- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I have only written a couple of chapters ans would appreciate any comments as this is my first story
Author's Chapter Notes:
Time To Trust is about the team learning to work as a unit without the leadership of Gibbs
Chapter One

New Start

What a horrible morning Hannah thought staring out of her bedroom window at the dreary weather outside, she couldn't believe that it was already 0630hrs as she felt as if she had only just gone to bed five minutes before when really she had slept for eight hours. Hannah dragged herself out of her comfortable bed and head towards the bathroom to turn on the shower to try and wake herself up before embarking on her new challenge as an NCIS agent based in Washington DC, this was a far cry from her home In New York where she was born and raised and was a police officer with the NYPD for 5 years,
Hannah Morris is 24 years old with blonde shoulder length hair and a curvaceous figure which like most women wished she could change. Before going in for her shower Hannah went through to her kitchen and turned on her coffee machine so that when she emerges form her shower hopefully more awake her coffee will be brewed and waiting as Hannah was most definitely not a morning person.

Hannah had moved to Washington from New York a week ago thinking that a week would be enough time to get everything unpacked and feel settled in her new apartment which was a lovely two bed roomed apartment with a lovely view of a local park, it was only a twenty minute drive away from her new place of employment which was what also made the apartment ideal for Hannah as she was nothing if punctual, in her whole five years as an officer in New York she was never late for her shifts and often worked extra hours as she hated any unfinished business and before she finished up in New York she made sure that all her case work was up to date and handed over to her desk sergeant.

Hannah who was raised by her mother and lived in a small apartment just Hannah, her mum and her younger sister Amy who was four years her junior they never had much but no matter how grown up she and her sister got they are still a very close family, Hannah's father was a violent man with a drink problem who used beat her mother frequently while Hannah would watch from behind her bedroom door hiding scared incase he came for her and her sister which is one of the reasons Hannah is so protective of her baby sister and her mum even though Amy and her mum can look after themselves no problem. After years of abuse her mother finally built up the courage to throw her father out and began to raise her daughters on her own with the help of her family, but Hannah still felt the need to grow p very quickly and the bond between her and her mum became every stronger as they relied on each other for emotional support. As soon as Hannah was old enough she left school no college education and went straight into the police force so that she was earning an income to help with the house hold bills and her sister, though she sometimes wishes she could have had a longer childhood if she had she may not have turned into the person she is today a strong independent career woman. Hannah's mothers family where an extremely close and loving family made up of her grandparents her Aunts and her cousins though Hannah especially doted on her Grandfather who she thought of as her dad as he was at every school meeting, birthday and Christmas Show for all of his grandchildren but was especially protective of Hannah and she really liked the fact that he was always there fighting her corner and had told her he was especially proud of her when she had joined the police force and the way when things had gotten tough for her mum she stood up to the plate no questions asked. Although things where tough for her mother she managed to give her daughters a great childhood and Hannah was grateful for that as she had seen many of her old school friends get involved in crime and drugs, this was partly because every summer Hannah got to spend six weeks of the school break with her grandparents and cousins out at there family cabin in the country which had been in there family for generations, Hannah's grandparents had meet in the country as both of there family's had cabins in the country and where evacuated to them during World War 2 until her grandfather went to serve in World War 2 when he turned twenty one and once he returned her grandparents got married and started there family.

Now fully dressed Hannah headed towards the door and checked the time to make sure she was running on schedule before setting off to NCIS head quarters to meet her new boss and colleagues at 0800hrs she was nothing if not punctual Hannah hated to be late for anything and was usually early for an appointment.

