- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony has to deal with the dead of Amanda and with her boyfriend
Gibbs drove back to the hospital. With a kid in the car he drove very calm, almost annoying calm.

„It's 65 here, you can drive that fast."

Tony said from the back seat. He was sitting next to Lil since he wanted to explain to her what will happen.

„Honey, you remember your grandma, Linda, right?"

„She's in heaven."

The girl answered sadly.

„Yeah, you see, we told you that old people have to go to heaven but sometimes even young people have to go."

„Why?"

Tony looked pleading at Gibbs.

„Because their time is up. You can understand that?"

Lil nodded and Tony braced himself for what he was about to say.

„You know, honey, your mummy has to go to heaven, too."

„Soon?"

„Very soon, yes. Listen, I know you‘re gonna miss her, I'm gonna miss her, too, and it's ok to cry. Just, do you want to see her and say good bye?"

Lil looked at him with big sad eyes.

„Why has Mummy to go?"

„I don't know, honey, I wish I could give you an answer but I don't know."

Lil looked at her hands for a moment.

„I wanna say bye."

Tony stroke over her head.

„But she's maybe sleeping. The way to heaven is very exhausting and she has to sleep, just like you when we went very early to Disney, remember?"

„Is heaven like Disney?"

Tony smile shortly.

„Maybe, but I know it's nice there, and no matter where your mummy is she'll always be there and look after you, ok?"

Lil nodded just when Gibbs parked the car.

They exited the car and Gibbs rubbed Tony's back.

„You did good."

He said calmly entering the building.





45 minutes later Tony exited the room and his face told Gibbs everything.

„I'm sorry, Tony. I'm sure she was a nice woman."

„Yeah, she was. I wished you would have met her. She really was lovely."

Steve came along the hall and Tony's face went dark immidiatly.

„Jeth, I don't want him near her now, he'll say something..."

Gibbs nodded and took Lil off Tony's arms.

„Shall we go to the car and wait there for your Daddy?"

Lil nodded and snuggled to Gibbs. Tony smiled. Gibbs had this gift that kids immidiatly felt at ease with him, strange that kids love him and adults are scared of him.

„Tony, is she..."

„Yeah, she woke up and said good bye to Lil, then she fell asleep."

Tony eyed Steve suspicious. The other man looked sad, sure his girlfriend had just died, but there was something else, something Tony couldn't put his finger on.

„What about Lily? Where is she?"

„Lil,"

Tony pronounced the nickname.

„is with my boss in the car. She'll come home with me, I already signed papers and the rest of the papers will be done soon."

„You'll get Lily?"

„Her name is Lil! Not Lily, and yes, I'll get her. I don't know if you remember but I'm her father!"

„And a great father you are."

Tony took a deep breath and surpressed the urge to shoot that man.

„I have to go, I'll talk to Lil and if she wants to see you I won't stand between it, but if not don't ever come near her!"

Tony turned on his heals and left the hospital. No matter what Steve wanted to say Tony would never hear it.

Gibbs was standing at the car, Lil lay sleeping on the back seat.

„I‘ll need to go to their place. Lil needs cloths and her...her bed, I don't even have a bed for my daughter, and then...I‘ll need..."

„Tony! Let's go to their place and get clothing. You two can stay at my place tonight. I have a bed for her.Everything else we can do later, it'll be easier when we've planed some things."

Tony nodded slowly.

„Kay, thanks Jeth. This is a hell."
Chapter End Notes:
Still the same, thanks for feedback, and please more