- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
As you can see from the title, Tim goes back to hospital.
Three hours later found Tim hunched over a silver pan, throwing up what he had eaten in the last 24 hours, and it didn't amount to much. He was getting thoroughly sick of this- literally. He enjoyed being home but havening to come back to the hospital was tedious and for the rest of the day he had no energy for anything but menial tasks.

Abby had been a great help so had Nick and a couple of other friends. Tony and Ziva came to visit when they could but he knew they were busy at work what with the new agent and the agent on loan whilst he was sick and everything. Ziva used to bring over home cooked meals so he didn't have to cook but he rarely ate these days and when he did it was on a restrictive diet of mainly little pills that stopped him from throwing up. But everyone else enjoyed the food.

He knew it sounded shallow and such a guy thing to say but Tim was annoyed that the treatment he was on prevented him from having sex. At all. The doctors assured him that once the treatment stopped he would be back in ‘full working order' but he had his doubts. Knowing that Abby had always had open relationships and doubted that she would wait around for sex he had quietly told her one night whilst watching some nameless movie that she had hired that he wouldn't mind if she started dating someone else, or had sex with others. She had just looked at him, smiled, lightly kissed him and then rubbed the top of his head. She had been doing that a lot lately, ever since he had no hair, claiming he was like Buddha and would bring her luck. He had never doubted her more.


Slowly wiping his mouth Tim took a shaky breath. Nick helped him lay back down as he tried to level his breathing and fighting off sleep.
"Come one, you can sleep when we get you home." Nick murmured as he pulled Tim out of the hard hospital bed and into the wheelchair that was provided after every ‘session'.
"Where's Abby gone?" Tim muttered, trying to keep his head up and eyes open. Looking around the sterile room he found no trace of her and looked back at Nick.
"Ohh. She was called in by your boss, some major case or whatever." Nick replied, pushing Tim down the corridor.
Tim grunted and Nick continued.
"you know Tim, I really wonder why you got into law enforcement sometimes, I mean, you were the best of us all, and now you rarely work with the machines you love and the theories of it all. And, I hate to mention it, but will you be fit for field work once this is over?"
"IF this is over." Tim replied quietly, lowering his head.
"hey, hey. Don't start talking like that. You'll only depress yourself."
Tim couldn't help but laugh bitterly.
*****************************************************
Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE review.