- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Everything seems to back to normal, or isn't it?
For the next two weeks everything seemed normal. Gibbs and Tony got around eachother just as usual, maybe the headslaps came a bit less often but apart from that nothing out of the ordinary.

Tony hadn't told Steve about Gibbs. Even that the other man didn't seem to suspect anything he did seem to be jealous on Gibbs, but Tony was of course the last to notice, in fact he just didn't.

That something actually wasn't normal occured to Tony when he had to throw up one day. Since it was right after he'd woken up there wasn't much to vomit and the urge faded away quickly. Apart from that stomach anomaly he felt fine so he went to work.

„You ok, Tony?"

„Sure, boss, why are you asking?"

„You look like hell."

„Thanks boss, but I'm fine, really."

Gibbs nodded and left for his own desk.



„Yummy, Apples!"

Tony said as he entered the lab and saw the basket of fruit on Abby's desk.

„Go ahead. Some present of some admirer."

She said annoyed but then she turned again to Tony.

„Did you just say, „Yummy" and „apples" in one sentence?"

„Yeah. I'm craving for one all day! Dunno why..."

Abby looked suspicious.

„You haven't felt nauseatic lately."

Tony stopped with his mouth open and the apple halfway in.

„How do you know?"

„Tony, have you..."

She wanted to ask him if he was running late but that didn't happen with men. He still looked at her with big eyes.

„Tony, you and Steve, do you...are you playing it safe?"

„What do you mean? We're together for seven months. The condom we left behind."

„WHAT? Tony! Don't you know the risk?"

He laughed nervously.

„Abby, relax, I'm on the pill."

„Yeah, and you calculated that this pill came out only seven months ago and even the female birth control pill isn't 100 %!"

Tony smile vanished and his gaze went glassy.

„I want you without barriers."

„GOD! Abby! I can't be!"

Abby shrugged.

„Only one way to find out."



When working hours were over Tony went with Abby to the next drug store and bought a male pregnancy test.

„You wanna do this alone?"

„No way!"

Tony answered.

„I'll call Steve that I'll come home later."





Half a hour later they sat in Abby's bathroom.

„God, how long does this take? I thought it's a quick test!"

„It needs a minute more."

Both fell silent again until Abby asked.

„Boy or girl."

„Abby, that's the least of my problems."

„C'mon, Tony, even if you're pregnant it's not the end of the world. The mortality rate is getting lowed every year and you have a fine fiancé."

„Yeah, but what if it isn't from Steve."

Abby looked shocked at him.

„You did play it safe before, didn't you?"

„Sure, the problem is, once, after I started with the pill..."

„Wait, after you started? But you have been with Steve...you cheated on him?"

„It certainly wasn't planned and it was a one time, I made that clear, he made that clear, too."

„But, Tony, why no condom?"

Tony sighed. He had asked himself that many times.

„Because I wanted to FEEL him. Because I wanted that for so long and it finally happened. Because, I think...I love him."

Tony expected nearly every reaction from Abby but not understanding.

„And why are you still with Steve, then?"

„He doesn't want me, Abby. He only wanted sex, nothing more."

„You tell me..."

„I think time's up."

Tony said before Abby could finish her question. He looked down on the test and sighed.



„Hey, Steve! Are you there?"

„Kitchen."

Tony heard his fiancé voice. He seemed to be annoyed about something.

„Hey, hon. Whatcha doing?"

Tony asked and kissed Steve but didn't recieved a response to it.

„I'm washing my dishes, since you haven't been here, again, I had to eat alone."

„Sorry, Steve, but Abby had some problems she really had to talk about."

„Which problems?"

„What?"

„Tony, we're going to marry. We shouldn't have any secrets from eachother."

„That's right, Steve, but these are not my secrects but Abby's so I won't tell you. If she wants you to know she'll tell you."

„Tony!"

„No, Steve, I don't ask you for the secrets of your friends either. This has nothing to do with us."

Tony took a soda out of the fridge and went into the living room. Steve followed him.

„We weren't finished!"

„You think?"

Steve grapped Tony's arm and pulled him around.

„Hey! Quit that!"

„You think?"

„Steve, leave me alone!"

„Tony, I want you to understand my point. How can I trust you if you have secrets from me."

„I already said that..."

The slap came hard and Tony was that shocked that it started to hurt a second later.

Tony looked at Steve but the anger in the other man's eyes wasn't less.

„Steve, I think I should go to bed now..."

„You're not going...Where were you? And don't give me that Abby grap! Who is it, Tony? I know there is somebody!"

„I swear there isn't..."

This time Steve used his fist.
Chapter End Notes:
Same. Oh! Feedback, please! I need it like a addict needs a shot!