- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tim wakes up.
A day later he woke up to the sounds of Abby talking on the phone.

"No. She said she would be arriving at 11.00 at night, not in the morning. Tony it is not that big off a deal. Drive back and I'll go pick her up tonight." sighing Abby closed the phone.

Abby looked up to see Tim's eyes fluttering.

"Tim?" she quietly asked as she grabbed his hand. On receiving no response she tried louder.
"Tim?"
"Where-where am I?" he quietly asked as he adjusted to the stark lights and Abby's face swimming in front of him.
"You're at the hospital. Stay here while I get a doctor."
"It hurts Abby." Tim groaned in pain as coloured lights went off in his head, promptly passing out.
"Oh my God. Tim? Shit! Doctor, doctor, I need a doctor." she muttered to her self as she ran out of the room.
**********************************************************************************

Three days later Tim was fully conscious and sitting up in bed. Abby had managed to pick up his sister without trouble, unlike Tony, and she had been staying in Tim's apartment and at the hospital.

Tony had been surprised at how many people had visited McGee. Sure, he knew he had friends, and he'd only met a few, but he had been sent heaps of cards and figurines of characters he had never heard of from films he'd never seen. What had come over even more of a surprise was that McGee's sister had not been the women in the photos he had looked through. No, Alice McGee, was of average height and weight, blond hair and glasses with a definite professional look about her that only lawyers have.


Upon walking into his hospital room he found McGee, Ziva and another of McGee's numerous friends playing poker. A large amount of chips were in the pot but not nearly as much as McGee had in reserve compared to what Ziva and the other guy had.

"Glad to see you haven't lost your touch Tim." grinned the nameless man. "We can still go to poker tournaments when you get out."
"Yeah, I can still win all your money Mark. Think of it as pay-back for making me live in a pig sty of a dorm during college." McGee grinned back.

Seeing Tony he raised an eyebrow, silently asking if there was any news.

"Didn't know you were so good at poker McGee. Why didn't you tell us?" Tony asked as he sat down in the chair next to Ziva.
"He didn't tell you? Gosh, we've been playing for months haven't we Tim?" Ziva interrupted before McGee could say anything. "He had to teach me the rules- I only know the Israeli version." she winked at Tony.
"Ahh. Yeah. My grandmother taught me when I was, ah, growing up." McGee muttered awkwardly, knowing Tony would be upset for not being included. No matter how Tony acted or what he said. Tim knew that he strived for love and attention, even from Tim. He Hadn't meant for it to exclude Tony, it's just that Abby had asked him if he had planed to enter a local tournament that was coming up and Ziva over heard, mentioning she had always wanted to learn, and so became Poker Night. They tried to have it once a week but rarely that worked, so they went for whenever they were free. Yet what with Tim being sick and all they hasn't had some recently, so when Mark turned up Ziva asked if they could have a few rounds.

"Have you had any new from the doctor?" Tony asked, changing the topic.

"No. Not yet." Tim answered shortly. He was grateful that his friends had come to visit him, especially his colleges, but he didn't want them to see him like this. He knew that he was being irrational and tat when they would begin chemo to try and get the tumour out he would want, and need, all the support he could get- yet that didn't make him happy about it.

"I'll see what I can find out." Ziva interrupted, sensing the tenseness of the situation. She quickly got up and left, discreetly looking at Mark and eyeing the door.
"All accompany you." he quickly muttered, following her out the door.
***********************************************************************************
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry it took so long to update... stupid writer's block. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it...please review.