that it can be actually better than with women and from that on I did it sometimes."

Gibbs swallowed. Tony had found „that guy". He hated that. He wished he would have been that guy.

„But it still was only now and then. Maybe one of ten, probably less."

He saw Gibbs eyes return to his drink and he knew he had to get more specific.

„But some time ago, I met that guy. I want him since the first time I saw him but I didn't thought I could get him. And that really bothered me, because I, and that, Gibbs, is for sure, get everything I want!"

Gibbs looked up and saw something in Tony's eyes he had never seen before. It seemed that there was a fire burning behind them.

He cleared his throat.

„So you think you can get him?"

Tony smiled a bit. It was a wicked smile and usually Gibbs wouldn't like it but now it turned him on as hell.

„You tell me. You think I can get him?"

Gibbs instinctively leant forward.

„You could try."

Tony leant forward too until their lips were only a hair breath apart.

„I think I can."

Tony said and brushed his lips softly over Gibbs‘.

Gibbs pulled away soon and Tony tried to read his expression. For the first time Gibbs wasn't wearing any mask but he still couldn't see what the other man was thinking. Gibbs seemed to be staring into thin air and Tony silently prayed he wouldn't change his mind. He had accepted the kiss and now there was no going back, not really. Now Tony couldn't just work with him knowing that there could be more.

Tony stood up and walked around the table. He stood besides Gibbs and looked down but the older man neither spoke nor looked up.

He gently touched his shoulder.

„Gibbs?"

He still didn't answer.

„Hey, Jethro!?"

He looked up at him and Tony noticed the passion in his eyes.

Gibbs grapped Tony's shirt and pulled him down into an aggressive kiss.

Tony tried to straight up because his back started to hurt but Gibbs didn't let go of his shirt so he sat on Gibbs‘ lap legs on either sides of his new lover.

„You just scared the shit out of me."

Tony said when they broke for air.

„Yeah? Why?"

„I thought you had changed your mind."

Gibbs pulled Tony's hips closer and the younger man could feel Gibbs' hard cock through the other man's pants and his own was pressing against Gibbs‘ lower belly.

„Never, Tony."

He said and they kissed again.

A lot of things were running through Tony's head. Somewhere deep inside he thanked Abby silently for testing her own DNA.

He had seen a new Gibbs, he had seen Leroy, somebody not even Ducky had seen and that was the reason why he would love him till his dying day.
Chapter End Notes:
same, same, same