- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I guess the title says it all-
„Dom's asleep now."

Tony said as he walked quietly into the bedroom. Gibbs said on the bed looking at him piercingly.

„What?"

„Why didn't you tell me? I mean, you said..."

„I know, Jethro, and I'm sorry about it. Listen, the situation, it was...Steve's bashing was terrible. Every night we had a fight about something and it always ended the same way. When I had to work late it was even worse. The first time he had hit me when I did the test with Abby. She knew that you could have been the father, she was the only one. When I told him I hoped he would stop, to save the child. But he told me that he had manipulated my pills because he wanted a kid and we fought again. That was the first time he raped me."

„Why didn't you let me help?"

„You had hurt me. You said you didn't care for me and...I didn't want to show you that I'm weak."

Gibbs nodded. He could understand Tony.

„Why didn't you asked Abby? Or just left him?"

„I was pregnant, Jethro. I was scared like hell. I grew up with the knowing that male pregnancies aren't an easy walk. I thought I couldn't do it alone."

„You wouldn't..."

Gibbs wanted to protest but Tony raised his hand.

„Let me finish. It's hard enough to talk about it. That day I came in late, you remember?"

Gibbs nodded. It was the day he resigned. He would never forget that day.

„I had an appointment at my doc. For a paternity test. I got the results on that day. I hadn't opened it but the next day, the day I cleared my desk I came home and..."

„He had found the letter."

„Yeah. He always suspected me to have an affair. If Abby hadn't come that night, I don't think I would still be here. Until I came home I had no idea about the result. I thought it didn't even mattered to Steve, since he had the proof that I cheated on him. I found the letter though. I had turned out that Steve was certainly not the father of Dom. It didn't cange anything though. I still believed you didn't want me so I left. I had nothing holding me back and...being close to you hurt too much. Even being in the same state as you. Knowing tha you were always only a drie, a phone call away..."

Tony didn't go on. Gibbs had watched him the whole time. Tony hadn't looked up from his hands and his face still showed the pain of the last months.

„It was a hard time until Dom came. He's great. He has your temper though."

Tony smiled and finally looked up.

„Tony..."

„No, don't. I didn't told you that to make you feel guilty. You apologized for what you did and, well, we both made mistakes. I don't need to hear you're sorry, Jethro. I need to feel and see it."

Gibbs cupped Tony's cheek with his hand. He leant in for a soft affectionate kiss.

„Thank you."

Tony whispered.

„You're coming back, then? Abby will kill me if I come back with empty hands."

„Mhm, I'm curious what she'll do if you come back with a nine month boy on your arms."

A wicked grin showed on Tony's face. Gibbs gave him a soft head slap but smiled.








A week later Gibbs entered the bullpen. Everybody of the team, including Abby, Ducky and Jimmy stood there waiting for him. He saw them standing in a small circle definitely they had already a pool running. He put up his most annoyed expression and walked over to his desk without a word. He put down his coffee and put his gun away. He started his computer playing oblivious to the group staring at him.

„Gibbs!"

Abby only said and glared at him. He gave her a look and her mouth fell open.

„No! He must have been there! His son's name is Domenic Jethro Todd! Jethro and Todd! That can't be a coincident!"

„Oh, he was there."

Gibbs said and the others changed looks.

„Oh, Jethro, I'm so sorry. What happened?"

„What should have happened?"

He asked and looked at Ducky. The group stood there with puzzled expressions. Ziva was the first to find her voice.

„Didn't you apologize?"

„I did!"

Gibbs said defendingly at the reproaching tone.

„Had you fought?"

„No, we haven't, McGee!"

„Then, why didn't he come back, Gibbs?"

Abby asked furious.

„Who said I didn't come back?"

The goth spun around. Tony stood directly behind her the carriage a few feet away to save Dom from the first attack.

And it happened exactly as he had expected it. For a second Abby stood there in shock not moving. Then her eyes lit up and he had arms full of Abby all of a sudden.

„GOD! Tony! So good to have you back!"

Then she let go off him and he smile. She punched him hard on the upper arm.

„OUCH!"

That he hadn't seen coming.

„NEVER! Do that again! You scared the shit out of me!"

She said warningly. Not quite sure if she talked about the running away or the joke about not coming back he nodded anyway rubbing his arm.

„Anthony, good to see you healthy and everything!"

Ducky said andpulled the man into a tight embrace aswell. To Tony's surprise even McGee and Ziva hugged him. Jimmy unsure what to do held out his hand. Tony took it and shaked but then pulled the young man into a hug aswell.

„Ok, ok, him you already know, say hello to the new guy."

Gibbs said from the baby carriage. He had moved there unnoticed and had now his son on his arms.

„People, that's Domenic Jethro Todd DiNozzo."

Gibbs said and his eyes flashed with pride.

„Soon to be DiNozzo-Gibbs."

Tony said.

„DiNozzo-Gibbs?"

McGee asked confused.

„He's my son after all."

Gibbs said and he smiled as bright as only Ducky had seen him once.

„Oh, my good! Isn't that the cutest boy on the entire globe?"

Abby said and bounced up and down until Gibbs gave in and handed him over, but not before she had put down the collar with spikes. Dom played with her pigtails and laughed.

„He likes me!"

„How couldn't he?"

Tony said and Gibbs put his arm around his love's waist. The two fathers watched the team play with the new team member, as McGee, Ziva and Abby called him, until Tony took him into his arms.

„I think the big boy needs some sleep."

The little boy shook his head and tapped on Abby's pigtails so they swang and laughed.

„Oh yes, Daddy thinks so."

He put him down into the carriage and five minutes later he was sleeping as if he would never wake.

„We would like to have you all over for dinner tonight. As a little welcome home party."

Gibbs said and Tony nodded his agreement.

„You don't want to rest first?"

Ducky asked being the doctor he was.

„Actually we are here for three days already, don't hit me again, Abby!"

Tony said before the goth even had moved.

„Ok, we'll be there. Time?"

Abby asked still adoring the sleeping boy.

„2000, my place."

„Little party here?"

Director Sheppard had chose this moment to show up. She forced herself to a smile when she spotted Tony.

„Agent DiNozzo. You're back."

„It's Mr. DiNozzo. I'm not an Agent anymore. But yes I'm back."

„And you're planning on a little party for your comeback."

She said nearly begging for invitation.

„Just a dinner with friends, Director Sheppard."

Gibbs answered coldly and stepped next to Tony. He kissed him on the cheek before he whispered.

„Ready to go?"

Tony nodded and they said short bye and left.







The dinner was just as pleasent as Tony had wished. Everybody was laughing and nobody asked him uncomfortable questions, well at least not if you don't think Ducky's question about the birth were uncomfortable.

„You really have to keep an eye on him! He'll make the girls crazy one day."

Ziva said and grinned.

„Or the boys, or both, who knows."

Abby said and grinned, too.

„Well, he will if he comes after his fathers."

McGee said and Tony looked surprised at him. The younger agent seemed to have changed in his absence.




When everybody had left Tony stood in the nursery watching his son sleep. He felt Gibbs presence behind him just before he felt the other man's hands on his hips and his soft lips on his neck.

„You're coming to bed?"

„Yeah, soon."

Tony said but they both stayed for quite a wile like that just enjoying the life they were able to finally start together.

Tony thought his life certainly wasn't the stuff you makefairy tales from but this was just a perfect, little wierd, story book happy ending.
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback. And I thikn there'll be more about the family Gibbs/Tony/Dom, if you liked this one.