- Text Size +
“Ouch!” yelped DiNozzo while hitting the floor hard.

“Thanks! You broke my fall.” Said a relived Kate and getting off of DiNozzo.

“Why’d you do that?!” complained Tony.

Kate looking at him with a confused expression on her face. “What do you mean why did I do that? I didn’t do that on purpose!” explained Kate, “I slipped and you happened to be in front of me and so you broke my fall.”

“It hurts!” Tony kept on complaining.

“Stop whining.”

“I’m not whining.”

“I apologized.”

“Apology not accepted!”

“Well, sorry for me having more better manners than yourself.”

“Are you two finished goofing around?” said an annoyed Gibbs “Get this suspect to NCIS building for interrogation.” He said shoving the handcuffed suspect at their direction and walked away.

“Gibbs!” Yelled Kate as for Gibbs to hear him since he was already nowhere near. “Where are you going?”

‘Should’ve known not to bother asking in the first place.” she muttered under her breath; making her way to the car where Tony have settled the suspect in the back seat.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the car…
The suspect was relieved to get out of the hands of Gibbs. “He seems to be a dangerous guy.” He said.

Tony chuckled and said, “You have no idea.”

“Please tell me he is not the one who will be interrogating me.” Begged the suspect obviously worried.

“I’m afraid it’s not you’re lucky day.” Said Kate hiding her smirk seeing as how the suspect swallowed and seemed uncomfortable.

“If I didn’t run, would it have made a difference?” the suspect continued asking, clearly realizing he is in a messed up situation.

Kate and Tony looked at each other for a second and answered at the same time “Nope!”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the observation room.
“Where is Gibbs!” stated Kate, “It’s already been 3 hours since we arrived!” she complained.

Shrugging Tony said, “Well, he was grumpy all morning.”

“So? He’s always grumpy.”

“Grumpy, grumpy, grumpy, he must be related to ‘grumpy’ from the seven dwarfs.” He paused a few minutes and then asked Kate, “Why are you looking at me in that creepy way?”

“You really need to know?” asked Kate dangerously.

“On second thought, no I don’t.” he replied. “By the way, my guess, Gibbs probably went to get him some coffee.”

“Coffee, for three hours?”

At that moment, Gibbs entered the interrogation room with a coffee in hand. Before he could say anything the suspect confessed everything. From the very little things he saw early that day from Gibbs, he surely doesn’t want to be on his bad side. So he gave in. Therefore, the interrogation went faster and smoother than anyone thought it would.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later …
“Boss! Can we take an early break? I’m starving.” Whined Tony making Kate roll her eyes.

Gibbs eyed him for a few moments making Tony go uneasy. “How far are you with the report?”

“I’ve started it already if that’s what you mean.” Stated Tony with annoyance.

Gibbs actually smiled at Tony’s reaction. He really could act like a kid sometimes. “Fine.” Said Gibbs.

Tony and Kate’s eyes widened with shock, ‘Gibbs actually giving in? wow! He really must be in a good mood.’

“If you two don’t shoo, I might change my mind.” Said Gibbs sipping his coffee that hid the smile on his face.

Both Tony and Kate made their way to the elevator as quick as they can.

“Okaaaay, that was way unexpected.” Stated Kate meaning Gibbs behaviour.

“I totally agree.” Said Tony nodding his head and having a smile spread on his face. “Though, I’m not complaining.”

“Yea, me neither,” said Kate, “By the way, how far did you really go with your report?” she questioned out of curiosity..

“Well I managed to be in the fourth word of the second line.”

“You gotta be joking!” gasped Kate in shock. “If Gibbs finds out, you’re dead.”

“He won’t find out,” he said confidently, “And you are not going to say a word.”

They both got off on the floor leading to Abby’s lab. Seeing as both Ducky and Abby were there they invited them to lunch. Of course, Abby went to the bullpen to drag Gibbs along with them.