Hannah arrived at the head quarters at 0750hrs and was greeted by a male early twenties he was tall well built and fresh faced and introduced himself as Agent McGhee, he was very friendly and made her feel automatically at ease even though he seemed to be a little uncomfortable "Hi I'm Agent McGhee pleased to meet you" he smiled at her nervously then proceeded to say in the same uncomfortable way "So you were an NYPD officer, that must have been exciting?" Agent McGhee smiled at Agent Morris, Hannah had made a point of reading up on her new colleagues and knew Agent McGhee was the newest Agent at NCIS apart from herself and Agent Davied though she wasn't strictly NCIS as she was only a liaison officer "Yea you could say that, it was most definitely interesting at times, though I would imagine since you joined NCIS you've had your fair share of interesting moments" Hannah said with a cheeky smile on her face "Well yea I guess you say that, working with Tony and Zeva there is definitely never a dull moment Gibbs was always having to split them up" he stopped and looked at Hannah an grinned nervously again "sorry Agent Gibbs was our boss he recently retired" "I know Agent Gibbs by reputation, you are all spoken very highly of I also heard what happened to your friend Agent Todd I was sorry to hear about it I lost colleagues to and it's never an easy thing to get passed" she smiled at him with a warm concerned smile "Yea she was defiantly one of a kind and could keep Tony on his toes" he turned and looked at Hannah and let out a small more confident laugh.

They arrived upstairs and where greeted by another male late twenties tall handsome and confident, she took this Agent to be the newly appointed team leader Agent Tony Danozzo, who was originally a Baltimore cop and who came from a wealthy family though his parents made sure he couldn't get any of his in heritance until they had passed away as they wanted there son to learn how to make an honest living and not just live off of there hard work, the female Agent she took to be Zeva Davied who was a mossad officer working in liaison with NCIS she was a very highly skilled and trained officer and who's record spoke for itself, Agent Danozzo shook Hannah's hand "Agent Morris welcome to NCIS I am Agent" Hannah interrupted him "Tony DiNozzo and I take it you must be Ziva" she put her hand out to shake Ziva's hand "I like to do my home work and know who I am going to be working with" Ziva shook her hand reluctantly "Well you certainly impressed me" DiNozzo said with his famous cheeky smile "So you moved here from New York?" "That's correct Agent Dinozzo I came down about a week ago" "Ok so you managing to find your way around DC ok?" he looked towards Ziva who had answered her phone he knew she wasn't sure of Agent Morris she never was any good at being diplomatic "Yes thanks" Hannah was also well aware of Zeva's doubts "Good I'm glad, well I have to escort you to our directors office ASAP to meet your new boss" Agent Danozzo and Morris turned and headed towards the stairs leading up to M-TAC.

Upstairs Agent Morris and Danozzo went through to the directors office where Director Shepard moved towards the Agents and shook Agent Morris's hand "Agent Morris welcome to the team, are you settling in to DC life ok? I must say you have a very impressive record from NYPD your Sergeant speaks very highly of you and if you need any help settling in to your new role please my door is always open" Director Shepard smiled at Hannah "Thank you director but my initial induction was very helpful in answering any of my questions but if I think of anything I will let you know, I really appreciate the offer" Hannah was very impressed with how at ease the director was with her and how approachable she was "That's not a problem, well Agent Dinozzo I hope you are going to give Agent Morris a guided tour of her new surroundings and introduce her to the rest of the team" Agent Danozzo was already up and out of his seat "Of course director I was going to do that as soon as we were finished here" "I would say we are finished unless you have questions Agent Morris I know there is a lot for you to take in?" "No Director thank you" Agent Morris shook the director's hand and headed with Agent Dinozzo towards the door, once outside of the directors office Agent Dinozzo turned to Hannah "So what do you think of us so far?" "Well so far I am impressed with what I have seen but if that changes I will let you know" she answered in a sarcastic tone, Danozzo could tell he and Agent Morris would get along just fine as he never could stand anyone who took themselves to seriously.

