- Text Size +
Kate stirred and turned, a strong pair of arms around her waist.

The previous night had been the most furious, full of wanton desire and fulfilled dreams, night she'd ever experienced.

She'd never, in her whole life, come so many times and felt so complete.

It was as if they'd never had enough of each other. They had needed more and more and more… . So they'd taken everything and more until they'd collapsed exhausted but satiated.

Looking at the man peacefully asleep now next to her, she couldn't help but let her mind wandered back to each moment of the previous night.

His rough and powerful hands travelling every inch of her body, his words echoing in her ears and her, losing herself in his loving, protective and possessive blue eyes.

Satisfied by the vision of Gibbs lying close to her and still tired by their night activities, her left cheek and right hand on his bare chest as one of his hands was pressing against the small of her back, she calmly went back to sleep.


***************************


When she woke up again, she felt a caring hand stroking her hair.

" Good morning !" she heard a low and gentle voice telling her and opened her eyes which fell on Gibbs' intense stare. A smile instantly appeared on her face.

" Hmmm morning !"

Gibbs was sitting, fully clothed, at the edge of the bed and as he leaned down to meet her lips, her nose captured a strong smell of sawdust. He'd already found time to work on his boat !

" What time is it ?" she asked in a hoarse voice and he smirked at her.
God she loved that smirk. God, she wanted him so much right now.

" Already 10 o'clock, you're damn lucky it's Sunday ‘cause you would have need a hell of an excuse to come to work this late !"

" Well I have the best one, you wore me out !" trying to sound reproachful but miserably failing.

" Yep, can I help it if I'm that good ?" he replied, his smirk still firmly in place.

She grabbed his collar with both hands and led him toward her so he could feel every inch of her naked body through his clothes and as his lips brushed hers she murmured a languorous "shut up" before closing the gap and tasting his coffee-breathed mouth, feeling his smile against her lips.

They were so caught up in the moment and in each other's skin that they nearly missed the ringing of a phone which suddenly broke the peace of this sweet Sunday morning in Gibbs's bedroom.

" It's mine." Kate whispered as Gibbs' mouth was dangerously close to her left nipple.

He sighed loudly the pulled back and sat up in the bed as Kate reached the clothes they'd carelessly discarded at the foot of the bed last night.

She finally found the damn object and opened it to find out who decided to disturb their perfect morning.

A ray of light entered the room and Gibbs' eyes suddenly fell on the twinkling ring on Kate's left hand.

He had succeeded in avoiding it during the whole night but in the morning light it seemed bigger and more sparkling than ever and his attention was uncontrollably drawn to it.

And all of a sudden he knew who was calling Kate, why she wore that guilty look on her face and why she still hadn't answered her phone.

As the person at the other end of the phone finally gave up, an awkward silence fell in the room.

Gibbs felt his jealousy progressively growing and Kate couldn't even look him in the eye. He knew that actually asking the question would lead in suffering, again, but he needed to hear it from her lips.

" Who was it ?"

She instantly knew, at this instant, that their magic little morning was over. Why did he have to ask ?

" It was… it was Mark." She murmured, slowly raising her head to look in two icy and piercing eyes.

" Well you should probably call him back, you don't want him to worry too much, huh ?" his tone becoming more bitter with every words.

" Gibbs…"

" What Kate ? We both had what we wanted, now we can go back to our lives. You can use the shower if you want and close the door when you leave."

And with that he left the room and a few seconds later she heard his basement's door being violently slammed.
She passed a nervous hand in her hair.

What the hell was wrong with that man ?
She knew he didn't want just a one night stand. If the way he had touched her, kissed her, looked at her and marked her during their night was any indication he wanted her for a long time, a very long time.

So what ? Hadn't she made it clear last night ? Hadn't he understood what he meant to her ?

Sure men were obtuse, thick and blind about this kind of things but how could a man like Gibbs, with his experience and his investigative skills, be just like other men and not see what she'd given to him by coming last night ?