- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Blame maggie for this idea. I hope you like this
Author's Chapter Notes:
The song and the title say it all
Why does it always have to come down
To you leaving
Before I say "I Love You"
And why do I always use the words
That cut the deepest
When I know how much it hurts you
Oh baby why, do I do that to you?

- Jason Aldean


"Tony, no. I'm going." Ziva said as she stared at Tony, the bruises on her arm standing out more than ever.

"Why baby? We can have fun. Come on, Zee-vah. You know I didn't mean what I said. You know I love you. "

"No. I 'm leaving, Tony. I don't want to stay."

"Yes you do, Ziva." Tony said, his tone becoming forceful.

"No means NO, Tony. Bye." she said as she turned around to head out the door. She heard Tony's heavy footsteps behind her and she quickened her pace.

"ZIVA!" Tony yelled. He grabbed her arm and spun her around, pushing her against the wall. Despite all of her Mossad training, Ziva didn't fight back. Fighting would only make things worse. Tony attacked Ziva, his hands hitting her already bruised body, his nails scratching her. He twisted her arm around behind her body until she heard something crack. She stumbled, her ankle twisting. Ziva screamed, forgetting that Tony would only hurt her worse. The attack continued for another more minutes until Tony was satisfied and he headed back to his room.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ziva managed to get up and limp out of the apartment. She was sure her arm was broken. She headed out to her car and drove to her doctor's, which was hard to do with one arm. As she limped into the waiting room, she was sure she saw the receptionist's eyebrows go up. She wrote Ziva down and pointed to a chair in the far corner. Ziva headed over there and sat down for what seemed like an eternity but was actually a few minutes.

"Ziva David?" the doctor said. Ziva stood and the doctor led her back to the room. The doctor didn't say anything, but Ziva knew what she was thinking After all, Ziva had already been in the doctor's 3 times in the past month, all because of Tony. She had tried to get out of the relationship, but Tony made that impossible. If she avoided him, he showed up at her house, and the pain seemed twice as bad. The doctor put Ziva's arm in a cast and a sling. She also wrapped her ankle up. The doctor told her the usual-- keep it on for 6 weeks, don't get it wet ... Ziva sighed and promised the doctor she would. She drove back home and collapsed on her bed. The only sounds in the empty house were of Ziva's sobs as she cried herself to sleep.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next day proved to be a challenge. It took Ziva forever to get dressed; especially with the long sleeves she had taken to wearing to cover her bruises. Her coworkers gave her strange looks but she brushed them off. Ziva noticed Kate glaring at her suspiciously, as if she knew something was up. After all, she was a profiler, and could tell if Ziva was lying. Tony's look dared Ziva to say something. She knew what would happen if she did.

The day was going slow. There weren't any cases, so the day was spent going over old cases and doing paperwork. At around 12 McGee surprised everybody by bringing them lunch. They finished it with some light, pleasant chit-chat and everyone just sat around talking. Ziva didn't say much. She just sat there quietly. Tony looked at her and motioned for her to follow him. She nodded no, but Tony's look made her give in. She got up and painfully hobbled over to him. He led her over away from the others.

"I'm sorry, Ziva. I didn't mean to hurt you. You know me and my temper." he said. The same old apology. "Why don't you come over to my place? We'll make things right, Ziva."

"I'm sorry Tony. No."

"NO?!" Tony said, shocked. "I can't believe you! Why would you say no to me, Ziva? We've had our rough spots, but I can't believe you'd say no." he said. That did it. Ziva exploded.

"Rough spots?! ROUGH SPOTS!!? Tony, does this look like a rough spot?" she said, indicating her broken arm. "Or this?" she spat, lifting up her shirt and turning around to show him all of her bruises.

"It's over, Tony." Ziva said. She limped back to her desk and sat down, burying her face in her hands.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


"Ziva? Ziva?"

Ziva felt a hand on her shoulder. She lifted her head and looked up to see Kate standing over her.

"Are you OK, Ziva? McGee and I heard yelling. What's going on?" she asked.

'Oh. Um, Kate, I fell down the stairs last night. That's how I broke my arm." Ziva said. Kate gave her a look that said she wasn't buying it.

"Come on, Ziva. Tell me." Kate said, "I'm not leaving you alone until you tell me the truth."

"No, Kate. I can't tell you. Things are bad enough." Ziva said. Kate lifted Ziva's chin, making her look at Kate.

"Tell me, Ziva David. What's going on?" Kate said. Ziva gave in. She told Kate the whole miserable story about how she'd gone out with Tony. How he'd seemed nice at first but abused her. How if she avoided him he came after her. How he apologized over and over but then abused Ziva. How the night before she'd tried to leave and he had broken her arm. And how that day when Ziva had broken up with Tony. She cried and put her head on her desk.

"I'm scared Kate. What if he comes after me?" Ziva said. "I can't fight him." Kate nodded and simply looked at Ziva.

"Why don't we tell Gibbs?"

"NO! I'll be in even more trouble! If Tony finds out I told anybody, he'll come after me. I'm in deep as it is." Ziva said.

"Why don't you stay with me, Ziva? Tony won't know you're there, and if he finds out, well, I have a gun. I'll use it if I have to." Kate said. Ziva nodded gratefully.

"Thanks, Kate." Ziva said, and for the first time in a while, she felt things were going her way.



Like it? Hate it? Got any suggestions? Feedback is welcome and appreciated.

P.S. This story can either be left as it is or I can continue it. E-mail me if you want me to continue it, or if I should leave it.
Chapter End Notes:
Blame maggie for this idea. I hope you like this