- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back at Tim's place.
Nick stared blankly at the television in front of him, flicking through channels without actually seeing anything. He knew Tim liked to be left alone after his treatment so he had let his sleep as soon as they had gotten back but he hadn't left, knowing that although Tim liked to his weakness in things that mattered he would be grateful if Nick stayed.

Hearing a knock at the door Nick muted the television and went to answer it, stretching his tired muscles on the way. Opening the door he found Abby, her overnight bag on one shoulder, waiting to be let in.
"Hey Abby, come on in." nick smiled. He had gotten to know her the most over the last couple of months out of Tim's colleagues and because Tim often spoke of her when they hung out together.
"Hi Nick. How's Tim doing?" Abby asked as she dropped her bag by the door.
"Asleep. Has been since we got back." Nick sighed as he sat back down on the couch, visibly seeing Abby's shoulders sink, knowing she didn't have to put on a mask for Tim.
"You can talk about it, you know." Nick offered a few minutes later to stop the silence that had engulfed them as they both sat staring at the soundless television screen.
"Talk about what?"
"How you feel." Nick simply stated.
"I feel fine." Abby quickly replied.
Nick sighed and waited.
"He told me I could date other people if I wanted." she finally sighed, drawing her knees up under her chin.
"Hmm. And will you?"
"No!" at Nick's raised eyebrow she continued.
"Well, I mean I'm all for ‘open' relationships but this is Tim, you know, he's the one that I would get married to and have kids with."
"You want marriage and kids?" Nick asked surprised, knowing that Tim had often stated that he would never have a conventional life with Abby.
"Ergh, no, but hypothetically, he would be the one. But now he is sick, and he is going to get better, but sometimes I wonder, what if he doesn't? I know I don't act it but I wouldn't know what I'd do." after a prolonged silence she glanced at Nick, wondering why he wasn't talking.
"I know how you feel." was all he said.
Abby stared at him. How could this man know of anything she was feeling? How could he know anything of what she was going through?
"how dare you say that." she coldly stated, pushing herself up from the couch to pace the room. "how dare you think you know what is going on in my head. How could you know what-"
"Abby!" Nick quickly cut her off. "I know. My-my wife died last year."
Abby stopped in he tracks, starring at Nick.
"h-how?"
"Cancer. She had cancer. So yes, I know exactly what you are going though."
Abby fell into Nick's arms. Allowing herself to show her need for the first time.
"Oh God. What am I going to do?"
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry this took so long, I've been sick recently.
Please review.
For the person who offered to be my betta, I would love one, I couldn't reply because my computer crashed and you e-mail was lost so please, e-mail me again.
Thankyou.