- Text Size +
Story Notes:
None of this belongs to me; I'm not making any money off of it. This is for lordessrenegade, who wanted Abby/Gibbs and shoes.
Author's Chapter Notes:
"What is it with women and shoes?"
"What is it with women and shoes?"

Abby's voice floated into the bedroom from the closet. "Don't ask me – you're the one with three ex-wives." Her head and shoulders appeared in the doorframe. Two hands soon followed. "Black-studded dog collar or red-studded dog collar?"

Gibbs cocked his head at her. "Black."

She grinned and tossed the red collar away, leaving it to land somewhere on the floor. " 'Kay."

Gibbs moved to pick it up. "No, I'm serious. They have shelves and shelves of shoes, and they only wear some of them."

"Gibbs! I'm surprised at you. Didn't the Boy Scouts teach you to be prepared?"

He decided to let the very obvious joke go, and managed it with only one glance at the stocked bedside table. "Well, there's a difference between being prepared and spending ridiculous amounts of money."

"Okay, well, see. This dress is black, right?" She appeared again in the doorway to show him said dress.

Gibbs cleared his throat and wrenched his eyes back up to her face. "Yes."

"Right. And you said to wear the black dog collar. So I'm wearing black boots."

"Yeah."

"But, if you had said to wear the red dog collar, I would've had to wear my red boots. See? And if it was summer, I'd have to wear my shorter boots, in either red or black. And if this awards ceremony was casual, I'd wear a clunkier boot for under my miniskirt. It depends on the weather, season, dress code, outfit... Understand?"

Actually, Gibbs had lost her at "miniskirt," but nodded anyway. Then he realized what he was doing, and shook his head emphatically. "But why do you need so many?"

Abby sighed. "I give up. Face it, Gibbs, you're a lost cause."

Gibbs made a disappointed sound. "Oh, and see, I was just thinking of what I was going to do once I got the boots off you tonight."

Abby froze halfway through doing up one of her pigtails. "I never said you were a bad lost cause. I mean, you're a good lost cause. A really, really, really good... lost..."

The last couple of words disappeared as Gibbs walked over and kissed the spot beneath her ear, working his way across her neck.

"No one expects me to come to this thing, right?" he growled against her skin.

"Oh, God. No. No, they – oh, oh – don't."

"Good," he murmured. "Then they won't mind if we're late."

Abby groaned and leaned over to undo the buckles on her calves.

"Ah, ah," said Gibbs. He grinned wickedly. "Leave the boots on."
Chapter End Notes:
None of this belongs to me; I'm not making any money off of it.

This is for lordessrenegade, who wanted Abby/Gibbs and shoes.