- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Its result didn’t change his mind. He knew what he had to do.
The next day Tony's hands were too shaky to apply the make up. Both his eyes were swollen and his shoulder hurt like hell from when Steve had dragged him into the bedroom after hours of bashing and for the rest of the night Steve took from Tony what he wanted.

When he stopped the engine of his car he took a few deep breaths. This would be the last time he would step into the bullpen. He straight went to his desk and put his stuff into a box.

„Please, Tony, please, stay!"

Abby said standing behind his desk and blocking the way out.

„Abby, please let me out."

His growing belly stopped him from climbing over the desk.

„Stay!"

She repeated and McGee and Ziva nodded. He looked over at Gibbs but the other man was working on his computer not spending attention to him.

„No. There's nothing for me to do here, anymore."

He said and pressed himself past her.




When he opened the front door he knew something was wrong. He didn't knew why, it was as if the air had changed. He swallowed.

„Steve?"

His voice was shaking in fear of the up coming.

Steve stepped out of the living room, in his hands was a letter. When he looked at Tony, the other man could only see anger, huge anger in his eyes.

„What is it?"

„I just asked myself what you need this for? A paternity test."
Tony raised his hand in a calming gesture.

„Steve, listen..."

„Listen? You ask me to listen? How many times you sweared me that you don't have an affaire? Huh? How many times Tony?"

„Steve, it was a one time! I swear!"

„You swear? You do?"













„Anthony....Anthony come back to us!"

Tony's eyes opened flattering. He lay in a white room and the light blinded him.

„Tony, you hear me?"

The second voice was female but it seemed far away.

„Anthony, can you hear us?"

Tony knew that scottish accent.

„Ducky..."

Tony said faintly. Ducky, Abby, Hospital. Tony sat upright in the bed and had Ducky's collar in his hand all of a sudden.

„The baby! Did anything happen to him?"

„Your child is fine Tony. But you should calm down now."

„How did I get here?"

„Abby found you in your bed bleeding."

„Where's,...where's Steve?"

Tony asked with a sudden wave of fear.

„Steve was gone before I got there. His things as well."

Abby answered and patted his arm.He closed his eyes again.

„That nightmare is over, Tony."

Tony couldn't hold back the tears. Abby took him in her arms but as much as he loved her she wasn't the one he needed right now.

„Where's Gibbs?"

He asked and Abby and Ducky changed a look.

„He didn't come. He said he doesn't have to do anything here. But he took the case. He'll get Steve, you know him."






Two days later Tony was discharged. Gibbs was never there. When Abby gave him a ride home she offered him to stay but he didn't accept.

The house was exactly like it was when Abby had found him. Furnitur lay across the rooms and drawers were out as if Steve had packed in a hurry.

The letter lay in the hall on the floor. Tony stepped up and took it. Its result didn't change his mind. He knew what he had to do.

He went up into his office, one of the few room where nothing was broken and sat down. He turned on his laptop and started to write.




Three hours later he had put everything he needed into the car and drove to Abby. He didn't call, he just put the keys to the house and a letter into the post-box.

Then he drove to Gibbs and left another letter there.

Then he left. He left Washington DC, he left Virginia, he left all his friends, his life behind, there was nothing left for him there.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok, two more, then I'm done...for now.