- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I promised ewanspotter I'd write a long, plot-y NCIS fic, but this drabble-series slammed itself out through my keyboard last night. So here it is. Sorry! I'm not crazy about the ending of the last one, but *shrugs.* Oh well. (By the way, the first one's not technically a drabble. It's 150 words. In case you were wondering.) (By the other way, the title format is stolen from lordessrenegade, without her knowledge. Oops. Sorry sorry!) I'm not making any money from this. None of it belongs to me, either. Not even Mexico.
Author's Chapter Notes:
He had sat on this beach to watch every sunrise, every sunset...
The sun had already slipped behind the horizon, and what light was left was tingeing everything blue. Gibbs' bare feet were the only witnesses to the pulse of the waves.

He didn't hear anything, per se, but knew someone was walking behind him, and turned his head to see DiNozzo standing in the sand, white shirt rippling in the twilight as he looked out over the ocean.

It was a dream-like feeling, with the sand and the wind and the sky, and because Gibbs didn't deal in dreams, he said, "You're a long way from home."

DiNozzo finally looked down at him, sitting on a beach too far away from what he knew to make him forget what he wanted to. "It was worth the commute," he said, and offered a hand to him.

By the time the stars came out, the waves had nearly erased two sets of footprints.



The sky was the gray of pre-dawn, a featureless gray that washed everything colourless. The sand was smooth and hard, the ocean quiet.

He was watching the way the mist moved on the water when he felt a warm presence seeping through the back of his shirt. He turned and smiled.

"Took you long enough."

DiNozzo plopped into the sand beside him. "Yeah. My boss apparently didn't like doing paperwork, so I had to catch up on seven months worth of it."

Gibbs' mouth quirked. "Bastard."

DiNozzo kissed him softly, all warmth in the cold dawn. "Tell me about it."



He had sat on this beach to watch every sunrise, every sunset, wondering what he thought he was getting from them. Were they supposed to heal something deep inside of him? He knew that things like that don't heal, just scar over with time.

He sighed and shifted, waiting. Tossed away his career for nothing, for silence. The silence and the waves were supposed to be soothing, but they were just driving him crazy.

He stood and brushed himself off, turning and walking parallel to the ocean. And as the waves erased his footprints, he had never felt so alone.
Chapter End Notes:
I promised ewanspotter I'd write a long, plot-y NCIS fic, but this drabble-series slammed itself out through my keyboard last night. So here it is. Sorry! I'm not crazy about the ending of the last one, but *shrugs.* Oh well.

(By the way, the first one's not technically a drabble. It's 150 words. In case you were wondering.)

(By the other way, the title format is stolen from lordessrenegade, without her knowledge. Oops. Sorry sorry!)

I'm not making any money from this. None of it belongs to me, either. Not even Mexico.