Down stairs Dr Mallard aka Ducky was finishing off an autopsy on a naval officer who had been killed in what they thought where suspicious circumstances which turned out to be accidental, he was just finishing cleaning his instruments when he heard the automatic doors open, he looked up to see Agent Donozzo entering through the doors "Tony and to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" Ducky turned back to finish clearing his instruments away "Just came down to introduce the newest member of our team to our favorite M E" again said with his cheeky smile "Hello my dear I am Dr Mallard or Ducky as I am known it is a pleasure to have you on board" " Hello I'm Hannah Morris and the pleasure is all mine, I have read some of your published work and I must say you can make a very boring topic easy to read and that is a very rare talent, I am looking forward to working along side someone as well respected as yourself in the field of forensics" Hannah was no stranger to using charm with a well placed smile of her own "Why thank you my dear and please don't take this the wrong way but you have the most beautiful eyes very kind and gentle, you remind me of a girl I knew back in Scotland while I was studying for my medical degree she was a very lovely girl whom I was very fond of" Ducky seemed to go into his own little world reminiscing about the good old days "Thank you Dr Mallard" Hannah quickly corrected herself "sorry Ducky, coming from you I could only take it as a complement" Agent Dinozzo was amused and impressed at how good Agent Morris was at charming everyone around her a talent that he himself was very good at, "I have still to introduce you to Duckys assistant Jimmy but he is off on leave this week but I will take you up to the lab to meet our local forensic scientist Abby" Dinozzo winked at Ducky "See you later Ducky" Hannah and Tony left Autopsy and headed towards the elevator she turned towards Agent Dinozzo "as you are our team leader what should I call you?" the elevator doors opened and they both stepped into the elevator Tony looked at Hannah and answered her question "Agent Dinozzo or Tony will be fine" he said smiling at her as he was still impressed with how she managed to wrap Ducky around her finger so quickly.

Upstairs in her lab Abbey was doing her usual dancing about to her hard core music and running analysis on her hi tech machines, she was eccentric but very good at what she does, she was mid dance when she heard the door to her lab open, she looked up to see Tony moving towards her "Tony how are you? What can I do for you?" she said excitedly "Hi Abbey I just wanted to bring the newest member of the team up to meet our beautiful Forensic Scientist, Abbey this is Agent Hannah Morris" Hannah stepped forward with her hand out stretched "Hi Abbey it's nice to meet you! I love the photos on your wall did you take them yourself, they're very unusual?" Again Agent Danozzo was impressed with how quickly Agent Morris got Abbey on side "Yea I did take them my self they are crime scene blood spatters and Wounds, I think they are very artistic" Abbey was immediately at ease with the new agent which is not always the case as she has found it extremely difficult to trust Ziva as she blamed her for a part in Kate's death to whom she was very close "I can see you are a very artistic person with a great eye for detail and I look forward to working with you and getting to know you better" Hannah took an automatic liking to Abbey as she was like a breath of fresh air very honest and passionate about what she does a lot like she was.

Back in the office McGhee and Ziva where sitting at there desks discussing the new arrival "I don't know McGhee she seems a little to forward for my liking" "Well from the little time I spent with her this morning I think she will fit in just fine and going by what we have been told about her she knows her stuff and is a good person to have at your back in a fight"

On route back to the office Hannah found herself staring at Agent Dinozzo as she couldn't see him as a spoiled rich kid "Something you want to ask me Agent Morris or am I just so handsome you can't take your eyes off me" he said smiling at her "sorry I didn't realize I was staring I was just thinking how with your smile I bet you could get away with a lot" nice cover she thought looking at the floor as she was embarrassed at being caught "Well I can charm my way out of most things but from what I have seen today you might give me a run for my money" Just then the elevator doors opened out at the main office, walking back to there desks Agent Dinozzo lets out a small laugh and looks at Hannah "I must admit you really impressed me with just how quickly you have gotten Ducky and especially Abbey on side" "Well working out on the streets in New York and Brooklyn you learn pretty quickly how to talk and charm your way out of a hostile situation which I find comes in handy in every day life as well" "Tony the director called down and would like you and Agent Morris to report to her office ASPA" Tony looked at Ziva with a puzzled expression "Ziva I think you mean ASAP did she say what is was about" "No sorry she just asked me to pass on the message" Zeva grinned at him sarcastically.

