- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The song's by Shania Twain... and called "I'm jealous".
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony makes a realization...
I'm Jealous
(and in love)


If I were the moon, I could catch your eye
I'm jealous of the moon
If I were the wind, I would make you fly -
I'm jealous of that too
Yeah yeah
I wish I were the sun shining on your face -
caressing like a lover
I would wrap you in a warm embrace -
we'd be holdin' one another
(I'm jealous of the sun)
I'm jealous of the sun
(Jealous of the sun)
Oh, I'm jealous of the sun
Oh, I don't wanna share you with nothing else
I gotta have you to myself
Oh I can't help it I'm so in love
I just can't get you close enough, no
When the sun's on your skin
I can't hold it in
And I know it's a sin
But I'm jealous of the sun

************

Everybody who would look at his face now would see the jealousy in his eyes. But no-one looked at him. Normally he had planned to enjoy this evening, getting together with another woman, but this here was definitely going wrong.

It all had started, when he had seen a beautiful, brunette and young woman at the bar. At first he didn't realize it, but after he had opened his mouth to started speaking, he saw what he had done. He had tried to hit on nobody else than Kate. When she turned around to face him, she had a big smile on her face and started to laugh as she saw the expression of helplessness and shock on Tony's face.

"Were you trying to hit on me, DiNozzo?" Kate asked, her sweet voice getting into his ears.
"What so you think Katie? Me and flirting? That would never happen." With that he gave her one of his Mega-Watt smiles and turned around, looking for his friends.

After two hours he sat in one corner of the bar, watching one of his buddies dancing with Kate… close. Too close in his opinion. The worst thing was that she liked it. A big smile was plastered on her face every time he looked at her and it didn't seem to become smaller. He had never had this feeling when it came to Kate. But was the feeling he felt? Jealousy? Yeah, it was jealousy… at the moment. But why did he feel that? It was just Kate – his co-worker. Not more… but was that the point, where the problem was? Did he want her to be more for him…? Did he want there platonic relationship to become a romantic one? Did he l…- no, that couldn't be. He couldn't be in love with her. Anthony DiNozzo in love? Usually that never happened, but why should he be jealous of one of his best friends? Was it the fact that another man could dance and flirt with Kate, but Tony couldn't? Or was it that way, because he had had his chances and hadn't taken them?
‘Wait! What am I thinking? I AM NOT IN LOVE!'
But as he watched Kate and her new "friend", he made a shocking realization. ‘I am in love with Kate.'

************

I wish I were the rain runnin' down your neck -
and drippin' from your fingers
Then I could be the drops rollin' off your back -
I'd love to let it linger
(Jealous of the rain)
Oh, I'm jealous of the rain
Oh I don't wanna share you with nothing else
I gotta have you to myself
Oh I can't help it I'm so in love
I just can't get you close enough, no
When it rains on your face
I almost can taste
(Almost can taste)
Your beauty, your grace
(You're beautiful)
I'm jealous of the rain
Yeah yeah
I'm jealous of the rain

************

After his realization he knew he had to do something. His only problem was that his chances were nearly left out. Kate was laughing and dancing with Steve and was getting dangerously close to him. It was just a matter of time and Steve would take her home… Tony had to do something against this. Just in this moment he saw Kate going towards the restroom and he knew that this was his last chance. Otherwise Steve would take her home and do those things to her, Tony was meant to be to do to her. While he stood in front of the restrooms he thought about the things he wanted to tell her. But what did he want to tell her? What was the best explanation for his behaviour?

‘I should go now. I will make a fool out of myself…'

Just then Kate came through the door, bumping right into Tony. She looked up and gave Tony a small smile, but when she wanted to go to Steve again, Tony held her. Kate looked up at him – curiosity in her eyes. But Tony didn't know what to say now. He had her in his arms and he had the chance to tell her everything what he had thought about… but he couldn't say anything. It was like somebody had turned of his voice.
But then he bent down and let his lips touch Kate's. He could feel her wince, but sooner as he thought it would happen, Kate wrapped her arms around Tony's neck and pulled him closer to her as their kiss became more passionate. It felt like everything around them was disappearing and just the need for oxygen made them pull apart.

"And you tell you would never try to hit on me…" Kate smiled and pulled him back down into another kiss.

************

When the wind's in your hair (I can see it blowing)
The way it blows through the air (So unfair)
Oh it's seems so unfair, yeah
When the moon's in your eyes
You seem to light up the skies, yeah
And I realize
I'm even jealous of the moon
Chapter End Notes:
The song's by Shania Twain... and called "I'm jealous".