- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
"Yeah, Tony! Get to your perfect fiancé! Get the shit beaten out of you! I don’t care for you and your fucking brat!“
„You're late!"

Gibbs growled from behind when Tony stepped out of the elevator.

„Yeah, sorry, boss."

Gibbs got around and faced him. No matter what he planned to say it never came out and he frown.

„What's that?"

He asked pointing at Tony's black swollen eye.

„I tripped. You know me, I'm clumpsy."

„You tripped into a fist? Must have aimed good!"

„No fist, Gibbs. I tripped and hit the coffee table. Nothing to worry about."

Tony walked past Gibbs and sat at his desk. Gibbs followed him only footsteps behind.

„Did it happen this morning?"

„What?"

„Your eye."

„No, last night, why?"

„Because you've been late again, DiNozzo!"

Gibbs barked and sat behind his own desk.



Tony returned from the restroom for the fourth time that morning.

„God, DiNozzo! Do that report again, and this time check it twice! I really have enough of you FUCKING UP!"

Gibbs yelled and threw the report on Tony's desk before heading out for coffee.

Ok, now it was officially, Gibbs hated him.




When working hours were over Tony immidiatly left the office. No way he would do the same mistake again and get home late. Just before the doors of the elevator closed Gibbs jumped in.

Tony was trying to get out but Gibbs hold him back.

„You're pregnant?"

Tony tried to hit a button but Gibbs switched the energy off.

„I asked you a question."

„So, Abby told you..."

„She was concerned about your eye, just as I am."

„You're concerned, hah!"

„Tony!"

„Yes, I am pregnant."

„So, could it be that..."

„No. Steve and I decided to have kids and we both stopped taking the pills two weeks ago. Right after our little adventure. Yeah, Gibbs. I got out of your bed and once Steve got home we fucked like rabbits. The whole night and you know what? I completely forgot about you!"

Tony stared at Gibbs waiting for him to react but nothing happened. Gibbs thought he never had seen so much hate in Tony's eyes.

He switched the energy back.

„I think we don't have to say anything to eachother anymore."

Gibbs said and was out of the elevator as soon as the door opened.

Tony sighed. That night at home wasn't easier. When Tony came home he told Steve about his pregnancy.

„You're pregnant? That's amazing!"

„Amazing? We never talked about having kids. We're both taking the pill!"

„Well, I'm taking the pill."

Steve answered.

„What?"

„Well, I want kids with you, Tony. I want a kid from you! And you wouldn't have taken the risk, so...I changed the pills with placebos."

„YOU DID WHAT?"





When Gibbs got home he opened a new packet of cigarets. He had to admit it, he finally had started to smoke again. But the never ending fights, and later the silence, between him and Tony forced him to. Moreover he couldn't deny that felt jealous. Not only that Tony will have what he had lost, a child, a family, he would also have it with another man. A man Gibbs didn't even liked.


Tony stood up at five in the morning and went to the drug store. When he entered the bullpen at 7 AM his bruises, only the new ones, were under a big layer of make up. Yep, he finally had crossed the last line of being completely gay, using make up.

Noone noticed all day and Tony was glad about it.




Weeks went on and became months. After three months nothing had changed. At work Gibbs would yell at him and at home Steve would bash him. Steve not only thought he had an affair, he thought it was Gibbs. Everytime when Gibbs kept him in longer the bashing would be harder. But noone had noticed it since the first black eye.


Tony entered the bullpen at 10 AM. He walked straight to Gibbs‘ desk and put the doctor's certificate down. Gibbs nodded and Tony sat behind his desk. Both man hated it that they didn't talked at all, except when Gibbs was yelling at Tony.





„Gibbs! I asked you to come down a hour ago!"

Abby yelled at him when he entered the lab.

„Sorry, Abby. You didn't say that it‘s...ABBY!"

She dragged him into her office.

„You have to talk to Tony!"

„What?"

Gibbs tried to avoid Abby's gaze, for the first time she knew him.

„You were the one he betrayed Steve with."

Gibbs didn't answer, he didn't need to.

„You have to talk to him. I think Steve's beating him."

„Abby, don't you think Tony's strong enough..."

„Strong enough? He's pregnant, Gibbs! What would you do...No, bad examble. He is pregnant, and afraid of that. You think Tony could face that alone?"

„You think Tony would rather be bashed and threat the life of his child than leave Steve?"

Abby only looked at Gibbs.

„Shit! I promise I'll talk to him, but I can't promise that he'll listen."

„Just try it, Gibbs."




„Tony."

Tony looked up from his trance. He looked around and noticed that it already was 9 PM.

„Shit!"

He said and gathered his stuff.

„Tony, wait. We have to talk."

„No, Gibbs, I have to get home."

„Will he hit you if you're late?"

Tony turned to Gibbs again. He tried to smile but failed.

„I already told you that..."

„No, Tony. You lied to me and now I want the truth. Hell, you think I haven't noticed? You think I didn't see the make up in your face? The way you walk? You wince everytime you're touched and you're out of office as soon as possible."

„I'm builidng a family."

„No, Tony, this isn't you anymore."

„This isn't me? You don't know me, Gibbs! You never did!"

„What do you think he will do to your kid? You think he'll draw the line there? Did he promised you that?"

„Live him out of that."

„Him?"

„Yeah, it's a boy."

Tony said low. Gibbs saw how he instinctively touched his belly but the touch seemed tensed and protectively.

„He won't stop there, Tony."

„Why do you care?"

„I don't want to lose another Agent!"

Tony laughed hollow.

„Yeah, another Agent. That's all I am, another Agent. You know what? This is not your baby, this is not your life, so keep the fuck out of it!"

„You're my Agent, I have a responsibility to you."

„Fuck your responsibility. You never cared for me! And now that you had your dick up my ass once you think you have the right to judge about my life? I leave, Gibbs! I'm gone! And stay the hell away from me."

Tony said, just as Gibbs Tony got very quiet when he was really, REALLY pissed. He turned to leave.

„Yeah, Tony! Get to your perfect fiancé! Get the shit beaten out of you! I don't care for you and your fucking brat!"

Tony had stopped at the last words and looked at the envelope in his hand.

He took a last breath.

„I'll get my stuff tomorrow."

He said sadly and stepped into the elevator.
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback, feedback, feedback!