Upstairs in the directors office Agent Dinozzo and Agent Morris sat across from the director "Sorry about the cryptic message but I have had your old Sergeant on the phone Agent Morris regarding your old acquaintance Detective Ruchelli do you recognize the name?" "Yes director I worked beside him for a few months when I was training for my Detective badge why what's happened?" Hannah asked with concern in her voice as her and Detective Ruchelli had become more than just colleagues for a few months but then Hannah had broken it off when she had found out that he was seeing another officer and she was expecting his baby "He was working what he thought was a simple domestic complaint that he had followed to an apartment in Washington, but when his uniformed back up arrived they found the apartment covered in blood and Detective Rochelli lying unconscious on the bathroom floor, he looked as though he had been taken by surprise and beaten quite badly" Director Shepard was now leaning towards Agent Morris as if to offer a supportive hand "Is he ok? What do they need us for was there navy personnel involved?" Hannah was trying to hide the concern in her voice as she didn't want to reveal how close she was to the Detective "The family whose apartment it was the male Lt Scott Michael whose is based Norfolk and who was in New York to visit his ex-girlfriend and two year old son Madison, but there has been no sign of them since the original 911 call and the blood in the apartment is that of Lt Michael, I would like it if you and Agent Dinozzo could go to the hospital and interview Detective Rochelli and get Agent McGhee and Davied to go to the apartment and gather evidence" "No problem director I will get them over to the apartment ASAP and we will get to the hospital straight away" Danozzo gestured to Agent Morris to head towards the door so Hannah got up and headed towards the door along with Agent Dinozzo "Tony could you hold on a second please!" Agent Dinozzo turned to Agent Morris "Hannah could you wait for me downstairs I won't be a second! Thanks" "Sure no problem I will get my things together" Hannah left the room and headed back downstairs "Agent Dinozzo from what I have been told from Agent Morris old Sergeant she and Detective Rochelli were a bit more than just colleagues so this will probably be a tough first assignment so could you keep a close eye on her, I am not denying she is a very capable Agent but at the end of the day she still human and I don't think it ended on the best terms" "Of course Director and I will keep you updated on any progress"











Chapter Two

Portsmouth Hospital



1200hrs Detective Rochelli lies in his hospital bed trying to watch TV in his private hospital room, though finding t difficult to focus as his left eye was swollen shut and his right eye has been badly bruised he was just about to dose off when he heard a familiar voice saying "Hi Jimmy " he turned to see a vague figure standing in the door way "Who's there?" "Sorry Jimmy its" he stopped her mid sentence "God I must have hit my head harder than I thought I could swear I can hear Officer Hannah Morris" "It is Hannah, I see you still cant keep yourself out of trouble eh Jimmy" she moved in closer so that he could see her face as she realised that he was finding it difficult to focus on anything from a distance "So I'm not imagining you then, your looking good Hannah how you been?" "Well better than you by the looks of things, so Jimmy about what happened to you last night" she said hoping to keep off the subject of how things ended between them as this was not a topic she wanted brought up in front of her new boss Agent Danozzo "Could you tell us what happen from the very beginning so we can gather as much information as possible to match up with our crime scene photo's and analysis?" "Well to be honest I don't remember that much sorry I took a pretty hard blow to the head and all I can remember is that when I arrived at the apartment it was covered in blood but I couldn't see anyone in the apartment, but obviously there was and they have hit me from behind cause I never seen the blow coming, sorry I can't give you more to work on" he said looking at Hannah with regret in his eyes "That's fine Jimmy don't worry about it but if anything comes back to you if you say to the nurse and we will leave our contact details with her for them to get in touch" Hannah gently touched his hand to let him know that she really was ok with everything that happened in the past although she would never admit it she still had feelings for Detective Rochelli and she felt physically sick when the director had told her he had been injured.

Outside the Detectives room Agent Dinozzo stopped in front of Agent Morris "So the atmosphere I there was pretty tense, is there anything I should know regarding you and the Detective, anything that may come up later on that I need a heads up on?" he said smiling at her to let her know that it is not an interrogation rather a friendly observation "No Agent Dinozzo nothing important and if that changes or I feel this is to much you will be the first person I tell" she smiled back acknowledging that she was grateful for his concern but she really was ok.

Out at Lt Michael's apartment Agent McGhee and Davied where painstakingly going over every inch of the lieutenant's apartment hoping to find a vital piece of evidence that will give them an idea as to what happened to the Lieutenant and his family. Agent McGhee was working in the bathroom where the Detective had been attacked and found some wood chippings on the tiled floor that looked out of place as everything in the bathroom was ceramic "Hey Zeva come look at this for me will you" Agent Davied came in to the bathroom form the bedroom where she had almost finished anyway "McGhee what's wrong"
Chapter End Notes:
I have only written a couple of chapters ans would appreciate any comments as this is my first story